Reader
phoneguy11
Accepted Solution

deleating sample ebook

how can I get rid of a sample ebook I have no intention of buying? When I pull up the book there is no  option to archive. They really need to come up with a way of deleating books you no longer want.

Contributor
SourdoughJosh
0 Kudos

Re: deleating sample ebook

[ Edited ]

You can delete sample eBooks via your computer by logging into your B&N account via web browser.

The issue is that you can only archive via the Nook itself, and you cannot archive sample eBooks.

Hope this helps,

Josh

Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

Good luck! And repeat after me," I will NEVER download a sample book again in my lifetime"!  They are impossible to get rid of and lurk on you nook, taking up valuable space, forever.  I sure hope they do come up with a way to delete - selectively.

Contributor
SourdoughJosh
0 Kudos

lilio,

As per my above reply to the OP, sample eBooks are easy to remove, you simply need to log into your B&N account via web browser rather than via the Nook. Once you delete the sample book from your account, the deletion will propagate to the Nook after you "Check for New Content" on it.

Frequent Contributor
four0six
0 Kudos

Also know, that it is easiest to delete from your online eLibrary after you've read the Sample, BEFORE YOU PURCHASE the actual book.

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

four0six wrote:

Also know, that it is easiest to delete from your online eLibrary after you've read the Sample, BEFORE YOU PURCHASE the actual book.

Did the new update fix this by any chance? I haven't tested it yet, I'm still on ebooks I already had. Has anyone had any problems after the 1.2 update?

Frequent Contributor
four0six
0 Kudos

dessine wrote:

four0six wrote:

Did the new update fix this by any chance? I haven't tested it yet, I'm still on ebooks I already had. Has anyone had any problems after the 1.2 update?

I'm not sure that it is fixed or not with the update.  I've never tried downloading a sample before, I was just posting about other people's posts and successes, and what worked for them.

Correspondent
DRW53OH
0 Kudos

There's nothing to fix--as others have so ably pointed out, it has always been very easy to delete samples by doing so on your computer from your account, then updating your B&N Library on the nook.  Just follow a few simple steps, people, and your troubles will be over. 

Reader
phoneguy11
0 Kudos

it worked like a charm. got rid of the sample. thanks for all your help. good place to come to for help!

Contributor
scott9282
0 Kudos

In addition to what has been posted, this may seem obvious but I'll state it anyway...  Airplane mode must be off, or I suppose you can do this when using a hard connection through USB.  But if you're not connected because of airplane mode, the free sample will stay there until the Nook can "talk" to the system somehow.

New User
enigmacomp
0 Kudos

I agree that it should be simpler to get rid of sample books ( and I have downloaded several that were 10 pages of publishers info, chapter listings, etc and NO TEXT,) but as in the past, I linked the NOOK to my PC, signed into my B&N account and removed the sample there, I went into my device files for the NOOK and removed it there, and it still is on my NOOK. It refuses to leave. Now what?

New User
enigmacomp
0 Kudos

AMEN!!!!