Contributor
Shirley_Holmes
0 Kudos

Do You Believe in Magic?

What is magic? How do you personally define magic? Is it all wands and robes? Is it worshipping nature? Is it the little sense of deja vu we are all subject to? Is it even something so simple as the warm fuzzy feeling you feel when someone compliments you or tell you they love you?

For me, magic is in everything and everyone. It's in every element I see, touch, feel, taste. It's in every full moon and new moon alike. It's in every walk I take through a new place. It's in every prayer or good thought  I say. It's in every song I sing. It's in any physical contact I have with that special someone. It's in all of my friends when I see them walk into a room. It's in every giggle a baby makes. It's in every book I open. It's in every one of my conversations with my friends. It's in every movie, play, or song that makes me feel something. It's in every dream I have. It's in every person's smile. It's everywhere that's home. It's anywhere that makes me feel safe and content. Not just content, but happy. So happy I feel my soul soaring.
I have always believed in magic, but it's taken me until this long to finally pin down what magic is to me. It's different for everyone. But it leaves the same effect on everyone.
What is magic to you?
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Do You Believe in Magic?

Shirley_Holmes wrote:

What is magic? How do you personally define magic? Is it all wands and robes? Is it worshipping nature? Is it the little sense of deja vu we are all subject to? Is it even something so simple as the warm fuzzy feeling you feel when someone compliments you or tell you they love you?

For me, magic is in everything and everyone. It's in every element I see, touch, feel, taste. It's in every full moon and new moon alike. It's in every walk I take through a new place. It's in every prayer or good thought  I say. It's in every song I sing. It's in any physical contact I have with that special someone. It's in all of my friends when I see them walk into a room. It's in every giggle a baby makes. It's in every book I open. It's in every one of my conversations with my friends. It's in every movie, play, or song that makes me feel something. It's in every dream I have. It's in every person's smile. It's everywhere that's home. It's anywhere that makes me feel safe and content. Not just content, but happy. So happy I feel my soul soaring.
I have always believed in magic, but it's taken me until this long to finally pin down what magic is to me. It's different for everyone. But it leaves the same effect on everyone.
What is magic to you?

Shirley -- I can relate  to what you say about magic, but I would hardly call what you have done "pinning it down."

It seems to me that you have more suffused much of what is wonderful about life with the label of magical.  And that is rather neat, rather than making "magic" an issue about the existence or non-existence of the supernatural.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Do You Believe in Magic?

Does something feel more than normal? Than for me it's magic.  But hey lay it all out and I could convince even a diehard C that a prayer is just one form of a spell, so...