Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
gotjack28
0 Kudos

Deepak Chopra

Hello all!

I am new to these boards but am currently interested in reading a book by Deepak Chopra. Can anyone recommend a good book for a newbie??

Thanks in advance!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Deepak Chopra

gotjack28 -- if you like Chropra,  I suggest you snoop around some of the threads on this board.  There are several lists of books that have been meaningful or just of interest to a number of people for a variety of reasons.   I suspect that you will find one or more that would appeal as an upcoming read for yourself.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Contributor
gotjack28
0 Kudos

Thanks! I was browsing my local stores selection and although they all seemed to be an interesting read I didn't want to start with something 'heavy' and turn myself off. 

Inspired Correspondent
Flowering
0 Kudos

I would suggest Eckhart Tolle. :smileyhappy:

New User
NYMarko
0 Kudos
New User
NYMarko
0 Kudos

a new stress reducing program for the iPhone called Stress Free; you can see it in the app store or at www.DeepakChopraMobile.com

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

NYMarko -- welcome!  It is always great to see new users, especially ones who post!

You might like to know that you can edit your own entries for about 90 minutes after you post.  To do that, use the drop down choice "Edit Reply" in the options box at the upper right corner of your post.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

I hav enever read one of his books, but have read of him and his ideas for years.  I am favorably impressed so I probably should bite the bullet and download an ebook!  I was most impressed by his reported interaction with Michael Jackson - refused to prescribe mood altering meds, but offered to walk with him on his journey.  I thought that was an ethical stance in a context where so many others make other devastating choices.