Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

Trying to make my own screen picture the right size

Sorry if this question has been answered already, I tried finding an answer but so far have not had much luck. I would like to convert some of my own pictures into screen-savers and or wallpapers on my nook. I know what size I need to scale them to for them to fit correctly however I don't know how to convert them to the proper size. I have downloaded a few programs to try and help me, but so far have been unsuccessful. I have a mac computer I cant get the gimp program to work which is the one suggested by nook-look to create your own images. Anyone know any free downloads that will enable me to convert my pictures to proper size?

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Re: Trying to make my own screen picture the right size

Do you have iPhoto on yer mac. As many come with it?

Or for organizing and editing try out the free Google Picasa for the mac.

http://picasa.google.com/mac/

A google search mac image editing software would give you many more options.

The gimp is free and powerful but a steep learning curve and non-intuitive to learn.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

Irfan View is an easy, and free, option.  Very simple to use.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

Yes I Have Iphoto but I cant get it to change the image size the way I need it to. I know how to crop and convert and do simple things but when I try to change the size of the image it won't work. 

Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

See my post above.

Correspondent
Rasyr
0 Kudos

Martlet wrote:

Irfan View is an easy, and free, option.  Very simple to use.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Yes, IfranView is an excellent program (it is one of several I keep on my computer).

However, I think that you missed that the original poster uses a Mac, and I don't think that IrfanView has a Mac version available.

Tim Dugger
TANSTAAFL
Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help I was finally able to do it thru picasa. The irfanview would not work with my mac. Thanks so much