Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Melly
0 Kudos

Re: Discuss Chapter 36

Nevile suprised me in the end, i remember at the First Year he was so scared of all this little things and didnt do magic so well [ha]. He stood up to Voldermont, he gets me happier every minute when i read that book.

P.S- Mrs. Weasley Rocks! haha
Cool Beans :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
0 Kudos

Just wanted to point out at the end of this since I've read through the thread....Gindelwald didn't only steal the wand he also defeated Gregorovitch. On page 280 of the American hardcover "Harry saw the delight upon his handsome face,then the intruder shot a Stunning Spell and jumped neatly out of the window with a crow of laughter." When he hit Gregorovitch with the stunning spell he did effectively the same thing that Draco did to DD with his disarming spell. I understand that you probably won't be swayed bentley but JKR didn't put all the evidence of the passing of the wand into canon in the book to not lead to it playing a part.
New User
Weasley_Twins_fan
0 Kudos

I started a post about Griphook in the Gringotts chapter 26.

I think it would be in keeping with Harry's character to return the sword to the goblin Griphook, as he promised. They never would have defeated V. without his help,
getting into Bellatrix's vault.

The one request I think Harry, Ron and Hermiony should make is ask the goblins not to tamper with the sword's magical ability to come to the aid of any true Griffendor.
McGonagall could make it a point of honor among all future Griffendors to always return the sword to the goblins when it's no longer needed.

I also think the wizarding world should pay for the repairs to Gringott's bank.
Harry and co. only had to break in because the goblins--unpleasant though they may be--have such integrity, and would never have willingly removed something out of a vault under their care.

Harry has some fences to mend with the Gringotts goblins--right now I think his gold is pretty much unavailable to him--he'd probably be killed/imprisoned by the goblins if he showed up to get into his own vault. Perhaps he could also return the broken horcrux cup with an explaination of why he took it.

The goblins had a stake in getting rid of V. too...

All in all, I'd trust a goblin with my money.
Frequent Contributor
bentley
0 Kudos

allenctynimrod wrote:
Just wanted to point out at the end of this since I've read through the thread....Gindelwald didn't only steal the wand he also defeated Gregorovitch. On page 280 of the American hardcover "Harry saw the delight upon his handsome face,then the intruder shot a Stunning Spell and jumped neatly out of the window with a crow of laughter." When he hit Gregorovitch with the stunning spell he did effectively the same thing that Draco did to DD with his disarming spell. I understand that you probably won't be swayed bentley but JKR didn't put all the evidence of the passing of the wand into canon in the book to not lead to it playing a part.

Just happened to poke back in and lol and behold..we are still talking about the wand. I couldn't resist responding since I saw myself mentioned.

I really have nothing more to add to the discussion and I am not sure how you are so sure of JKRs intentions or not. I think the wand itself played a huge part in this novel so once more I disagree...don't want to disappoint but it is a book of fiction and I loved the series and the book despite some major inconsistencies.

Take care and I respect your input and the right to your opinions, etc. Everyone has made some good points and I can understand how you feel the way you do.

Respectfully,

Bentley
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 291 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: