Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

Discuss the Epilogue

[ Edited ]
This thread is for discussion of the Epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Spoiler Warning: If you have not read the Epilogue, this thread will likely contain plot spoilers.

Message Edited by BillP on 07-21-2007 12:21 AM
Frequent Contributor
quidditchpro
0 Kudos

Re: Discuss the Epilogue

Just curious, who else loves that Harry named his second son Albus Severus?
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

quidditchpro wrote:
Just curious, who else loves that Harry named his second son Albus Severus?

I like it, but some of the fan sites went ballistic over it, lol... They all wanted to know how Harry could ever inflict that awful name on his kid...

I think they were thinking about the Muggle world, though... in the Wizarding world, the names should have greater meaning...
Frequent Contributor
amberluvsron
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Why did Ron and Hermione name their son Hugo? LOL. I laughed when I read that.

Message Edited by amberluvsron on 07-21-2007 01:39 PM
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Who is Victoire?
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
bfalcon
0 Kudos

When I read that I could not help but smile. It was actually very fitting. I could never have imagined a better ending. I was not going to be happy if Harry had died. I am so glad all those rumors were proven false. Harry finally has a happy and normal life. And a family to boot.
Author
DavidC
0 Kudos

agnijay wrote:
Who is Victoire?

Fleur's little sister. She first appears when Fleur's family arrives for the wedding.
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Nope, Gabrielle is Fleur's little sister. And she wouldn't be on the Hogwarts Express because she went to school in France (and would have been far older than school age because the Epilogue is set 19 years later).

Victoire is most likely Fleur and Bill's daughter. She would be the right age (at maximum 18, especially since James reports Teddy has come to see her off, making him finished with school at 19 or 20) and Lily notes that if Teddy marries Victoire then he would really be a member of the family since Victoire would be her cousin.

DavidC wrote:

agnijay wrote:
Who is Victoire?

Fleur's little sister. She first appears when Fleur's family arrives for the wedding.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
joce14
0 Kudos

harry and ginny had kids!!!but y would hermione ang ron name their son hugo i understand their daughter rosie but hugo!and draco nameing his son scorpius ewww lol
Jocelyn
Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
0 Kudos

With the name Albus Serverus did anyone else get the felling that the eldest was named James Sirius? :smileyhappy: Wonder what Lily's middle name is?
Contributor
annie-w
0 Kudos

I loved the names picked out and that Harry called Severus one of the bravest men he had ever known!! I just wished she had put in if Harry and Dudley had become chummy in their later years!!
BN Editor
Bill_T
0 Kudos

Nymphadora?

allenctynimrod wrote:
With the name Albus Serverus did anyone else get the felling that the eldest was named James Sirius? :smileyhappy: Wonder what Lily's middle name is?

Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
0 Kudos

I thought maybe Dora myself. I think we can certainly safely rule Delores, Bellatrix, or Cissy out though.
Author
DavidC
0 Kudos

pedsphleb wrote:
Nope, Gabrielle is Fleur's little sister. And she wouldn't be on the Hogwarts Express because she went to school in France (and would have been far older than school age because the Epilogue is set 19 years later).

Yes, I'm sorry about this. Something was nagging at me since I answered. Thank you for catching it.
Contributor
Harrypotteraholic
0 Kudos

It's Funny cuz the weasleys aren't pure-blodd any more. But who cares?! Ron Marrying hermione is cool i was giggling at that part but harry marrying ginny well guess he can make up for lost time during his six year. *grins* i loved it it was funny but htey didn't mention luna at all i wonder where she is i wonder if she married neville! *more grins* ah now ron and harry are brother in laws and hermione and ginny are sister in laws but i think like harry is rose and hugo's uncle? i dunno as for that whole muggle born commission thing its crap i mean who cares what blod you have? oh and that meeans mrs weasly is harrys mother in law so he kind of is her son now. i wonder what happened to the dursleys.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

allenctynimrod wrote:
I thought maybe Dora myself. I think we can certainly safely rule Delores, Bellatrix, or Cissy out though.

I think we can safely rule out "Petunia" as well, lol...! But we should also consider "Molly" as a possible name...
Frequent Contributor
amberluvsron
0 Kudos

Harrypotteraholic wrote:
It's Funny cuz the weasleys aren't pure-blodd any more. But who cares?! Ron Marrying hermione is cool i was giggling at that part but harry marrying ginny well guess he can make up for lost time during his six year. *grins* i loved it it was funny but htey didn't mention luna at all i wonder where she is i wonder if she married neville! *more grins* ah now ron and harry are brother in laws and hermione and ginny are sister in laws but i think like harry is rose and hugo's uncle?

I think you got everything right.
BN Editor
Bill_T
0 Kudos

Actually, Psychee, I did think of Molly first off when the question was raised. But "Lily Molly"? JKR is better with names than that!

Psychee wrote:

allenctynimrod wrote:

I think we can safely rule out "Petunia" as well, lol...! But we should also consider "Molly" as a possible name...

New User
swimsquirrel8
0 Kudos

Victoire

I was thiking Victoire was Viktor Krum's child
also i'm a little confused
JK Rowling said that by the end of the book we would know what harry's parents did for a living and what dudley saw when the dementors came at him
why weren't those things in the book??
Contributor
Draco_Malfoy_Fan21
0 Kudos

in the end all the couples are revealed but when Draco came into play it said Draco and his Wife? Who is she?
xxxFilthy little Mudblood!xxx
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 668 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: