Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

Thank You

Thank you Robert for such a great discussion on Crashing Through. Also fellow discussion participants, thank you so much for all the interesting insights in this month's discussion. The depth of everyone's thoughts has been fascinating. Thank you Mike for your story and sharing parts of your life with us. Thank you Robert for the way you wrote this story.
Librarian
Author
RobertKurson
0 Kudos

Re: Thank You

This has been my true pleasure, privilege, and honor.

I can't begin to describe how meaningful these discussions have been to me. To know that all of you connected with the ideas and themes and science and characters that moved me when I first found Mike's story is the ultimate dream of a writer. The story was not as obvious as the one I told in Shadow Divers. I wished every day while I was researching and writing to reach readers - and thinkers - like all of you. For two years or more, I contemplated this story and these ideas by myself - while taking daytime walks through my neighborhood, while driving 60 miles to Milwaukee for my favorite Thai buffet, at night while my family slept - never knowing if I was the only one in the world who thought about Mike May in the way I did. Reading your posts here, and interacting with you, has been perhaps the most rewarding experience of my career, a real mind and heart connection, for the all wonderful ideas and their expression. I thank you all very much for that; I will never forget it.

I want to encourage everyone to sign up on my website for updates about Mike and his story. For example, it looks like he and I will be featured on the ABC television show 20/20 in September. I'll send out dates and times for things like this.

Learn more about Crashing Through.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

RobertKurson wrote:

I can't begin to describe how meaningful these discussions have been to me. To know that all of you connected with the ideas and themes and science and characters that moved me when I first found Mike's story is the ultimate dream of a writer. The story was not as obvious as the one I told in Shadow Divers. I wished every day while I was researching and writing to reach readers - and thinkers - like all of you. For two years or more, I contemplated this story and these ideas by myself - while taking daytime walks through my neighborhood, while driving 60 miles to Milwaukee for my favorite Thai buffet, at night while my family slept - never knowing if I was the only one in the world who thought about Mike May in the way I did. Reading your posts here, and interacting with you, has been perhaps the most rewarding experience of my career, a real mind and heart connection, for the all wonderful ideas and their expression. I thank you all very much for that; I will never forget it.

I want to encourage everyone to sign up on my website for updates about Mike and his story. For example, it looks like he and I will be featured on the ABC television show 20/20 in September. I'll send out dates and times for things like this.

That is so great that you will both be on 20/20! Congratulations! I will be sure to watch and look forward to it. I can't wait to see the two of you and others involved in the story.

I thank you so much for joining this discussion and for giving us this book. I also will never forget it. This is an amazing story and you have brought it to others and done it so well. I have really enjoyed participating in this discussion and reading all of the interesting and thought provoking posts that others have shared. What a great group this has been! Thank you everyone for sharing.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

RobertKurson wrote:

Robert, you can be sure I will be looking for you two on 20/20 in Sept. This has been a great treat and adventure and made all the better by your participation here with us. Its not often that you get to sit and talk with an author for a period of time about his books! Its been a great month. Will be watching your site for the 20/20 date, in case they do it a different time than Sept. :smileywink: This has been one of my very favorite reads all year, thanks again.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
BN Editor
Bill_T
0 Kudos

Robert, huge thanks from all of us at B&N as well. This has been a truly thought-provoking and illuminating experience for me (I ordered the book and sent it to my Dad for his birthday, and we've had some great conversations of our own about Mike's story), so thanks both for being here, and for sharing this fascinating story with all of your readers.

I hope you'll come back again to discuss another book soon!

RobertKurson wrote:

Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 896 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: