New User
jilljon913
0 Kudos

Application Issues-settings and wi fi

I was reading my nook last night and the screen froze. I shut it off and restarted it and when I tried to access Settings I got a message saying that this application wasn't installed. Same thing for Wi Fi and The daily. I tried to connect it to my comuputer but the computer wouldn't recognize it. Since I can't get into settings I can't restore the factory settings. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Reader
kad1963
0 Kudos

Re: Application Issues-settings and wi fi

I called "Tech Support" and was told there was nothing they could do; it was a problem with my ISP and to contact them.  Yeah.....

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@jilljon913

Try a hard reset and if that doesn't work then call customer service.

Hard reset:  Hold the power button down for 20 seconds then release, press and release the power button again to restart.

TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

Time to try the complete hardware reset.  Never had to do it myself but its hold the Power button down for 20 seconds  6 times.  This should reset to the factory installed version.  You will then have to reinstall the lastest version of the software.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

kad1963 wrote:

I called "Tech Support" and was told there was nothing they could do; it was a problem with my ISP and to contact them.  Yeah.....

Are you talking about the same problem?  OP was unable to access the "Settings" screen on the Nook itself.  Digital Support at B&N would never blame that on an ISP.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
jilljon913
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who responded. Ended up doing the complete hard reset. Just as the one who posted said, it sent me back to original factory settings. From there I installed the update and no my nook is back to normal. Thanks again.