Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Svguy13
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome!

hey every one iv been reading the series from the begging i love them i have the books delived express to my house every time it awsome
Frequent Contributor
ravensilverlight
0 Kudos

I am certainly going to finish the book before posting at all...and then I will wind up posting chapter by chapter as I read it again. My husband is dyslexic, so when the first book came out, I read it aloud to him, so he could enjoy it fully without being frustrated, and now it's kind of our tradition. Of course, I can't wait to find out what happens in the books, so I wind up reading to myself long after my voice gives out. Its SOO hard to not spoil it for him! You should have seen me keeping the secret of DD's death in HBP! I nearly couldn't do it! So I myself will read it all before coming back on the boards (sorry but I know I won't be able to put the book down long enough to type!) and then I will be discussing chapter by chapter as I read to him! It's nearly time!!! :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

Hello! It's hard to believe that in less than 27 hours, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be in our hands. I have been extremely excited about it, and I still am, but I was almost in tears when I read an article that brought to my attention that this is the last Harry Potter book. I mean, I've known that all along, but it never felt real until now. I could cry, because I've grown up with Harry, and now it's almost over! Thankfully, we can always reread. I have a feeling I will definitely be revisiting Harry throughout the rest of my life. I'll definitely be posting a lot on this board, but it will probably not be until I have read the entire book, simply because I'll be too caught up in it to stop and post while in the process of reading. Talk to you all soon!
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
Frequent Contributor
joce14
0 Kudos

hey pplz my name is jocelyn or joce im kind of like a girl version of ron but i like luna better.im obiously not going to stop reading the 7th book until im done with it.
Jocelyn
Frequent Contributor
quidditchpro
0 Kudos

Not sure what I'm going to do, just can't wait to read it and compare thoughts with others.
Contributor
stmungos
0 Kudos

St Mungos checkin in!

I will read the book and then be back to post.....can't hardly wait!
If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. -Sirius Black
Frequent Contributor
Tonks07
0 Kudos

Well i plan on reading as much as i can at once however if i must nap between chapters i will. I can read fast-like but not all the info might stick lol.
Oh course as much as i want to keep the suspence going i have been known to read the last few pages of a book and then start it o_O same with movies sometimes *hides*
Someone keep a light on at st. mungo's if i do hehe

But i do promise not to spoil it for anyone else even though some have already tried to spoil it for me.

Happy Reading! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Contributor
WIJen
0 Kudos

Just wanted to say Hi! I'm Jen in WI and I am both very excited and very apprehensive/sad! I will certainly be attending the Midnight Magic Party at our B & N here in Appleton, and am looking forward to it!

I plan to start reading after I get the book tonight and read until my body forces me to sleep and then continue reading upon waking saturday. I do have to take a break and work a few hours but that will help slow me down so I don't go too fast and miss anything.

I'm hoping for the best of course as far as Harry's fate is concerned, but I do kind of understand what she's talking about as far as no allowing anyone else to pick it up and continue it. It wouldn't be the same if she (J.K.R.) wasn't writing it. I do hope that perhaps in the future her publishers make her an offer she can't refuse and she picks it up again, perhaps with a new set of characters or something. It's just a shame to think of the magic being over, although, I can't wait for that theme park!

I don't have a computer at home, so I won't post again until monday, and I don't think I'll be done then, but I like this chapter by chapter set up, so that will be fun.

Anyway, Happy Reading to all and we'll talk again while we "find out everything" as Jo claims.

Jen in WI
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Pleased to see so many of you checking in! Remember that when you do finish the book and want to talk about it ALL, we have a separate board for that which will be called "The Ministry of Spoilers." That's after midnight, of course! This one's for steady, chapter by chapter, reading and commenting for those who would like to do so in an environment where spoilers from later chapters of the book will be monitored.

~ConnieK, 10.5 hours (East Coast)
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
jmljasmine
0 Kudos

Hello all! I'm not going to get my book until tomorrow... I originally had plans to go to a release party tonight but everyone who was suppose to go with me cancelled so I'm stuck here. I'll be watching the NY party online since I doubt I'd have much fun going to a party alone then I'll pick up the book I reserved tomorrow morning and read it slowly. I don't really get a choice. I'd love to read it fast and get into big discussions quickly but I have a med. school exam on Monday so I have to study.
I am very glad this Book Club is posted. I can do some discussion right away instead of waiting until I'm done when everyone else will probably be tired of it.
New User
lostdevil1929
0 Kudos

I am sooo excited about this release i am 22 and i cant ever Remember being so excited to read a book. I am going to get my book tonight... I really want to read it slowly but i know me to well i will come home and read till i am about to pass out... i will be checking in whileing i am reading.... Well i hope to.
Anyone in las vegas in the club....
New User
sbugarin
0 Kudos

Hello, I am a mom first with a 4 and 8 year old, so I have to find time to read when I can. I love the books and if I were younger I know I would just keep reading the book. I will post chapter by chapter because I also want to make it last, this is the only series I have read for pleasure since I was a kid. I can't wait to get started.
Contributor
widget11
0 Kudos

I'm Sarah and I'm going to be getting my book later tonight at my B&N's Midnight Magic Party... I've number 237... so I uess I'll get my book about 15-30 minutes after 12:01.

I'm planning on reading when I get the book (mom will have to steer me out of the store while my nose is in the book) and then reading until I am not taking in any of the details... Then, I'll read the rest when I wake up Saturday.
Contributor
Spellbound
0 Kudos

Can't wait!

We are making this a Potter night. We are doing dinner out, picking up our number at 6 for the book, running off to see OOTP and then back for the last of the party and waiting in line with the rest of you. Long night-should have planned a nap in there somewhere......
New User
krechergirl
0 Kudos

Ten years of anticipation has finally boiled down to 9 1/...

Ten years of anticipation has finally boiled down to 9 1/2 hours. I can't wait to set out on this one last adventure but before we do I want to wish Harry, Ron, Hermoine and all of their faithful friends, us the readers, good luck. No matter how it ends, this series and the friends I have made within the books will always hold a special place in my heart. I can only hope that the generations after us enjoy the stories as much as we have.

Let the journey begin! :smileyhappy:
Contributor
KaylaK1986
0 Kudos

I have to say that I am extremely excited! I preordered my copy online months ago. A couple of days ago I got the email that my order was packed and ready to leave the warehouse, and I almost cried I was so excited. I am going to try and not read it too quickly. I did that with the 6th book and I didn't remember anything about it! So I am going to try to read it at a leisurely pace and enjoy it as much as I can. That way, I can prolong the inevitable sadness when I finish.

Kayla
Topeka, KS
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm dying to read this book, even though I know that finishing it will make me very sad.
These are the books that made me enjoy reading in the first place! And I can't start reading mine until possibly 10:00 AM tomorrow! I won't even be able to go online and discuss, because it would spoil the books for me! NOOOOO!!!
I can't wait, but I have to. I'm going to stay up and watch the webcast, so that I'll wake up only a few hours before I leave for B&N. I'm trying to reduce the amount of waiting. ARGH!
I'm probably going to make one post after reading each chapter, so that I can look later and see what everyone, including myself, thought was going to happen. Then, off to the Ministry!

A happy night to you all, and a happy read!

Message Edited by RiftDoggy on 07-20-2007 06:08 PM
New User
dancingpetals
0 Kudos

BillP wrote:
Welcome to the Reading Deathly Hallows Book Club. Please use this thread to say hi and introduce yourself to the community.

Though this Welcome thread is not for discussion of the book, we are curious -- will you read the whole thing first and then come here, or will you post thoughts as you read? And just how excited are you?

Hi. I'm psyched. I ordered the book online so I won't be abe to get my copy until tomorrow.:smileysad: I might post as I go along if I can put the book down... :smileyhappy:
New User
Little_Maze
0 Kudos

Hi!!!
I can't wait to get my book. I will post as I read! I cant wait!!!!
Frequent Contributor
Svguy13
0 Kudos

ugh i cany contaon my self only 2 hrs until the book is relesed omg give me the book now i cant w8 ugh plz somone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 688 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: