Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
HarryIsMyHomeboy
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome!

Psychee wrote:

HarryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Just a quick question - what happened to the discussions of chapters 33-36?

I think those threads must have apparated somewhere... lol... :smileyhappy:

lol :smileyhappy:

*rummages around for Deluminator...*

:smileywink:
Psychee
0 Kudos

HarryIsMyHomeboy wrote:

Psychee wrote:

HarryIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Just a quick question - what happened to the discussions of chapters 33-36?

I think those threads must have apparated somewhere... lol... :smileyhappy:

lol :smileyhappy:

*rummages around for Deluminator...*

:smileywink:

Now Chapter 31 has apparated away... have you found that Deluminator yet? :smileyhappy:
tee
New User
tee
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Tee. And I am a avid reader. I read mostly romance novels but I do wander off my usual books for Harry Potter books.
I started reading all the time since I was in Middle school. I haven't stopped since. I do on occassion read books that are suggested to me by friends and family.
I hope everyone enjoys reading as much as I do and good luck on reading your Harry Potter book.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Tee! We hope you enjoy reading the novel as well.

~ConnieK

tee wrote:
Hi, My name is Tee. And I am a avid reader. I read mostly romance novels but I do wander off my usual books for Harry Potter books.
I started reading all the time since I was in Middle school. I haven't stopped since. I do on occassion read books that are suggested to me by friends and family.
I hope everyone enjoys reading as much as I do and good luck on reading your Harry Potter book.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
Glassslipper
0 Kudos

tee wrote:

Hi Tee,

I too enjoy Romance novels. Try the Skye O'Malley series by Bertrice Small. But if you want a little less romance and a little more of bringing you into a completely different world - try the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon - I am hooked and the series is not complete yet - so you have the same excitement that we had waiting for the Harry Potter books to come out each time. Hope this is helpful!
Avid Book reader
Contributor
marla16
0 Kudos

I got my book the day it came out. Read the book, look online today and saw this. I'm re-reading the book again.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, marla16! This board provides a nice place to discuss the book more slowly and methodically, chapter by chapter--and a nice place to discuss a re-read, too! Since you've already finished, though, just be careful not to post any information from a future chapter in threads for earlier chapters. Enjoy!

~ConnieK

marla16 wrote:
I got my book the day it came out. Read the book, look online today and saw this. I'm re-reading the book again.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
TIJA
0 Kudos

I am starting the book 2night. I will read & post.
One Love.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, TIJA!

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
shaycv
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! I am so happy to have found this Book Club! This is exciting and it is great to be here!
~*~Shannon~*~
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, Shannon!

Enjoy!

~ConnieK

shaycv wrote:
Hello everyone! I am so happy to have found this Book Club! This is exciting and it is great to be here!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
geneva
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone. I am a reader of this series from the 1st one. It's nice to have found a place to talk about Harry Potter!
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, geneva! There is another forum for Harry as well here at bn.com--it's called the "Harry Potter Book Club." There, you can discuss anything about the series, movies, or phenomenon in any order without worryinga about spoiling any of the books for newer readers.

Enjoy!

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
Dr_Robert_R_Scarpin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Dr. Robert R. Scarpin -- I was directed to a sister thread through a Google search on "novel themes bigotry" and was pleasantly surprised to find it #1, because my search was for information I could use on my site Dr. Robert R Scarpin's SCARPnotes. It actually is a "Harry Potter" literary site devoted to the books (as opposed to movie, fan fiction etc.)

Anyone who desires is welcome to Peruse the "Hallows" section for information on "Themes, Motifs, Symbolism, Literary Devices and Foreshadowing." It is fairly complete and has taken a fair amount of work; but, is nowhere close to being finished. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Additionally, I've noticed that whenever any thread on a Harry Potter topic is started, anywhere, it quickly splinters into discussions (if not ranting's) on censorship, book burnings and the like. My assessment of that, is that most parents are very concerned about the book's effect on their children; but, may be at a loss for how to handle it. That's why I've recently added: "A PARENT'S GUIDE" section to the chapter summary annotations. So, while reading each chapter summary, a "surfer" can view annotations in either the: "literary," "Hero's Journey," or "Parent's Guide" flavor.

Oh, I've already read the book in its entirety- as you will be able to see from the website.

Message Edited by Dr_Robert_R_Scarpin on 08-30-2007 10:14 PM
Dr. Robert R Scarpin
Dr Scarpin's SCARPnotes
Contributor
bree
0 Kudos

is my heart ur pinata?
How far did all of ya'll get in HP? I finished like 2 weeks after i got it!! That's soooooo........... amaizing! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol!
Thanks, Bree
New User
ladiixox
0 Kudos

Hi Im Noury and I'm Going to start reading this book now chapter by chapter and past w/e i have to say.. lol i love book clubs for some reason but i love harry potter books *sob* too bad this is the end
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, ladiixox/Noury!

~ConnieK

ladiixox wrote:
Hi Im Noury and I'm Going to start reading this book now chapter by chapter and past w/e i have to say.. lol i love book clubs for some reason but i love harry potter books *sob* too bad this is the end

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 687 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: