Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

B&N Video Interview with Paulette Jiles

[ Edited ]
Hello All:

A few weeks ago, I had the wonderful opportunity to visit with Paulette Jiles at her ranch outside San Antonio, Texas. Have a look at our exclusive video interview to see Paulette talk about her colorful career as a writer and the inspirations behind her work -- and watch her in action with her beautiful horses, Dolly and Buck. It's just the thing to get our conversation started...

Enjoy!

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-06-2007 10:39 AM

Contributor
bookluver196
0 Kudos

Re: B&N Video Interview with Paulette Jiles

Whenever I read a novel, I find myself flipping to the back cover to read the blurb about the author. I feel quite disappointed when there is nothing there (!) or it is just a brief write-up about the author's academic career or a list of his or her other writings. I especially enjoyed watching the Jiles interview as she invites the viewer into her personal life - telling anecdotes about her childhood and family, and showing us her home. I liked learning a bit about the writing journey she took while preparing for Stormy Weather.
Frequent Contributor
bentley
0 Kudos

Amanda_R wrote:
Hello All:

A few weeks ago, I had the wonderful opportunity to visit with Paulette Jiles at her ranch outside San Antonio, Texas. Have a look at our exclusive video interview to see Paulette talk about her colorful career as a writer and the inspirations behind her work -- and watch her in action with her beautiful horses, Dolly and Buck. It's just the thing to get our conversation started...

Enjoy!

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-06-2007 10:39 AM

I enjoyed the video very much Amanda and seeing Paulette with her own horse and ranch. It is also great to get a sense of the writer when you are reading their books and see what they personally value.

Bentley
BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Thank you, Bentley!

I really enjoyed the experience, and Paulette was so generous with her time and hospitality. Watching her in action with her gorgeous horses was really something to see -- and I'm glad we got to capture some of that on the video, along with Paulette's insights about Stormy Weather.

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-10-2007 01:04 PM

Author
pkjiles
0 Kudos

I must say that Amanda was very brave and actually helped me lift the saddle up on Buck and reached out to pat Dolly. And she had flown straight out of New York. And walked around in that rocky landscape in her ballet-type shoes.

Intrepid!
New User
Shenandoah
0 Kudos

I would love to be able to see this interview but am not able. Has the time during which one can see it elapsed or is it just my computer? Help. I do have the Windows Media Player installed.
Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 705 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: