Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Book_Crazy_Teen
0 Kudos

vampire/werewolf books!!!

does anyone know any good vampire/werewolf book? they can also be books about other shifters or witches..anything like that. I'm running out of good books to read and it would REALLY help if you guys could recommend something to me...and if there are a lot of book by the same author you can just tell me the authors name or the name of the series instead of listing a whole bunch of titles!!!!

So...can anyone help??
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Re: vampire/werewolf books!!!

Book_Crazy_Teen wrote:
does anyone know any good vampire/werewolf book? they can also be books about other shifters or witches..anything like that. I'm running out of good books to read and it would REALLY help if you guys could recommend something to me...and if there are a lot of book by the same author you can just tell me the authors name or the name of the series instead of listing a whole bunch of titles!!!!
So...can anyone help??

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out the thread "genre series for newbies" which appears about halfway down the first page. You will find lots of great ideas. If you are looking for mostly YA titles, I can suggest some others.

Carol
So many books, so little time...
New User
elena_vampire
0 Kudos

Well I am 13 but I do have good views on books so please don't knock 'em till you try 'em. Vampire Diaries (Vampires), Twilight (Vampires and werewolves), Harry Potter (wizards of course), Sweep (Witches), Interview with a vampire(Vampires), Vampire kisses (vampires), Glass Houses(Vampires), Sweet Blood(Vampires), Cirque Du Freak, Blood and Chocolate(werewolf I think), Silver Wolf (werewolf), Night Of the wolf(werewolf), and wolf king (werewolf). Some of these books I have not read, mostly the werewolf ones.
New User
Flame_1616
0 Kudos

Well there's the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series (Vampire) by J.R. Ward, the Dark-Hunter series (were/vamp) by Sherrilyn Kenyon, the Vampire Huntress series (vamp/shifters/demon) by L.A. Banks, and then the Carpathian series (vamp) by Christine Feehan.
New User
reading_is_good
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I don't know how old you are but an amazing young adult series is Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan.  It's about a boy who, by an unlucky turn of events, ends up becoming a vampire.  The series follows how he copes with leaving his family in order to be mentored on how to survive as a vampire, his trek to vampire mountain, and the war against the vampeneze.  It's an outstanding series with a nice twist on vampires.  Usually vampires are portrayed as the bad guys but in this book they are the one's that you're rooting for the whole time.  This was my favorite set of books for a long time and I believe that there's a movie coming out sometime in the near future based on them.

My favorite series at the moment, however, is the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong.  It has vampires, werewolves, witches, demons, half demons, socerors (sp?) and other paranormal creatures.  Each book in the series could stand alone but I find it more fun to read them in order.  I would recomend starting off with the first book, Bitten, though because it's a good introduction.  Bitten is about a female werewolf trying to seperate herself from her pack so she can live a "normal" life among humans; unfortunetly, it's harder than it sounds and she ends up being dragged back home to help defend her pack against other mutts.  It focuses only on werewolves but starting in second book, the rest of the series has a more diverse span of paranormal characters.  This series is downright amazing but just as a heads up Armstrong has added some very, *ahem*, adult scenes in the book if you get my gist.  There aren't very many and they only last a page or two but still, just a warning. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by reading_is_good on 07-29-2008 09:02 AM
Frequent Contributor
imsosorrybutiloveyou
0 Kudos

fer sure read all the twilight series books if you havent yet by stephenie meyer though i doubt you havent. about love and vampires. absolutely worth the time to read. blood and chocolate by annette curtis klause is about werewolves. a lot of ppl bag on the vampire kisses series but i thought it was good. (by ellen schreiber. harry potter is long and for some hard to get into but i personally enjoyed it so read that too. i too am in the process of finding good vampire/ werewolf books. i adore the paranormal world.

ive heard these books are good and i searched them up. they seem good but ive never read them yet.

blue blood -melissa de la cruz

vampire academy- richelle mead

eigth grade bites : the chronicles of vladimir tod- heather brewer

the scent of shadows (signs of the zodia series) - vicki petterson

sorry if im no help!  

fer sure maybe. fer sure not. fer sure eh. fer sure bomb.
Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

Here are some of my suggestions

Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris

Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs

Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost

Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong

Blood Ties by Jennifer Armintrout

Kitty Norville  series by Carrie Vaughn

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Chomp wrote:

Book_Crazy_Teen wrote:
So...can anyone help??

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out the thread "genre series for newbies" which appears about halfway down the first page. You will find lots of great ideas. If you are looking for mostly YA titles, I can suggest some others.

