Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

Discuss Chapter 27

This thread is for discussion of Chapter 27 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

If you wish to discuss events from later in the book, please post in the appropriate thread below.

Spoiler Warning: If you have not read past Chapter 27, this thread may contain plot spoilers.
Contributor
JaYzRICH
0 Kudos

Re: Discuss Chapter 27

Wow i wonder where that horcrux in Hogwarts is. The book keeps getting better and better through every chapter, getting sad already knowing that in less than 10 chapters Harry Potter's Thrilling story comes to and end. :-(
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Hang in there, JaYzRICH--I'm "on the other side," so I can vouch that there is, indeed, life after the book is over :smileywink: , but do take your time getting there! Many of the weekend readers are now complaining that they read too fast and are now re-reading more slowly. So, take your time and enjoy.

~ConnieK

JaYzRICH wrote:
Wow i wonder where that horcrux in Hogwarts is. The book keeps getting better and better through every chapter, getting sad already knowing that in less than 10 chapters Harry Potter's Thrilling story comes to and end. :-(

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
kpeterson32
0 Kudos

Connie, I knew that was going to happen, so I was determined to read it in my own time. I'm so glad that I have! This way I've still had time to process and guess what I think is going to come next.

I think the Hogwarts Horcrux is in one of two places...either in the Room of Requirement, or in the Chamber of SecretS. I thought of the RoR because of that tarnished tiara, but I think Voldemort would have taken a little more care with a Horcrux left there. So I think it's more likely to be in the Chamber of Secrets. We've only seen one secret there, so why is the word plural?

And I am thrilled beyond measure to know that Dumbledore was right about the blasted snake. This means that Harry really CAN'T be a Horcrux, and I'm just so glad to know that I was right about something else!
---------------------------------
"Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" -- Luna Lovegood
Contributor
Nimabu
0 Kudos

Yes! I was waiting for the ceremonial return to Hogwarts. At least they've got the Marauder's Map. But what could the fifth Horcrux be?
Contributor
SingPraise
0 Kudos

JaYzRICH wrote:

I think it might be in the Room of Requirement! Remember the room full of hidden objects?!? Perhaps Voldemort thoght he alone would be able to acess that room and hid it in there. Or perhaps the Chamber of secrets.

He did say Plunged didnt he? Perhaps the Black Lake?

Room of Requirement
Chamber of Secrets
Bottom of te black lake
Secret Passageways known only to the creators, and viewers of the Marauders Map,and Mischevious peeps + Voldemort
The Potions Chamber (where he learned 'bout Horcruxes)
The Headmaster's office (right onder Dumbledore's Nose)
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out what the Horcrux could be in Hogwarts, and where it could be located. I'm sure it's something that JKR mentioned in passing in one of the earlier books; one of the things you read but don't really think of as being particularly important.
I'll be excited when they do return to Hogwarts. I miss it. :smileysad:
Hey, this is my 100th post!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by APenForYourThoughts on 07-28-2007 05:43 PM
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 1,016 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: