Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

Discuss Chapter 21

This thread is for discussion of Chapter 21 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

If you wish to discuss events from later in the book, please post in the appropriate thread below.

Spoiler Warning: If you have not read past Chapter 21, this thread may contain plot spoilers.
Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
0 Kudos

Re: Discuss Chapter 21

I'm absolutely shocked that I'm the first to comment on this chapter. The revelation about the Deathly Hallows is huge. We already know where one of those Hallows is of course and I think the others are close by as well. DD gave them the clues so he knew where they were and as old as he was I wonder if he didn't "conquer" death. We saw something being stole from a Wand Maker (Gregorvitch) earlier by Grindelwald something LV badly wanted. Makes sense it's the wand mentioned in the story. As for the stone I have no idea....but I'm sure DD had it since he had the invisibility cloak as well as the wand since he would've taken it from Grindelwald when he defeated him....I've got an idea where it is thanks to spoilers i've seen and intuition but won't put it here though but since it's pebble sized it would have to be in something small.

Also hate to hear the DEs have Luna. I don't like what Xeno did to the kids but being a father I also understand why he did it. Hermione's exit plan was great with her erasing Xeno's memory, dropping the whole building down on the heads of the DEs, and then disparating out of midair that's just insane......

Also the picture in Luna's room was so sweet that really brought a smile to my face.
Frequent Contributor
MsJinx
0 Kudos

Unbelievably quick thinking on Hermoine's part - covering Ron with the cloak, making sure Harry was seen! She took everything into account.
Contributor
JaYzRICH
0 Kudos

allenctynimrod wrote:
I'm absolutely shocked that I'm the first to comment on this chapter. The revelation about the Deathly Hallows is huge. We already know where one of those Hallows is of course and I think the others are close by as well. DD gave them the clues so he knew where they were and as old as he was I wonder if he didn't "conquer" death. We saw something being stole from a Wand Maker (Gregorvitch) earlier by Grindelwald something LV badly wanted. Makes sense it's the wand mentioned in the story. As for the stone I have no idea....but I'm sure DD had it since he had the invisibility cloak as well as the wand since he would've taken it from Grindelwald when he defeated him....I've got an idea where it is thanks to spoilers i've seen and intuition but won't put it here though but since it's pebble sized it would have to be in something small.

Also hate to hear the DEs have Luna. I don't like what Xeno did to the kids but being a father I also understand why he did it. Hermione's exit plan was great with her erasing Xeno's memory, dropping the whole building down on the heads of the DEs, and then disparating out of midair that's just insane......

Also the picture in Luna's room was so sweet that really brought a smile to my face.

Yup,So I guess Voldemort is after The deathly Hallows because coming to think of it we see Harry having visions as Voldemort where he is after Wandmakers and he is asking for something. Now I understand the cover of the book, both Voldemort and Harry aiming for the Deathly Hallows. This is so interesting. And by the way Hermione is so brilliant! Dont know what Harry would do without her.
Contributor
stellaa37
0 Kudos

I love the Deathly Hallows story! How about PotterWatch?? I LOVE IT!
Stella
"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution."
-Professor Dumbledore
Frequent Contributor
kpeterson32
0 Kudos

Poor, crazy Xeno Lovegood! I can't believe they've taken Luna because of the Quibbler. As if Harry didn't have enough to worry about, now he needs to find and rescue Luna as well! I'm sure that's something that he will have to put off, necessarily, because he has other important things to do, but after seeing that painting in her room, I think rescuing her will be something he'll really want to do.

Very interesting about the Deathly Hallows! I knew they weren't the Horcruxes! I also knew that they were key to destroying Voldemort, although it looks like I was off in my guess that they were the objects to be used to destroy the remaining Horcruxes.

At least Xeno was helpful before attempting to hand the kids over to the Death Eaters. And I can't believe how quick-witted that Hermione is! Shocking that she ended up in Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw. Do you think the Sorting Hat can see into a person's future instead of just into their heart?
---------------------------------
"Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" -- Luna Lovegood
New User
Cousins
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hallows vs. Hocruxes? it all comes down to the final moment...

Message Edited by Cousins on 07-24-2007 02:00 PM
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

I'm glad we finally know about the Deathly Hallows. But it will come down to Horcruxes vs. Hallows, as someone else already said. Hmmm...
And I can't believe they took Luna!! I think it's very touching that she painted all her friends on her ceiling. Sure, Luna's strange, but they shouldn't have taken her! I understand what Xeno is doing, because his daughter is all he has left because his wife is dead, but I'm glad Harry, Ron, and Hermione are getting away. I just hope nothing will happen to Xeno; those Death Eaters can be rather ruthless.
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

i wonder if harry will ever be on good terms with Luna's father again? i mean i know he was desperate for his daughter to be returned to him but he should of realized htat if harry would of been caught and killed by LV the then there would be a lot more at stake then saving Luna. Hermione can sure think fast on her feet. harry and ron are so lucky they decided to befriend her their first year at hogwarts.
‡¥‡ When it comes to LOVE, even forever don't seem long enough ‡¥‡
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

snider_kr wrote:
i wonder if harry will ever be on good terms with Luna's father again? i mean i know he was desperate for his daughter to be returned to him but he should of realized htat if harry would of been caught and killed by LV the then there would be a lot more at stake then saving Luna. Hermione can sure think fast on her feet. harry and ron are so lucky they decided to befriend her their first year at hogwarts.

Luna's father was an emotional mess at that point, and even though he did very wrong, you can tell he was fighting his conscience about it. I don't think Harry would have held it against him... Ron probably would have, though!
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

snider_kr wrote:

Luna's father was an emotional mess at that point, and even though he did very wrong, you can tell he was fighting his conscience about it. I don't think Harry would have held it against him... Ron probably would have, though!

your right I think Harry would be very mature about it now that everything is over. I mean Luna's father owes Harry for saving her. Ron still will hold the grudge against him for betraying them.
‡¥‡ When it comes to LOVE, even forever don't seem long enough ‡¥‡
Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 833 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: