Contributor
lmlamar
0 Kudos

Re: My Nook finally cracked!

Angela2932ND wrote:

I have a really nice Decal Girl skin on mine. . . so would I even know if it cracked? And if it cracked under the skin, is it really going to affect the performance?  I hate to peel up the skin to peek, because I know it will wreck the skin. . . so should I just bask in my denial?

I also have a Decal Girl skin on mine but I noticed the crack on the side of my nook.  I have not pulled up the skin to see how bad the crack is.  Next time I am in a BN store I will see if they will replace it with a new one.  If not, oh well, I am the only one that knows the crack is there. I would rather keep mine with the skin that I know works very well than to get a refurbished one and have to buy a new skin.  I was in one of the first shipments last December so mine made it several months without cracking.

Contributor
charcoaldog
0 Kudos

I finally noticed the dreaded crack on my nook this week. The replacement is on the way and should arrive on Tuesday. I am assuming it will be a refurbished model, (even though two different cs people told me on the phone that it would be new). Anyone know why my original order way back when in March now says it was a factory refurbished Nook? Did they have any to refurb. then?

I am also wondering if my SquareTrade warranty is good on the "new" Nook or do I have to purchase a new one?

Contributor
kimmie3
0 Kudos

I was reading my Nook last night and found the dreaded crack,  I called customer service at 9:30 and was told a refurbished Nook would be on the way in 3-5 days.  This morning I had an email letting me know my Nook was on the way and should be here by Friday.  The woman I spoke with was helpful and a fixed Nook by Friday now I call that customer service!

Reader 2
NookerMoon
0 Kudos

I got cracks as well, but i wasn't worried about it as i have the extended warrenty.  They sent me a refurbished one which is not acceptable to me..  Why did I pay for the extended warrenty if they are just going to replace mine with a used one. I want a brand new one.  This is very poor customer service as far as i am concerned.... and this story is not over yet. 

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

If you think about it you've used yours since you got it.  It's not new any more.  They replace with a product at least as good or better than your current Nook.  I don't see why that's not acceptable to you.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Contributor
kimmie3
0 Kudos

The customer service rep was upfront about the replacement being a refurbished unit and I don't have a problem with that.  I just want a unit that has no cracks and works.  Many companies replace broken electronics with refurbished units which have to undergo many checks before they can be sent out.  As AlanNJ has stated the Nook I am receiving is in better shape than the one I am returning and I am happy for that. 

Correspondent
Trazy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

In my experience, refurbished in the electronics world means as good as new.  Units slated for refurb most likely go through a thorough inspection process, replacing worn components with new ones. 

Having said that, I have no experience with refurbished nooks - I'm just basing my statement on other electronics devices, such as in photography, that I've purchased as refurbished.

"You can see a lot by just looking" - Yogi Berra
Frequent Contributor
DBDigital
0 Kudos

SirTomster wrote:

Ah crap.  Ok found another issue.  I had all my non B&N ebooks installed on the SD Card.  Went to My Documents and they do not show up.  Guess I have to delete them all and then reinstall them.  Happy Happy Joy Joy

Did you tap the "check for new content"?  Or turn it all the way off and back on.  I suspect that will fix it if the "check fo rnew content" does not.

-DB

Correspondent
lisat96
0 Kudos

DBDigital wrote:

SirTomster wrote:

Ah crap.  Ok found another issue.  I had all my non B&N ebooks installed on the SD Card.  Went to My Documents and they do not show up.  Guess I have to delete them all and then reinstall them.  Happy Happy Joy Joy

Did you tap the "check for new content"?  Or turn it all the way off and back on.  I suspect that will fix it if the "check fo rnew content" does not.

-DB

Also, check the settings page to see if your nook detects the storage card.  My retention clip occasionally becomes unfastened and I have to open the nook back up and push on the clip edges.  When I power it back up, I usually double check the settings page to make sure the storage card is there before I start hunting for my books.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@All,

Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) for any issues that are covered under the warranty.