Carol

Ditto...LOTS of great ideas in that thread!!  I've read so many great series so far...it won't be hard for you to find more to read trust me.  :smileyhappy:  I am reading the Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn and they have been spectacular!  She's a Werewolf...enough said.  Read them!!  :smileywink:

I'm onto the Patricia Briggs books next...her Mercy Thompson series.  That one has shapeshifters & vampires and comes highly recommended!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
New User
evol-takes-over
0 Kudos

sweep series is good for the witch lovers.

life has spells of its own, some are just not that obvious.

Correspondent
kitkat3ny
0 Kudos

Yasmine Galenorn's Sister's of the moon.  It's about three sisters, one's a witch, one's vampire and the other's a shapeshifter.
Contributor
Auana
0 Kudos

Ok I know that this is proably the wicked obvious one of the genre, but she is my favorite author so I have to sugest the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton. I don't know how old of a "teen" you are, but the first few books in the series before the Killing Dance are all teen appropiate. She also just released her second book of Anita Blake Vampire Hunter comics. The comics are now being done by Marvel and are really cool if you like that kind of thing. Though I must say I liked the first set of artists they had before Marvel much better, it is still a unique new graphic concept for vampire/warewolf books.
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

You've got to read Ilona Andrews Magic Burns:  Synopsis -

As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels knows how waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta's paramilitary clan of shape shifters, she quickly realizes much more is at stake. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug of war between two gods hoping for rebirth, and if Kate can't stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive.

Also Gerry Bartlett Real Vampires Have Curves:  Synopsis

What-did you think all vamps were pale, thin and brooding? Don't I wish.

Gloriana St. Clair is an eternally "full-figured" vampire-she just happened to be bloating when a sexy Scotsman sank his teeth into her. She and said Scot-Angus Jeremiah Campbell III, aka Jeremy Blade-have been on and off again for centuries, currently off. A couple hundred years has taught them how to press each other's buttons-in good ways and bad.

Other authors:  Annette Blair, Patricia Briggs, Mary Janice Davidson, Laura Gilman, Tate Hallaway, Charlaine Harris, Kim Harrison, Majorie Liu, Katie Macalister, etc.

Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

Ok.  I feel like I am the only one who has read or liked these books.  But I really enjoyed the Dante Valentine series by Lilith Saintcrow.  Umm Pandora by Anne Rice is probably my favorite book by her.  I have only read the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton up to Obsidian Butterfly but those are written well.  I LOVED Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series.  Blood and Chocolate I thought was written well for young adult.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Waterlily,

You are not the only one that loved the Dante Valantine series by Lilith Saintcrow but I think the reason that it hasn't been mention is that we talk with the author when the third book came out and then again last month she was here for a few days and questions were asked and answered and so if the threads were read that would give people a chance to know about the books.  I know that I have read and love all Saintcrow's books.

Toni 

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If you want a simply superb werewolf novel, check out Nicholas Pekearo's The Wolfman. We talked about this book a few months ago. (Check out the thread below...) The guy was a NYPD cop and really wanted to be a writer. His first novel, The Wolfman, had just gotten into the hands of a Tor Books editor, when he was tragically killed in the line of duty. I'm not an overly emotional person – in fact, I think I'm pretty callous – but I cried after I read the press release for this book and I teared up when I finished reading it because – my God – it was brilliant and it would've been the first book in what could've been an amazing series. READ THIS BOOK – it truly is an instant horror classic.

Paul

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=vpttn&message.id=6291&query.id=15854#M...

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 09-08-2008 05:14 PM
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Contributor
dancersdreamland
0 Kudos

I'm a bit obessive-compulsive so I have a pretty lengthy list of books I want to read and have read.  Here are the ones I've categorized as YA (yount adult) and their subject breakdown (vamps, paranormal, were, etc.)

