Frequent Contributor
Mark_McIntyre
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Feature Request for Future Updates

How about the ability to search "MY DOCUMENTS" rather than scroll down through many pages if we have loaded a lot of books? I can do this in the B&N Content section but not in my documents.

Better yet, combined all the books into one list! It is a little bit silly that I have to switch directories for books that I've side loaded.

Other that that I am very pleased with my Nook and have recommended to many friends that they consider one.

Reader
Jan_Smith

I agree, a GoTo-Page feature would be super.  In the meantime, I've gotten myself into the habit of putting bookmarks where I think I'd like to revisit, and speaking of which it would be nice to be able to title the bookmarks myself - like by subject so I can tell which is which even a while later.

Reader 4
vickth
0 Kudos

I would like to see parental controls.  I have an 11 year old who is saving for a nook...I would love to see some ability to control what type of book he has access to, limiting the web browsing, control over the credit card, etc.

I would also love the ability to categorize the library making it more searchable.

Inspired Correspondent
Phigment

vickth wrote:

I would like to see parental controls.  I have an 11 year old who is saving for a nook...I would love to see some ability to control what type of book he has access to, limiting the web browsing, control over the credit card, etc.

I would also love the ability to categorize the library making it more searchable.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is you don't HAVE to register his nook (when you get him one) Which will help you control what goes on his nook, since you'd have to buy the ebook yourself, and then side-loading it onto this nook. As for web browsing, it's at it's most primative state right now (personal opinion there), and at 11, I think a strictly Black & White site, with no flash animations is bound to kill the thrill of of hours of web browsing.

As for categorizing... the nook owners are getting that this month, so since B&N is playing catch up with them, we might see something like it also... when is up for grabs though. We should have had something like that on the last update.

Reader 4
rolivares

1) note taking feature

2) go to page # / back

3) to be able to organize the "my documents" folders in subfolders and to navigate then from the "my library"

Thank a lot

Reader
bama63

I second the motion on better organization of your my documents books...I have only 700+ books so far but I have to scroll through 36 pages to find a book..I think I'm gonna wear out my page turning button looking for a book...lol

KarenH

New User
Wusha
0 Kudos

Echoing the request for the abililty to re-map the 4 directional (page turn) hardware buttons...

Add: the ability to swap backwards and forwards - since holding the nook (for example) in the right hand, the thumb rests comfortably on the "back" button which is near the middle of the reader.

Would make more sense to have this the forward button!

Softrooted Nooks can do this :smileyhappy:, so hopefully this should not be a problem for a future firmware update... say 1.3.1 to be optimistic!

Contributor
slow_reader
0 Kudos

A web browser and games are nice but not really what I need an e-book reader for.
My requests are simple and should be simple to program into an update.

1. Allow the books in My documents (sideloaded) to display by covers like the B&N library can. And include a search function that would filter out books. For example, If I just want to see books by J.K. Rowling that I have loaded I shouldn't have to Scroll through everything in my library (Potentially dozens of screens full at 10 books per screen) to get to her books.

2. Ability to give bookmarks in a book a meaningful name. Use of book marks really should releave the need for a "got to page XX" feature though that also would be helpful for refinding ones location in a book should one forget to bookmark their place.

3. Impliment Play lists in the MP3 player so that I can easily choose to listen to one album or audiobook without scrolling through numerous files all intermixed. And the ability to bookmark an audio book would be nice.

4. Either screen rotation or changing the configuration of the plug on the charging cable.  If I wish to read while charging I have to be extremely careful to not snap off the plug inside the bottom of the Nook. Being able to rotate the screen 90 degrees one way or the other would help with that. (I have a similar issue with pluggin in headphones or ear buds but alleviated that issue to a degree by finding some that have a plug that makes a 90 degree bend and lies more flush with the bottom of the Nook.

These simple features really should be in the next update before more games, web browsing capability or other gimmicks are added as these effect the basic functionality of the device.

One more thing. I put an 8 GIG memory card into my NOOK as well in hopes of loading all my books into the device but I suspect that the NOOK OS can't handle that may files. And, of course, i could never find the book I was looking for anyway things being what they are currently.

Contributor
AzGranni

I would like to be able to have playlists in the music player and to be able to use WMA's .

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.