Joseph_F
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself!

Welcome Larry! :smileyhappy:

New User
TruthSeeker1906
0 Kudos

I enjoy spiritual books.  To me religious books tend to exclude those who do not follow that particular faith.  However, I believe "spirituality" is universal and spans across all religious faiths.  Spirituality reflects God's Truth and this is eternal and changeless.  Religion reflects man's understanding of that Truth and therefore oftentimes miss the true essence and thus are temporary and ever-changing.  I'm not bashing any particular religion for I think they all capture a piece of the big puzzle but I believe true spiritual understanding can only come from direct experience and a personal relationship.  "The Kingdom of God is within you!" pretty much sums it up for me! :smileywink:

"One Source Of Universal Love"
Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Kayla. I just thought I'd come check the board out. I'm not part of any religion but I've met a lot of different people with different religions and have been able to gain a small perspective in a few of them. I would say I'm a spiritual person and have always felt a close presence with a higher power or God.

I know God and religion is a sensitive subject and I don't like offending people. I think religion brings people closer together but I don't believe it's necessary in order to have a relationship with God. I observe God's creations good or bad to try to gain knowledge which is what I believe I'm in this life to do.

Kayla

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
Contributor
escaperf
0 Kudos

Hello All, :smileyhappy:

I am Robin, a Christian, protestant Church of God, I enjoy reading all kinds of books, love Amish Series they are my favorite.

I am open to reading about all types religion and I believe that a knowledge of religions allows each person to practice  there own religion peacefully and without  judgment of others.

Hope Barnes and Noble soon offer more Amish Series, for the Nook. The Kindle has a couple hundred.

Contributor
escaperf
0 Kudos

I would love that, great idea.