The author is listed first - the series - then first book name - then subject 

Kelly Armstrong - Darkest Powers Series - The Summoning - YA Paranormal Kids

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes - Den of Shadows Series - In the Forests of the Night - YA Vampire

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes - The Kiesha'ra - Hawksong - YA Shapeshifters

Avi - No Series - Seer of Shadows - YA Paranormal

Meg Cabot - 1-800-Where Series - When Lighting Strikes - YA Paranormal

Meg Cabot - Mediator Series - Shadowland - YA Paranormal

Meg Cabot - No Series - Jinx - YA Paranormal

Rachel Caine - Morganville Vamps Series - Glass Houses - YA Vampire

PC and Kristin Cast - House of Night Series - Marked - YA Vampire

Stephen Cole - Wereling Series - Wounded - YA WereBeing

Liza Conrad - Lucy Chronicles - High School Bites - YA Vampire

Catherine Creedon - No Series - Blue Wolf - YA WereBeing

Mary Janice Davidson - Jennifer Scales - Jennifer Scales and the Ancient Furnance - YA Shapeshifter

Melissa de la Cruz - Blue Bloods - Blue Bloods - YA Vampire

Sue Dent - Series - Never Ceese - YA WereBeing

Clare B. Dunkle - No Series - By These Ten Bones - YA WereBeing

Christopher Golden - Prolwers Series - Prowlers - YA WereBeing

Christopher Golden - The Shadow Saga - Of Saints and Shadows - A Vampire

Nancy Holder - Wicked Series - Witch - YA Magic

Mary Hooper - No Series - Newes from the Dead - YA Paranormal

Susan Hubbard - Society Series - The Society of S - A Vampire

Okay, I have to go now so I'll come back and continue the list at another time.  Note I did not read the other posts so I do not know what has already been posted.  My apologies if there are duplicate suggestions.

~ Time to curl up with a good read... ~
Ikiwiki
Contributor
dancersdreamland
0 Kudos

Continued...

Julie Kenner - No Series - Olivia's Odyssey - YA Vampire

Annette Curtis Klause - No Series - Blood and Chocolate - YA WereBeing

Annette Curtis Klause - No Series - The Silver Kiss - YA Vampire

Mari Mancusi - Vampire Series - Boys That Bite - YA Vampire

Amanda Marrone - No Series - Uninvited - YA Vampire

Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy Series - Vampire Academy - YA Vampire

Stephenie Meyer - Twilight Series - Twilight - YA Vampire

Meredith Ann Pierce - Darkangel Series - The Darkangel - YA Vampire

Petru Popescu - Weregirls Series - Birth of the Pack - YA Werebeings

Petru Popescu - No Series - In Hot Blood - YA Vampire

Kristopher Reisz - No Series - Unleashed - YA Werebeings

Serena Robar - Colby Blanchard Series - Braced2Bite - YA Vampire

Ellen Schrieber - Vampire Kisses Series - Vampire Kisses - YA Vampire

Cynthia Leitich Smith - No Series - Tantalize - YA Vampire

Lisa Jane Smith - Night World Series - Secret Vampire - YA Vampire

Lisa Jane Smith - Vampire Diaries Series - The Awakening - YA Vampire

Justin Somper - Vampirates Series - Demons of the Ocean - YA Vampire

Vivian Vanda Velde - No Series - Companions of the Night - YA Vampire

Scott Westerfield - No Series - Peeps - YA Vampire

Patricia Windsor - No Series - The Blooding - YA Vampire

Happy reading!!!

~ Time to curl up with a good read... ~
Ikiwiki
Contributor
marla4
0 Kudos

A friend of mine from work mention the twilight series and said it's a really good book series. It's about love and vampires/shapeshifters.The series is written by Stephenie Meyer, you could pick it up anywhere sold.  It's worth the time to read. It may be worth watching the movie when it comes out.
New User
sdent1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I saw my debut novel Never Ceese listed and just wanted to make sure and let you know it actually covers vampires and werewolves. Also, though it is listed here on Barnes & Noble, and selling quite well, you'll have to dig deep to find the listing. I can't even get it to pop up when typing in the title. This has to do with my first publisher, Journey Stone,  changing routes and dumping all their stock of my books to a liquidator.

Even if you have trouble getting this book, you may go to Amazon and pay $500, LOL, I'm not kidding! Someone is actually selling it for $500. Or you can get it from the others who are selling it for a reasonable price. You may go to www.foreverrichard.com and order an autographed copy while they last.  

Never Ceese was short-listed for a Bram Stoker Award in 2007 and I'm very proud of that but I do like to stress that it does cover both vampires and werewolves. The second book in the series, Forever Richard will be out *check www.foreverrichard.com for release date*

If you're interested.

So many good books on some of these lists!

Message Edited by sdent1 on 09-14-2008 08:53 AM
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
FWIW, I think I read part of Petru Popescu's "In Hot Blood" many years ago and it was not YA. Has it recently been reissued, or was it YA (I could be thinking of a different book)?
Message Edited by LordRuthven on 09-14-2008 12:10 PM
Derek Tatum