Contributor
iheartvolleyball_21
0 Kudos

What Religions?

Hey y'all.....I was just wonderin what religion some of y'all are...... Like Jewish, Baptist, Prebystarian, Christian(Christian and Baptist r kinda the same thing, i know) or all the other religions I didn't name...... I for 1, am like a Christian/Baptist.....  Just post what religion you are.......( :

Everybody's different so everybody's the same-J.M.
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

Re: What Religions?

Pagan
Peppermill

"Heart" -- Please remember that both Roman Catholic and all the Protestant denominations consider themselves to be Christians!

Those who follow my posts can probably guess my denominational affiliation; however, I prefer to overtly identify myself here under the broader category of "Protestant;" still,  my faith is informed from multiple sources.

iheartvolleyball_21 wrote:

Hey y'all.....I was just wonderin what religion some of y'all are...... Like Jewish, Baptist, Prebystarian, Christian(Christian and Baptist r kinda the same thing, i know) or all the other religions I didn't name...... I for 1, am like a Christian/Baptist.....  Just post what religion you are....... :smileyhappy:

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Distinguished Correspondent
Joseph_F
0 Kudos

I'm a Reform Jew, although not as much of a practicing on since my move to a new city as I was before. It's harder when you don't have a community that you feel established in.
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

"Heart" -- Please remember that both Roman Catholic and all the Protestant denominations consider themselves to be Christians!

Hear, hear, Pepper.

Lapsed Catholic here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

I was raised in Cambodia as a Buddhist. As an adult, I converted to Roman Catholicism. I married a Roman Catholic...

And irony of ironies, my daughter (who is 24) is showing an intense interest in Buddhism.

What comes around goes around. 

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Joseph_F
0 Kudos

IBIS, I did not realize you were from Cambodia! I have a mild obsession with Cambodia and Cambodian history.
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Joseph, how did that happen? Have you visited?  Angor Watt? the killing fields? Tell me.
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Joseph_F

Yeah, I visited a couple years ago for two weeks, but that's not where it started. I saw a picture of the Angkor Wat in National Geographic when I was 10 and I was obsessed ever since. At this point I own about 20 books on recent and ancient Cambodian history.
New User
0 Kudos

I am a Baha'i.  It is the most wonderful religion. Striving for peace and unity

Contributor
Antonia-Amaris

Pagan

New User
MeghanRivka
0 Kudos

Conservative Jew. :smileyhappy:

Scribe
debbook

iheartvolleyball_21 wrote:

Hey y'all.....I was just wonderin what religion some of y'all are...... Like Jewish, Baptist, Prebystarian, Christian(Christian and Baptist r kinda the same thing, i know) or all the other religions I didn't name...... I for 1, am like a Christian/Baptist.....  Just post what religion you are.......( :

Pagan!

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth

Wiccan =)

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell" - Tam Lin
New User
evilapprentice
0 Kudos

I'm a reform Jew.  Reading Joseph_F's description from a few months ago, that's pretty much what my situation has been lately.  

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

We have the same religion "heart"..I'm a REFORMED BAPTIST.... 

Wow, everyone here seems to be pagan..what is that, may I ask? 

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

_mOonSeeKer_ wrote:

We have the same religion "heart"..I'm a REFORMED BAPTIST.... 

Wow, everyone here seems to be pagan..what is that, may I ask? 

For the broadest definition see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan

It's specific to each person .....

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

When I was young, my family used to be called 'pagans' or 'heathens' because we were atheists but when people realised that a-theists do not believe in any kind of god or religious ritual, as pagans and heathens do, the word atheist was used to describe non- believers. 

In the Classification section of the Wikipedia website cited by TiggerBear, there are useful subdivisions of paganism and I think most pagans in this club could be described as Neopagans.

Frequent Contributor
soylentgeek
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am a 6 on the Dawkins Scale of Religious Probability from his book The God Delusion.

The scale is below, and I have bolded the part that describes me. The only reason I can't put 7 is because I cannot be 100% certain. However, I will say that I no more question my atheism than I question my lack of belief in unicorns in my coffee cup.

1. Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung, 'I do not believe, I know.'
   2. Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. De facto theist. 'I cannot know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there.'
   3. Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. Technically agnostic but leaning towards theism. 'I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.'
   4. Exactly 50 per cent. Completely impartial agnostic. 'God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.'
   5. Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. Technically agnostic but leaning towards atheism. 'I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be sceptical.'
   6. Very low probability, but short of zero. De facto atheist. 'I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there.'
   7. Strong atheist. 'I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung "knows" there is one.'

Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

I am Roman Catholic.  I think that means I am a Christian, at least to us it means that.:smileyhappy: