Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

Welcome!

Welcome to the Reading Deathly Hallows Book Club. Please use this thread to say hi and introduce yourself to the community.

Though this Welcome thread is not for discussion of the book, we are curious -- will you read the whole thing first and then come here, or will you post thoughts as you read? And just how excited are you?
Contributor
jen04
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome!

I will definately read the whole book first then post. As to how excited I am...it almost can't be expressed!!! Have fun eveyone...Talk to you Sunday!

Jen
Frequent Contributor
lrdieter
0 Kudos

Probably the same for me! I plan to read through the night so long as I can get my hands on a book the night before. I did that with six and I kept telling myself it's four in the morning, one more chapter. I think I took a nap and ate and that was it I read for like eighteen hours straight. I don't think I will be able to stop but I'm going to try to pace myself this time. I don't want it to be over so fast becuase this is the end!(tear)(sniff)
The end is almost here.... Long Live Harry and the Gang!!!
New User
Drebe73
0 Kudos

I definitely plan to take my time reading the final Harry installment. In my opinion, the Potter books are complex works of art with chapters that deserve to be savored and contemplated. I much prefer to read a few chapters at a time before bed in peace and quiet.
Frequent Contributor
hihi
0 Kudos

I will probably read and post. I will not look at other threads though. I just hope that it ends well, and I like it.
Frequent Contributor
iheartbooks
0 Kudos

i dont like the sound of that spoiler book club. knowing myself ill be simply searching through all the posts not even knowing that im in the spoiler thread and discover something that will completely ruin the ending for me!!! something similiar happened to me for the order of the phoenix. well actually it was just a REALLY annoying girl in my school who just had to scream out that a certain someone (dont want to be like her) dies. damnnnnnn herrr!
your heart is my pinata
BN Editor
LitEditor
0 Kudos

Don't worry, iheartbooks -- the whole point of the "spoiler" book club is that there is one place in which the presumption is that everyone's read all of the book. If you haven't finished it yet, you can just avoid that board.

iheartbooks wrote:
i dont like the sound of that spoiler book club. knowing myself ill be simply searching through all the posts not even knowing that im in the spoiler thread and discover something that will completely ruin the ending for me!!! something similiar happened to me for the order of the phoenix. well actually it was just a REALLY annoying girl in my school who just had to scream out that a certain someone (dont want to be like her) dies. damnnnnnn herrr!

See the latest news about book clubs in the Book Clubs Blog.
B&N Bookseller
Thomas_T
0 Kudos

Hello my name is Thomas and Im an alcho... oh wait wrong place....

Call me ShadowCougar. I accually work at a B&N, and I will probably wait to check out this board cause I won't be getting my book till I get to work sat. morn.
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds Serenity
" To die will be an awfully big adventure." Peter Pan
Proud Cupcake Eater in service to the Dark Countess
"Live with Honor, act with Integrity, No Regrets"
Frequent Contributor
diane1224
0 Kudos

Hi this is DianePeeves!!!! hoping to make the day more exciting, throw some dungbombs and stink pellets!!! I just have to beware of the bloody baron!!! hehehehe!!! LOL:smileytongue:
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the new board!

I'll be helping B&N moderate this board as I do the other Harry Potter boards. I'll be reading the book probably in one straight go throughout the night. [Zzzzzz.] I'm not a fast reader, though, so I'll try to read quickly to keep up with all of you!

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Fawkes
0 Kudos

Hi just registered. Friday I'll be on line at my local bookshop, I plan to read all night until I finished the book, and then I know I'll have to read it again because it'll be to much to take all at once. Anyway talk to you on Sunday.;0)
P.S. the thought this is the last book... it brings me to tears.
Frequent Contributor
BnBookworm
0 Kudos

Hi!
I will read until 12:30 in the morning, and then after I wake up I will read, then eat/read then I will finish by lunch probably, then post.
Ninety percent of who you are is invisible
Imagination...is a form of seeing
Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
0 Kudos

ConnieK wrote:

I'll be helping B&N moderate this board as I do the other Harry Potter boards. I'll be reading the book probably in one straight go throughout the night. [Zzzzzz.] I'm not a fast reader, though, so I'll try to read quickly to keep up with all of you!

~ConnieK

Connie, is there a way you guys can audit the posts before they are actually posted. I would like to follow along chapter by chapter as I read them but I'm sure some joker will try to slip in spoilers in spite of precautions.

I'm not a fast reader either and I figure it will take around 25 hours to read through the whole book. I sure can't do that non-stop nor do I want to. This is just too good a series to rush it. It would be fun to discuss the mystery as it unfolds on this forum. I just don't want anything ruined by knowing what is coming up.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi, Nadine--I know what you mean about fearing spoilers but also wanting to spread out the reading experience over at least a little bit of time and maybe discuss a little as you go. Unfortunately, there is no feature available here that allows us to "preview" messages, as it were, before they get posted. Any reader does take a risk going on the Internet in any public forum and seeing something he/she might not want to see. We can't guarantee, in other words, but this board will be monitored by several people to try to catch and remove that kind of material.

~ConnieK, 3 days

Nadine wrote:

ConnieK wrote:

~ConnieK

Connie, is there a way you guys can audit the posts before they are actually posted. I would like to follow along chapter by chapter as I read them but I'm sure some joker will try to slip in spoilers in spite of precautions.

I'm not a fast reader either and I figure it will take around 25 hours to read through the whole book. I sure can't do that non-stop nor do I want to. This is just too good a series to rush it. It would be fun to discuss the mystery as it unfolds on this forum. I just don't want anything ruined by knowing what is coming up.

Message Edited by ConnieK on 07-18-2007 02:16 PM
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
HPFANATTIC25
0 Kudos

hi everyone.. not much longer.. and I'm sure it will be worth the wait-as usual. I'll probably be reading it through a couple of times before going on the internet. We'll see though, I may have to take some time to grieve depending on the out come.
Frequent Contributor
Madelia
0 Kudos

I know how you feel... I was telling my mom yesterday to expect me locked up in my room this weekend and that I might refuse to get up for work Monday morning (depending on how depressed I am, haha.)

Sent a letter in the mail in braille to Johnny Quest
Send me back my Etch-a-Sketch!
Frequent Contributor
scamp5
0 Kudos

I'm debating whether to pace myself or not. I want to know what happens first, but I don't want it to be over! I bet a ton of people feel that way!
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

I'm beginning to think the let-down feeling fans will have is going to be bigger than many of them think. The series has been so popular for so long and a part of popular culture for so long. There will be the movies and the theme park, of course, but it's going to be very different.

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
nandkhanna
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am very excited about the new book. I am looking forward to reading and sharing with all of you. I think I will post chapter by chapter. My hubby won't be happy if I read all night.
Contributor
Lectura_Bard
0 Kudos

Well, I am excited about this book but, I do have other books on stand by to finish. So, it will be some time before I finish this one. I also I want this book to linger a little longer so I am not done with the Potter world so quickly. I will eventually read books 1-6; again after 7. I'll be back here or on another forum discussing this book for a very long time and all 7 books. Happy reading all.
Users Online
Currently online: 67 members 598 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: