Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
npotasiak
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome!

OH MY GOSH!!! I cannot wait! I pre ordered it on this website so i will get it sometime tommarow.....CAN"T WAIT!!!! :smileyhappy: *Smile face puts on wizard hat!*
New User
cask
0 Kudos

I am so happy that you have this MB set up. My husband has sworn me to secrecy as I read until he has had time to finish (in WEEKS!). I am so happy that I will have a place to discuss!
New User
ghostbuster
0 Kudos

What I am concerned about is how the admin of this board will know which is and which is not a spoiler per chapter thread. In order to know for sure he would have had to read the book but to know everything that happens from beginning to the end he most definitely would have had to read the book by now which is in violation of some sort of trade agreement out there since legally, the books were only to be read by ANYONE friday july 21st at 12:00am.
New User
jms79
0 Kudos

Hi I joined when the sixth book came out. I was so excited. I went to the harry potter party tonight at barnes and noble it was my first time going. I thought since its the last book I should see what the parties are about. I met lots of people and spoke to them about different things from the books. I had a lot of fun. I think I will read and post if I have something to say that is. I have a lot to do for the next few weeks so not sure if I will be able to read the whole book so soon. If I do get to read the book in a fast manner then I would reread it when I have more time being that I am a college student and I have my first test on Wednesday its should i read microbio or read harry potter :smileyhappy: I hope this book will satisfy many and I hope we all enjoy reading it. This was a great series and made people read.
Frequent Contributor
Kimberlh
0 Kudos

I am not going to to time to read this for at least a week. Just to much going on and I also want to read it when I am really enjoy it and not rush. Does anyone know of any web sites I can find a quick "how it ends" article? YES! - I want spoilers, I can't wait a few more weeks till to find the ending and I am not find anything trust worth when I search google.

thanks, i just need a quick fix ending to hold me over :smileyhappy:
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi Kimberlh,

Have you clicked into our "Ministry of Spoilers" board? A couple of posters are already taking part--and of course, you can click through the commments by chapter here!

Rachel
New User
felelith
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am Sarah, I cannot wait for my book to get here. I ordered my copy back in Febuaray online. And got the email saying it was shipped days ago. I know it is in the same town as me because I have tracked the UPS shipping code. But now I am a little worried because my husband just mentioned that he didn't thing that UPS worked on Saturdays. I hope they are making the expetion for this since I ordered so long ago and well I cannot see BN using a company that wouldn't deliever today. Oh well guess I will just have to wait til see and I guess I could always finish studying for my finals next week
Contributor
SingPraise
0 Kudos

Hello

Hi! I'm currently sitting here typing about Harry Potter, seeing that it is the only thing to supress my excitement until the mailman comes with my preordered book. I tried to convince my parents to let me go to Barnes and Noble at midnight, but neither of them could stay up that late. I will probably be posting as I read.
Contributor
HarryPotter115
0 Kudos

Well I just bought my book last night. I'm going to read it all day today.
New User
MadMonk
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone. I'm Steve ... or MadMonk, whichever you prefer. I'm pretty excited about this book, I just picked it up myself but I feel like a late-comer already. It's 10am here and I'm sure some of you have had the book since midnight! I know a few personally.

I'm probably going to be posting as I read through the book, more or less. Not each chapter at a time, but when I can get to the computer after work. I typically have a lot of down time at work where i can get some reading done. I'm hoping to get the book done in a few days.

Well ... we will see.

Enjoy all!
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Good morning, Steve!

You know, those of us running out to the stores or waiting for UPS this morning will have a chance to catch up--those midnight madness folks have to sleep sometime!

Rachel
Frequent Contributor
LiveUrLife
0 Kudos

I'm gonna post as I read the book. It will be interesting to see what other people thought of the chapter. I'm very excited about the book!
Frequent Contributor
FantasyFan
0 Kudos

I can hardly stand it!!!! I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I am on the westcoast and am waiting for my store to open at 9:00. I am so thankful for this book club because I have nobody to get excited or share my feelings with. I think if I mention Harry Potter one more time my boyfriend is going to leave me or have me committed to a hospital ward. So I think I will go start my coffee and sugar high and get the tissue ready. Thank you Barnes and Noble for making me feel like a part of a group.
New User
jim32809
0 Kudos

I certainly didn't plan it this way, but I started reading immediately after I got home from buying the book. I was out of the store at 12:10 and home and reading by 12:25. At 10:40 I read the last page. I couldn't put the book down. I had a couple moments where my eyelids got heavy, but I couldn't let myself fall asleep.

Wow, what a rollercoaster!
New User
firegazer
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone! The day has finally arrived! I would love to lock myself away with the book and not come out until finished but I am a librarian and have to work all weekend helping others to check out a copy of the book from our library. But I will be reading on my breaks and at lunch and of course when I get off from work. Hopefully, I can finish the book before the weekend is over so that patrons at the library won't spoil it for me! I am so glad to participate in this book discussion. Harry and his world have been a big part of mine and my children's world for so long. We are all sad to see it end. But we are trying to be brave! Happy reading, everyone!
Frequent Contributor
LiveUrLife
0 Kudos

I'm reading the book right now. I went and bought it this morning so that I wouldn't be too tired to read it today. I'm gonna spend all day reading!
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just putting in my hello, I have lurking outside the door until I got the book. Now that I have started to read I'm ready to come in and take my seat. Though I won't post on any other threads till I finish that chapter.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
New User
Cherubcrnp
0 Kudos

I will take my time reading this last installment. I have loved Harry and the Gang since day #1. The books are so full of complexities, ethical dilimenias that I don't want to miss one. I can't wait to start reading it tonight when I get home from work.
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

BillP wrote:
Welcome to the Reading Deathly Hallows Book Club. Please use this thread to say hi and introduce yourself to the community.

Though this Welcome thread is not for discussion of the book, we are curious -- will you read the whole thing first and then come here, or will you post thoughts as you read? And just how excited are you?

I just want to say Whoo hoo! It's here. And then again oh no, this is it. I am really excited to have in my hand the book, that will hopefully answer many questions. I will read it slowly so that I can enjoy it, and savour every chapter. It will be sad to see it end. I also thank you guys for allowing us to discuss as we read along. I will be coming in to discuss chapters and ideas as I read. It is great to be able to do that. Happy Reading everyone. Boo hoo!! :smileysad:
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
New User
drseals
0 Kudos

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and am excited beyond measure that the last one is finally here! I will try to post notes as I read, though I may get behind since I can't put the book down! See you soon!
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 426 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: