Contributor
kmj1
0 Kudos

POLL - Who Has Cracked Buttons?

I would like to get a feel of how many people out there are experiencing the cracked button issue? Most are seeing it on the right side page forward button.

Reference post: Crack on page forward button .

1. Reply and state if you have a cracked button

2. State which button it is

3. Attach a photo if you can

Thanks.

Inspired Correspondent
nickels
0 Kudos

Re: POLL - Who Has Cracked Buttons?

Buttons are fine, but my wife uses touch screen swipes to turn pages more then pressing buttons.

Frequent Contributor
Xandie
0 Kudos

I'm one of two I know of so far (the other was the author of that post). Mine is the lower (page forward) right hand button. I'm in the process of getting a rapid replacement, and it is covered under the basic warrenty (although they tried to tell me it wasn't at first).

I was unable to take a picture that showed it well. It's not a big crack right now, and I'm not going to give it time to become one..

Xandie

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Count me in, since I'm the one that posted the original thread.

Just to make sure there is a picture in this thread I'll double post that image here.

(Its not easy getting that shot unless you have a very close focusing camera.)

I was one of the first customers to receive mine, and I've used it a LOT.  My nook does not forget its location in books (unless I plug into computer with a book open), so its not like I spend weeks paging forward to get to the right place.  I baby this thing.

I think this bezel needs a redesign, perhaps with a floating button cover like some of the other ereaders.

Oh, and thanks for the reply Nickels, but we are not trying to find out if there are people who DON'T have cracks, and it would pointlessly flood the thread if every new nook owners posted that they don't have cracks (yet).

So Please just post if you DO have cracks.

Inspired Correspondent
nickels

Sorry, but the title is "POLL - Who Has Cracked Buttons?"

To me that suggest a Poll is taking place of all users to see if their buttons are cracked or if they are fine. I assumed (incorrectly) that you were looking to see if it is a big problem based on the total users posting and those that reply yes. You do know what a poll is right? If I stood up right now and told the room we are having a poll to see who is having a problem, I wouldn't be surprised if people answered that they are not having one.

Frequent Contributor
Greeny
0 Kudos

No cracks - All of my buttons are fine.

No cracks - My wife's Nook has all buttons intact.

I received my unit on Dec. 18th and have used it a ton as far as I am concerned (on my 5th book since then).

My wife received hers on Dec. 18th as well and she has read 2 books and is on her 3rd now.

Frequent Contributor
kylejohnson
0 Kudos

No cracks.  If you want a poll that yeilds 100% of users reporting cracks, try a different question.  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

kylejohnson wrote:

No cracks.  If you want a poll that yeilds 100% of users reporting cracks, try a different question.  :smileyhappy:

Silly me.  English being my mother tongue, I assumed the question:

"Who Has Cracked Buttons?"

did not imply those without cracked buttons should respond. 

What Was I thinking?

Inspired Correspondent
nickels

You just made an ass out of ume. What were you thinking? Why would you assume a poll question to only want one type of response? Then you act all snarky like you are right when you are clearly wrong.

Frequent Contributor
AmandaGal
0 Kudos

"Who has cracked buttons?" "Not me"

:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
Xandie
0 Kudos

Well this has clearly deteriortated into uselessness. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
kmj1
0 Kudos

What might be handy also is to include your frequency of use of the buttons.

Contributor
kmj1
0 Kudos

Bump.

Anyone else? I'm trying to see if this is a developing trend or if it was an isolated event for two of our colleagues. thanks.

Reply with:

Frequency of use of the buttons also.

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
NickandNook
0 Kudos

No cracks.

Use my nook at least two hours every day.

Mainly us buttons to turn pages. 

Inspired Contributor
BartleyR7
0 Kudos

kmj1 wrote:

1. Reply and state if you have a cracked button

I don't know if I'm allowed to reply to this, but I read the statement above as asking to reply to this thread and state if you have a cracked button.  To me, this means reply no matter what.  If it read "If you have a cracked button, reply and state as such," then I would be less inclined to post my experiences.  :smileyhappy:

I do not have any cracked buttons, and I use the right-hand page-forward around 90% of the time.  The other 10% of the time, I use the left-hand page-forward or swipe (probably around 8% left-hand button and 2% swipe).  I also do not have an issue with button sticking and/or making any odd noises.  All of my buttons make the same "click" sound.

As for other information, I received my nook on December 24th and have used it to read two books (total of around 700 page turns I believe) and am currently working on my third book (around page 100 of 350 pages).

Best of luck to all of you who are having issues.  I'm interested to know how the situation progresses.

Frequent Contributor
-Onyx-
0 Kudos

I received my nook with the first shipment, 12/09

I have read 11 books, appx 3500 pages, since that time

No buttons are not cracked (but the left page forward button has a double click to it instead of the normal single click - it's been like that since day 1), I use the buttons on the right 96% of the time

Frequent Contributor
Xandie
0 Kudos

I didn't post this earlier, but I've probably turned about 3000 pages with the button since I got my nook. I use that button 90% of the time, but that'll clearly change when I get my new one.

BTW, another person (not ice) just reported over on nookboard that they discovered a crack today. Mmm.

Xan

Contributor
dz74
0 Kudos

I received my Nook Dec. 24.  I have read 6 or 7 books.  I also have a crack on my right page forward button.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Same here, got mine on 1/4/2010, I've read quite a few and have a crack under the right forward page arrow.

Contributor
canytkd
0 Kudos

Well this is special. I just got my nook and it is my #1 favorite gadget. I already found that I dislike pushing the page forward button because to me it takes too much pressure to get it to work so it's annoying. So, I am already in the habit of swiping the touchscreen to turn the page. Seems like the way to go if button cracking is going to be an issue.