Contributor
jxmoore
0 Kudos

Everything loaded on Nook is gone

last night I was reading my book, connected charging cable then turned unit off, this morning, it was on sleep and when I woke it up it wanted me to re-register it, all the books were gone and my uploaded software was gone...what the heck happened,how do I get it back to what I had on it????? I did not delete anything nor did I un regsiter it

help!!!!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Everything loaded on Nook is gone

[ Edited ]

Welcome! :smileyhappy:

Sounds like your Nook reverted to its original state at shipment.  Nothing you did sounds severe enough to have caused that, although you are NOT supposed to power your Nook down when you have it plugged in for charging.

Were you able to register it again without any trouble?  If so, you should be able retrieve your B&N content by tapping "Check for New B&N Content" in My Library.  Your sideloaded content, though, if any, is probably gone unless you had it on a microSD card.

You should also be able to reapply the 1.4 update.  Please post and let us know whether you were able to accomplish these things, or if there's still a problem.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
jxmoore
0 Kudos

Thanks!!! I did not know that you could not charge while unit is off, there well may be the problem

I did re-register it and I now have the display of what I got from B &N, yes alas all my sideloaded ebooks are gone, but my hubby has them saved on his computer.  I went to click on the books and all it shows is the overview, I think I have to redownload all of them???...UGH!  I just want to make sure I will not be charged for them again if I do select download

Correspondent
NanaLou
0 Kudos

You will not be charged again.  You are downloading your your B & N Library and not the store.

Contributor
jxmoore
0 Kudos

Whew! That's a relief! Now I will not make the mistake of turning off my Nook while it is plugged into the charger again!!  

I guess I will be downloading back all my books tonight, lol

Thanks & Appreciate all the support :smileyhappy:

ABthree
0 Kudos

@jxmoore

Glad it all worked out for you.  Have fun with your Nook! :smileyvery-happy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
RHWright
0 Kudos

For a variety of reasons, it's a good idea to have your books, both sideloaded and your B&N Library, backed up somewhere. I periodically make sure it's all on my desktop and to a removable media (CD or thumbdrive).

No disasters yet, knock wood, but better safe than sorry.

New User
alleycat36305
0 Kudos

Same thing here, did u receive an error code of c7851? Thats what I got, B&N says its a database error and they are working on it no time frame on fix.