Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
IMPERIUM
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself!

I am Norman Lowell.

Born on the Sacred Island of Melita : Malta.

With a pre-history of thousands of years and boasting of the first, free standing buildings known to man.

I descend from a mixture of Anglo Saxons and Venetians.

A fortuitous combination that gives strength and creativity.

It is my destiny to launch Imperium Europa in 2012.

A planetary Imperium girdling the globe.

Two White rings North and South of the equator.

An Imperium uniting all Europids: Anglo Saxons, Teutons, Slavs and Latins.

My Book : Imperium Europa: The Book that Changed the World

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Imperium-Europa/Norman-Lowell/e/9781615396016/?itm=1&usri=I

Enjoy!

Book launch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pzofW9DuI

Contributor
Kreggory
0 Kudos

Please permit me to introduce myself.  My name is Kreggory and I seem to be the only Calvinist on the board.  I grew up Southern Baptist with a SB preacher uncle on each side of the family.  Call myself a Calvinist now because of the Southern Baptist "dilution" of their core beliefs and several doctrinal directions.  As noted on my essentials list, The Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin is my introduction to the Bible and belief.  I also highly recommend the introduction to Martin Luther's Commentary on the book of Romans as an introduction to Christianity.  And last but not least any and everyone interested in the Christian religion, the Gospel defined, and a simple and concise explanation of salvation and the way to God should read Charles Spurgeon's All of Grace.  I am not the stereotypical Southern Baptist/Calvinist that is judgemental, close minded, and usually hypocritical toward other beliefs.

Remember we are all searching (or not) for God and as a Calvinist I must say, "He will find you or maybe He will not".  Read and study and read and study if your heart guides you to such.

Frequent Contributor
ilovebooksOH
0 Kudos

im new to this sit i was brent up methodist i dont go to any chuches rigth now but i do read a lot of books right now im reading 3:16 the numbers of hope by Max Lucado i like hes books hes a good author

Distinguished Correspondent
Joseph_F
0 Kudos

Welcome everyone who has introduced themselves here recently! I hope to see all of you in discussions soon. Feel free to start a new discussion if you don't see any that interest you right now.

New User
KIARREA-DOUGLAS_LADYKI_
0 Kudos

Greetings,

My name is Kiarrea and I am 34 years old, a mother of 3 and the wife of Pastor Donnel Douglas Sr. I grew up in a Baptist church and through transition I am now Non- denominational. I love to write, teach God's word and most importantly live by his word. I am a author, I love to decorate and design and create things. My dream is to become a psychologist or counselor so that I am able to help people. as a child that grew up in a home of domestic violence, I have made it priority to speak to against DV and to counsel women and children that have went through the things that I have went through. My goal is to travel the world, on assignment of course.

Kiarrea Douglas
New User
MichelleAntoinette
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was born in Jamaica, West Indies, but I grew up in Staten Island & Queens, NY. My parents are "church planters" and that's the reason we moved to Pittsburgh when I was 14. I have been here pretty much since then. My religious background is in the Apostolic/Pentecostal movement. However, once I grew up, I separated from that belief system. I  now classify myself as a non-denominational believer.

I have always had an interest in other religions and I'm confident that this book club is a great way to satisfy my curiosity. I enjoy reading the Bible especially the book of Psalms. I find that the detailed descriptions of King David's emotions is a great connecting point for me. Probably because I feel like there is a constant internal struggle to balance your faith in God with your intellect, emotions and the tangible everyday aspects of life.

I'm looking forward to a great exchange of ideas, beliefs and culture through this book club...But no pressure people! ha ha!!!

Joseph_F
0 Kudos

Hello and welcome to everyone who has posted here recently! I've been having a lot of trouble signing in but it seems to be working for now so let me say that I'm glad to see new people wondering in and I hope you'll feel free to start discussing things that interest you :smileyhappy:

New User
JenniferKelmar
0 Kudos

Hello. My name is Jennifer. I'm from Florida. My parents were a bit spiritual but no certain religion so I got to believe what I wanted. At a very young age I learned about Wicca and thought it was pretty cool but never gave it too much thought. In middle school I had a best friend that was a Christian and I became a Christian as well for awhile. It didn't really work for me and I went back to Wicca which worked for me for awhile but it just wasn't enough. I began looking into Buddhism which I thought was cool but just not me so I looked into Hinduism and that seemed to fit me the best although I've realized that all religions are basically the same. One book that really influenced me through all this was Sri Ramakrishna: A Prophet For A New Age. After I read that my whole perspective changed.

Contributor
NJSally
0 Kudos

I think its great  you found a "religion" that you feel suits  you best. But what is the differnece between Wika and Catholism? I am a devout Catholic and I dont really know much about Wika.

Sally

Nice to meet you

New User
ravenmoon

merry meet,

I am a wiccan , leaning towards the hindu pantheon, and egyptian pantheons, so i understand how every thing you try after wicca just seems better and better, but it Is a part of wicca, because there are what you call pantheons and that is realy whhat defines the kind of practice you incorporate into your wiccan religion. i started roman catholic myself and sorry but i used to fall asleep durning mass, and when i found wicca i knew it was my calling.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

NJSally wrote:

I think its great  you found a "religion" that you feel suits  you best. But what is the differnece between Wika and Catholism? I am a devout Catholic and I dont really know much about Wika.

Sally

Nice to meet you

Check this thread out

Peppermill
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

NJSally wrote:

Sally

Nice to meet you

Check this thread out

Tigger -- I get a "FORBIDDEN" message when I try to access the link you provided.

I believe, however, one can find it among the threads?  (I haven't checked that out.)

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

NJSally wrote:

Sally

Nice to meet you

Check this thread out

Tigger -- I get a "FORBIDDEN" message when I try to access the link you provided.

I believe, however, one can find it among the threads?  (I haven't checked that out.)

Pepper

Anyone know why when one tries to post an to this place in this site link it blocks out other users?!

I'm going to *bump* it, for anyone interested. Feel free to ask questions galore.

Joseph_F
0 Kudos

I'm not sure TiggerBear what the exact problem is, but I think it may have something to do with the "jump to first unread" at the end of the link. Try pasting links ending with just the thread number,  like this

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Joseph_F wrote:

I'm not sure TiggerBear what the exact problem is, but I think it may have something to do with the "jump to first unread" at the end of the link. Try pasting links ending with just the thread number,  like this

Well that's strange, I click your link and a third sub box opens in the browser.

What does one need to do post a link that jumps without a stacked opening to the beginging of a thread? In this new version, cause a month ago this wasn't an issue. If you know I'll spread it around, lots of us are asking this all over the boards.

New User
Sharlin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

God is so awesome! There is none like him. My family's background is Catholic but  I grew up as Baptist. God introduced himself to me as a young child through dreams. God has healed me, when Dr.'s could not help.He has delivered me from some situations that could have taken me out. Situations where you would say, There is a God and had it not been for the Lord on my side where would I be. So many people  say  "I  found God....." but the truth is he found me in a time where I was in turmoil after turmoil. When I tell you he is real, he is real! I've witnessed a miracle (healing) in me and others in church. So many could say when they see others being healed it is a fake but it's nothing like when you experience being healed first hand. God is real and so is his word (the Bilble) I  am a God fearing Christian! I live by the bible! If anyone is uncertain or confused about a religion, I recommend Jesus! Just pray and ask him to reveal himself to you! Ask him to come into your life(meaning it)! And just watch what happens! Books that I recommend is the bible first and foremost is the bible. These listed is books that are great inspirational tools that I have read through someone's recommendation and were very inspiring.The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkerson, Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer, There is Life After This by K Douglas, In the Pursuit of Peace by Joyce Meyer. Again, the best one is the bible (Great starting scripture  John 3:16)  Be blessed!

Joseph_F
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Joseph_F wrote:

Well that's strange, I click your link and a third sub box opens in the browser.

What does one need to do post a link that jumps without a stacked opening to the beginging of a thread? In this new version, cause a month ago this wasn't an issue. If you know I'll spread it around, lots of us are asking this all over the boards.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean the fact that the link opens in a new window? If so, there is a drop down box in the "create link" screen.

So, for example this link will open in a new screen.

While this link will take you there in the same screen.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Joseph_F wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:
Joseph_F wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean the fact that the link opens in a new window? If so, there is a drop down box in the "create link" screen.

Yes it opens in a third stacked window. B&N and on top Book clubs and on top of that your link page opened.

And why when I quoted you could I not get the cursor to go below these anoying " marks?

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Joseph_F wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:
Joseph_F wrote:

Yes it opens in a third stacked window. B&N and on top Book clubs and on top of that your link page opened.

And why when I quoted you could I not get the cursor to go below these anoying " marks?

I think I've got the hang of it now, thanks for the asist.

Frequent Contributor
JREwing
0 Kudos

My name is Larry.  I just got my Nook.  Spending too much time on my laptop and not enough time reading.  Maybe the Nook will cure that.

I look forward to new discussions.