Reader 4
GRJ49A
0 Kudos

v1.4 Firmware Upgrade & SD Card problem

I updgraded to the new v1.4 firmware via WiFi last night.  Now my Nook will not recognize my 4GB microSD card.  The "Setting" page shows the card under "Available Memory", but the My Documents list is empty and when I attach the Nook to my computer via USB, only the Nook is recognized, not the microSD card, as a drive.

Anybody else have this problem, or more importantly, know how to correct it?

New User
camaleo
0 Kudos

Re: v1.4 Firmware Upgrade & SD Card problem

I just got my brand new Nook with 1.4.0 installed and I also have some issues.

The SanDisk 4Gb microSD is seen by the Nook, however the Nook reports that there are only 97mb available.

I tried to reformat the microSD on my pc as FAT32 and the problem is still there.

Moreover, if I copy a pdf or an epub book to the microSD it is not seen by the Nook. I then tried to copy my docs in the 'my documents' folder on the Nook internal memory and they are still not seen by the Nook.

After I removed the microSD I am able to see the docs I copied to the Nook.

Thus I have the strong feeling that there is a problem with the 1.4.0 software handling the microSD.

Anyone of the tech support can please confirm?

I can wait until the internal memory has free space but, I hope this issue will be solved with the next update.

Frequent Contributor
valdemar
0 Kudos

had problems like urs...

i need to take out and put again the card many times until device reconizs it...

but, after my last post talking about problems with nook,  and ppl here on this forum syaing the problem dont exist... they solution is: to us shut up and w8 for solution from suport quietly...

bb

PS: try to di like me... takje out and put again many times...

PS2: try put AGAIN file of firmware on root...

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

I have no problem with my 2GB microSD card.

Every now and again, maybe once every month or two, the Settings page will report some ridiculously low amount of memory available. I reboot (hold power button down for 20 seconds, then turn the unit on again) and the problem goes away.

I read about this solution in the Dave Barry article in The Daily. :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

There have been problem reports with Sandisk cards.  Some people solve this with reseating the card, some say they never get that brand working.

Also some users don't know how the nook MicroSD card holder works.  

Its a two step holder.  

To close it, you first swing the latch like a door, then you slide it down to lock it.

I've used a pretty cheap PNY brand and it works flawlessly, and I never bother to check memory because it has never given me a lick of trouble.

You really don't need a fast MicroSD card for the nook.  Class 4 is overkill.  

New User
camaleo
0 Kudos

I reboot (hold power button down for 20 seconds, then turn the unit on again) and the problem goes away.

just tried to reboot as your report but still no luck at all. The Nook reports that my 4Gb microSD has 97.11Mb / 242.11Mb

:smileysad:

thank you anyway

New User
cellfone
0 Kudos

It worked perfectly (20 sec reset)

THANK YOU!