Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
chana56
0 Kudos

Re: Discuss Chapter 19

shmrks wrote:
How does Ron return to the burrow without alerting deatheaters? They would definitely be watching the Weasleys and for Ron to show up there and then leave doesnt seem to fit. Deatheaters are looking for Harry and can assume he is with HG and RW so they would be looking for those 2 as well.

Glad Ron is back but seeems unlikely to happen without putting everyone in jeopardy

It never says anywhere that Ron was at the Burrows in the meantime, or that he was with family, or anyone else. But then, where would he have been?
Chana

"We don't stop laughing when we get old, we get old when we stop laughing - Anonymous
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

HE'S BACK!!! I'm so excited!!! I really loved this chapter, and I am glad that we got to see into Ron's mentality some more. I do expect that we'll learn more about Hermione soon, because, as someone else already said, she does seem to be rather flawless.
I never considered that the doe could have been Snape's Patronus. My first thought was Lily, but I decided that doesn't make much sense because she's dead, and JKR is adamant about the death being final thing unless they return as a ghost. It could be Snape. But I am still completely torn as to whether or not Snape is evil. I have too much evidence for both sides and I can't seem to settle on one!
I'm glad we're getting to Xenophilius in the next chapter. I've been wondering about him since we read about his Grindelwald symbol in the wedding chapter.
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
Frequent Contributor
Krisleyyy
0 Kudos

jesus. IM SO GLAD RON IS BACK! i cried when he came back. i was so excited. Hermione on the other hand, that's a different story. it's so weird, the locket saw inside Ron's heart therefore he tried to convince him that what he feared was true, therefore making ron weaker. I cannot imagine harry and hermione together and anyone who does is stupid. Ron saved harry and he got the sword. I true Gryffindor
and lather the blood on your hands,
Romeo.
Frequent Contributor
LiveUrLife
0 Kudos

I was glad to see Ron come back. I still want to know how the sword got into the water. And what about that silver doe?
New User
AugustB
0 Kudos

I know what you mean about missing Hogwarts. I would really like to see parallel chapters written from Ginny's point of view about what has been going on at the school all this time.
New User
LittleSquib
0 Kudos

kpeterson32 wrote:
I'm starting to waver in my certainty of Snape's evilness. Is it possible that the doe is Snape's patronus and that it does, indeed, represent Lily, whose husband was able to transform into a stag?

Once you cast your first Patronus, whatever it is, it stays that animal (except for Tonks). Even if Snape was infatuated with Lily when he cast his first Patronus, it doesn't mean anything - Lily didn't like James when they were in school together. Besides, Snape had no way to know James was an animagus who turned into a Stag.

Even if he did, I don't think Snape is soft enough to have a cute little animal as his Patronus. It's probably a troll! LOL!!
Frequent Contributor
thefamilymanager
0 Kudos

I never realized how much I missed what was actually going on at Hogwarts until they brought up Ginny and Gang's punishment. Whenever the students had punishments with Hagrid, he tried to be somewhat gruff but down deep you knew he would never let harm come to the students. I feel for Harry, Hermoine, and Ron that they don't have that protection right now.

However, with the appearance of the Silver Doe, I feel that someone is watching over them. I do feel though that they must do this on their own because that will make them into the Great Wizards/Witch that they are destined to become.
LMD

- if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! - Dorothy - Wizard of OZ
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 1,072 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: