Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Rosebear
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome!

I'm 3 hours and 160 pages in so far....
I'm not even sure which chapter number I'm at so far, but it's more than 3.
No commentary, just saying "Hi!" and taking a munch break...drawing out any suspense as long as I can...because it will all be over too soon anyway.
Frequent Contributor
Tonks07
0 Kudos

I notice i have been savoring it , reading slower and letting the imigary fully develople as i go along. The midnight party last night was nuts! I grabed my copy and flee right out the door... after paying of course lol :smileyhappy:
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

You're very welcome, FantasyFan! The Internet can be terrific for just the reason you name. Hope you enjoy the book!

~ConnieK

FantasyFan wrote:
I can hardly stand it!!!! I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I am on the westcoast and am waiting for my store to open at 9:00. I am so thankful for this book club because I have nobody to get excited or share my feelings with. I think if I mention Harry Potter one more time my boyfriend is going to leave me or have me committed to a hospital ward. So I think I will go start my coffee and sugar high and get the tissue ready. Thank you Barnes and Noble for making me feel like a part of a group.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Hello, all!

I'm back on the boards after my long fast, slow read. I'm a slow reader, even when trying to read fast! I'll be catching up with discussion this morning. Take all the time you need on this board, going chapter by chapter. That's what this board is about.

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
The-Red-King
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I new to the Book clubs, and am very excited about the new HP book. I will write what I think as I am reading. I will be getting my copy today at 4:00 cental. Altough as exicted I am. I am sad that this will be the last.
New User
The-Red-King
0 Kudos

oh and by the way, the name's Gio.
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi Gio,

Welcome to the group. I think many of us feel conflicted about it! Hope you enjoy the discussions and the reading--

Rachel
Contributor
stellaa37
0 Kudos

Hello all you HP Fans, I am also a Big Fan I finished Deathly Hallows in the wee hours this morning, I just couldn't put it Down. I hope to make friends with all of you and share our theories or emotions and our favorite hp. Well I guess i better move to next post Chapter 1.
Stella
"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution."
-Professor Dumbledore
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome to the HP Book Clubs, stellaa37! We hope you enjoy your time with us. Feel free to jump right in!

~ConnieK

stellaa37 wrote:
Hello all you HP Fans, I am also a Big Fan I finished Deathly Hallows in the wee hours this morning, I just couldn't put it Down. I hope to make friends with all of you and share our theories or emotions and our favorite hp. Well I guess i better move to next post Chapter 1.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

Re: Discuss the First Chapter

Hi! I just got my copy of Deathly Hallows, almost 42 hours after it came out. I've been in agony since Friday evening. I just read the first chapter, and this will probably be the only time I post until I've finished it; I'm just popping in quickly, and I know I won't be able to stop reading. Unfortunately, I'm working at a camp from 8-3 for the next week. :smileysad: I'm bringing HP with me and reading at lunch and snack breaks, and I'll read first thing in the morning and for the rest of the day after I get home.
Anyhow, I still haven't decided if Snape is good or evil. I have plenty of evidence to support either side, but I haven't made up my mind. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...
I know probably half the world has finished the book already, so I'll be behind in the conversations, especially because I like to read slowly. If you haven't finished it yet, happy reading!
Talk to you all soon!!!!!!!
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Everyone! My name is Donna, and I have finished the book. I didn't want to come up until it was done because I didn't want to chance onto any spoilers or clues. It has been an exciting time - waiting for the book, reading the book - and now I look forward to discussing it!
DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
Aphrael27
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Denise and I finished the book on Saturday. I will be re-reading it again with you guys, just because there is way too much stuff in there to absorb in one reading! But overall, WOW!! Could not put it down, even though I said to myself that I would try to savor it as much as possible.

Happy reading!
Frequent Contributor
bentley
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I finally picked up my pre order book and started reading this weekend. Will check in soon..now back to HP.

Regards,

Bentley
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Hi, Donna, and Welcome! I'd like to point you to our other HP board, which is where you can discuss the book in its entirety. This board is mainly for those still reading. Our other board is called the "Ministry of Spoilers." You can post there about anything and everything from the entire series and book 7. Here, it's kind of like a hushed reading room to some extent, where we are trying to be careful not to give away things from Chapter 10, for example, in the Chapter 9 thread. You may enjoy the "Ministry" club, where discussion is more wild and free, so to speak, since you're done with the book.

~ConnieK

DSaff wrote:
Hi, Everyone! My name is Donna, and I have finished the book. I didn't want to come up until it was done because I didn't want to chance onto any spoilers or clues. It has been an exciting time - waiting for the book, reading the book - and now I look forward to discussing it!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Denise! This is a nice board to re-read the series with others. Since you're finished reading the book, though, please be careful about not posting spoilers (easy enough for any of us to do) about later chapters into threads on the earlier chapters. EnJOY!

~ConnieK

Aphrael27 wrote:
Hello everyone! My name is Denise and I finished the book on Saturday. I will be re-reading it again with you guys, just because there is way too much stuff in there to absorb in one reading! But overall, WOW!! Could not put it down, even though I said to myself that I would try to savor it as much as possible.

Happy reading!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
firebear369
0 Kudos

Hello fellow fans!!

I have read the book already, so I guess that answers the question right there. Don't worry, no spoiling here!! I look forward to reading what everyone thinks about this fine work.
...soon we must choose between what is right and what is easy....
New User
Simonelou627
0 Kudos

Hi,My Name is Simone not simon I AM A GIRL!!!!!
I luv Harry Potter!!! I think that i'm like Harry but a girl. But i like heromine alot the whole series is my idole!!! I can't wait to finish the 7th book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frequent Contributor
eve05
0 Kudos

ConnieK wrote:
Hello, all!

I'm back on the boards after my long fast, slow read. I'm a slow reader, even when trying to read fast! I'll be catching up with discussion this morning. Take all the time you need on this board, going chapter by chapter. That's what this board is about.

~ConnieK

I'm a slow reader also, I'm glad I'm not alone. I want to savor and understand what is happening and test my theories as I read along.
I read the first six chapters and then started again from the beginning!
There is so much happening in all those little details Jo throws in. This is the last book and I want to let the enjoyment of reading a chapter for the first time only after I've drained as much as I can from what I've read in the previous chapters. Does that make sense to you all? Or am I being a bit of a nutter?
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Makes total sense, eve!

~ConnieK

eve05 wrote, in part:
Does that make sense to you all? Or am I being a bit of a nutter?

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Harrypotterbookfan
0 Kudos

BillP wrote:
Welcome to the Reading Deathly Hallows Book Club. Please use this thread to say hi and introduce yourself to the community.

Though this Welcome thread is not for discussion of the book, we are curious -- will you read the whole thing first and then come here, or will you post thoughts as you read? And just how excited are you?

I bought the book Saturday afternoon, and I cannot wait to start reading it tonight! I hope that everyone enjoys themselves while reading the last installment of the book. I wish that the author will continue writing and maybe start an adult series of Harry Potter!
Users Online
Currently online: 26 members 622 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: