Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: Discuss the Epilogue

Bill_T wrote:
Actually, Psychee, I did think of Molly first off when the question was raised. But "Lily Molly"? JKR is better with names than that!

Psychee wrote:

allenctynimrod wrote:
I thought maybe Dora myself. I think we can certainly safely rule Delores, Bellatrix, or Cissy out though.

I think we can safely rule out "Petunia" as well, lol...! But we should also consider "Molly" as a possible name...

You're so right... Lily Molly would be really awful! lol... :smileyhappy:

But maybe "Molly" is just a nickname... people used to use it as a nickname for "Margaret" and "Amelia" as well as for "Mary". "Lily Margaret Potter" wouldn't be so bad...
Frequent Contributor
Rosebear
0 Kudos

Oh my.
I guess that's it then...

JKR has to have had a few good chuckles over the past year...all of us trying to figure out what she was going to do....

I wonder, in the end, if anyone actually untangled the entirety of the "Deathly Hallows?"

So many theories right, but in the wrong way...I was fascinated to say the least.
Contributor
annie-w
0 Kudos

Re: Victoire

swimsquirrel8 wrote:
I was thiking Victoire was Viktor Krum's child
also i'm a little confused
JK Rowling said that by the end of the book we would know what harry's parents did for a living and what dudley saw when the dementors came at him
why weren't those things in the book??

James said "Victoire our cousin" Viktor isn't related to them, and I think all those things that mugglenet.com posted that JK said we'd learn was hogwash, I think they asked her those questions and she said yes and no to throw us off the scent. And she did awesome!! I still wish we'd learned what happened to everyone!! And did the Dursely's even survive?
Contributor
annie-w
0 Kudos

annie-w wrote:

swimsquirrel8 wrote:
JK Rowling said that by the end of the book we would know what harry's parents did for a living and what dudley saw when the dementors came at him

James said "Victoire our cousin" Viktor isn't related to them, and I think all those things that mugglenet.com posted that JK said we'd learn was hogwash, I think they asked her those questions and she said yes and no to throw us off the scent. And she did awesome!! I still wish we'd learned what happened to everyone!! And did the Dursely's even survive?

Sorry...Dursleys.
Contributor
Harrypotteraholic
0 Kudos

annie-w wrote:

swimsquirrel8 wrote:

who cares they except dudley were horrible to him
Contributor
stephgirl32
0 Kudos

swimsquirrel8 wrote:

alot of thingds wernt in th book that jk said would b. like she had said that the fact that harry had lilys eyes would be very important but i dint c it in th book at all! or mab i missed something...
Contributor
readsalot
0 Kudos

stephgirl32 wrote:

alot of thingds wernt in th book that jk said would b. like she had said that the fact that harry had lilys eyes would be very important but i dint c it in th book at all! or mab i missed something...

It was important that Harry had Lily's eyes. That was whole meaning behind Snape saying, "Look...at...me." right before he died. He wanted to see Lily's eyes one more time. It had nothing to do with Harry -- it was all about his love for Lily and everything he put himself through to save her son -- even after he found out from Dumbledore that Harry wouldn't be saved in the end (or so Snape thought). Hope this helps :0)
Contributor
casstrot
0 Kudos

I was a little disappointed in the epilogue. I would have liked to know what they ended up becoming (career wise). I also wondered who Victoire was, but after reading the posts I think that she could be Bill and Fleur's daughter is the best guess so far. I also wondered what happened to a few of the other characters, especially Luna. I also wondered if Harry maybe got in contact with his relatives, made some kind of peace with them, especially Dudley and Petunia.
New User
swimsquirrel8
0 Kudos

i too would have liked to know more about their lives after
especially their careers
Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

i HATED the epilogue. i thought it was really bad and gave no actual description of what happened to anyone...beside harry, ginny, hermione, ron, draco, and neville. victiore is bill and fluer's daughter from comrehension. i really wanted more answers as to who does what and what happends to each character. oh well, though it was amazing and everything, but please, jo, more answers!!!

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
Frequent Contributor
sunny4328
0 Kudos

I was hoping for info on their careers too, but I wasn't disappointed at all in the ending. I just sobbed reading the names of Harry's kids. And yea, James's middle name has to be Sirius. I thought that when I read it. I was happy to just get the epilogue at all...... Happily ever after for them. I have a sense of peacefulness now. Unless she wrote about a character's death specifically, I just am going to assume that everyone else is happy and healthy. What a great book.... I loved every word.
~Kristy
McKinney, TX
New User
npotasiak
0 Kudos

ME!!!! I loved that he named his son ALbus Severus!
New User
npotasiak
0 Kudos

I know! I mean hugo? I thought they'd name him harry!
New User
yaowsers
0 Kudos

I wondered what happened to the Dursleys as well. I thought it was lovely how Dudley was actually a stand-up kinda guy by this book. lol...Hugo...I mean, really! But then Hermione's a bookish person and Victor Hugo's a big name in the literary world....
New User
yaowsers
0 Kudos

Wouldn't Draco have married Pansy?
New User
yaowsers
0 Kudos

omg...i didn't catch that! good call on that! i was reading it so fast just to find out what was happening that i'm sure i missed a lot...good thing i'm going to reread it again! and again!
New User
yaowsers
0 Kudos

I'm with you on that! We found out what Neville did which is terrific. Who's the new headmaster? What does the group do for a living? What happened to the joke shop? How's George without Fred? Still soooo many questions! Can't wait for the theme park though!
New User
Keana1105
0 Kudos

i loved the book but i felt the epilogue was a tad anti climactic
New User
azcats
0 Kudos

I'm actually thinking James' middle name is Fredrick. I mean, Harry married Ginny, didn't he, and there was no link to her family in their names of the boys - but then, maybe it'd be more proper to leave that name for George's kids. All I can really say is WOW - If all of the rumors that came out ahead of time told us anything real, is that there is no wonder why Jo is the billionaire and not any of them/us!
New User
LoraLynnC
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Oh my gosh. My head was spinning so fast from that book!! I love the fact about where Neville ended up, love Albus Severus, and little Lily and James. And Draco being cordial...Fantastic.

My only complaints are that I wanted to know more about Teddy, Victoire, and everyone's jobs, obviously. I really did want to know what happened to Dudley, not so much the rest of those gits though...

I quite agree, that after all the aforementioned head spinning, the epilogue was a little bit of a let down. Just a little.

Keana1105 wrote:
i loved the book but i felt the epilogue was a tad anti climactic

Question: What was Percy actually doing at King's Cross?

Message Edited by LoraLynnC on 07-22-2007 08:15 PM
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 309 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: