Contributor
Calia_Anne
0 Kudos

Re: Cracked on all 4 buttons!

I'm still trying to figure out if they are cracks? They seem under the surface. Aaaah! I can't even read b/c it distracts me trying to figure out what they are!!

Contributor
Calia_Anne
0 Kudos

Also, mine isn't an older nook. i've only had it for 2 weeks so I didn't think this was a problem with the newer ones!

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Are they cracks or does the bezel change slightly from matte to shiny above the top buttons and below the bottom buttons, in a completely straight line?

The latter is part of the nook design - and it's more evident in sunlight.  

Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

My nook does not have cracked buttons, but there is a line you can feel above and below each button where the glossy frame stops and the nook buttons start.  This is not a crack.  It's just a place where the texture of the nook changes for the buttons. Maybe this is what you're feeling. Look at it in a well lit room. They do not look like cracks at all but you can feel them with your fingers.  

Fran

Contributor
Calia_Anne
0 Kudos

No. Its above that and they look like lines. One goes jaggedly down from the left page forward button. On the left top its almost a loope jaggedly line. Same on the right side.

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Then that's definitely a crack, and should be replaceable under the standard warranty - it's a known issue.

Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

Hmmm...well, that sounds like it might be a crack, then.  I've never heard of all four buttons getting a crack like that all at the same time.  I also thought they fixed the cracking on the newer nooks, but it's always possible you got a defective one.  Call customer service or go back to BN and get it exchanged.

Fran

New User
Cjmclean
0 Kudos

Cracked! Disappointed!

My nook cracked at the right page forward button! Anybody else have this problem? I'm very disappointed! I've only had it since January 2010 and paid the way higher price! Any suggestions?

Correspondent
love_my_karma
0 Kudos

Re: Cracked! Disappointed!

Yup, call 1-800-THE-BOOK and choose option 2, for digital support.

You will be sent a replacement nook. This is a known issue.

She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873)
~ Louisa May Alcott ~
Reader
DR97
0 Kudos

I just had the same problem.  Call 1-800-THE BOOK and they will send you another one.

Inspired Contributor
KikiL
0 Kudos

Take it back to the B&N store where you bought the nook.  The first one I had cracked and I went the customer service route and got a refurbished nook that cracked in the same place within a week.  So I took that one back to B&N and they replaced it with a new one that has been great ever since (2-3 months of constant reading).  It was a known problem with the first batch of nooks that they seem to have fixed.

Correspondent
katworley
0 Kudos

Take it to your local B&N even if you didn't buy it there... I bought mine online in February, and noticed the crack in the page turn button this morning. I took it to my local B&N, and they exchanged it without question. According to the store manager, it's up to the individual stores whether or not they'll do it, but it's worth a try. 

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Reader 4
Kathy70
0 Kudos

The right hand page turner on my Nook cracked. Is this a new problem? It is only 8 months old.

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

Re: The right hand page turner on my Nook cracked. Is this a new problem? It is only 8 months old.

it is a known issue, covered under the manufacturers warranty.  Call 1-800- THE BOOK and choose option 2 for digital support and they will arrange a replacement.

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
New User
nolajersey
0 Kudos

Re: The right hand page turner on my Nook cracked. Is this a new problem? It is only 8 months old.

Does anyone know if they fixed the problem?  I just noticed a crack in my second nook. I was careful with this one too.  I turned the pages with the other side more often and even slid my finger across the screen to turn the page.  It still cracked. Now I have to go through the whole replacement thing again.  In February my year will be up and I don't want be stuck with another cracked Nook if it happens yet again with this replacement.