Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: 2010 RITA nominees!

ROMANTIC SUSPENSE nominees:

One Scream Away  

Waking the Dead  

A Dark Love  

Whisper of Warning  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ROMANTIC SUSPENSE nominees cont'd:

Stolen Fury  

Promises in Death (In Death Series #28)  

Kill for Me  

and a book called Dark Country by the author Bronwyn Perry. It appears that this one is only available in Australia right now!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

perfect chemistry is an awesome book!...what happens in london was great too..

i added so many books from this threa!!:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie - AnneB here - Wow ! I've only read a few of the nominees, but with all the rest as books I should read, my TBR pile just fell over !!! Since I'm sort of a newbie here, who chooses the nominees and who decides the winners?

Anne

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Melanie - AnneB here - Wow ! I've only read a few of the nominees, but with all the rest as books I should read, my TBR pile just fell over !!! Since I'm sort of a newbie here, who chooses the nominees and who decides the winners?

Anne

i myself am shocked at how many of these books I haven't read!

RWA runs this award ceremony - the Romance Writers of America. It's members read all the submitted books, score them, and then the finalists are chosen among the top vote-getters. (I think - I'm citing this on memory - I haven't read the rules or anything.) I can't remember is the top vote getter simply wins or if all the nominees get read by a judging panel. At any rate, all judges are RWA members, meaning: authors.

Cheyenne, can you shed light on any of the other YA books? They all look really good.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm also amazed at how many of these I haven't read!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Yeah. I'm scrambling to get copies of many of these today. They look so good!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well at least I'm with the in crowd here, because I haven't read that many either. You can usually scratch the inspirational and the YA's for me, but the rest wow I'm shocked.

Frequent Contributor
njoireading
0 Kudos

Well you know what my vote is....."Not Quite a Husband".  I have that loaded on my nook and read bits and pieces over and over again.  Especially poignant when Bryony is asked why she returned to London, "I wanted to go with him.  I was.....I was never so happy to see anyone in my life."  (Maybe not an exact quote, but pretty close).

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

njoireading wrote:

Well you know what my vote is....."Not Quite a Husband".  I have that loaded on my nook and read bits and pieces over and over again.  Especially poignant when Bryony is asked why she returned to London, "I wanted to go with him.  I was.....I was never so happy to see anyone in my life."  (Maybe not an exact quote, but pretty close).

That is such a crowded category, huh? So many good ones. I think you're right, though, that the Sherry Thomas should win. I also loved the Hoyt - she makes a disfigured hero seem downright dashing - and Jodi Thomas's book.

Frequent Contributor
Loves2ReadKR
0 Kudos

I was online today and saw that Julia Quinn had been nominated so I went straight to the website to check out the other nominees.

Let me just say that I was so excited to see Julia Quinn, Kresley Cole, Elizabeth Hoyt and Liz Carlyle on the list. Also, the RITA nominee lists are a great way to hear about new authors (which I certainly did) :smileyhappy:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Here are the winners!

Perfect Chemistry  - BEST YOUNG ADULT

One Scream Away  - BEST FIRST BOOK

Not Quite a Husband  - BEST HISTORICAL

The Inheritance - BEST INSPIRATIONAL

Lost Recipe for Happiness  - BEST NOVEL WITH STRONG ROMANTIC ELEMENTS

A Not-So-Perfect Past (Harlequin Super Romance Series #1556) - BEST CONTEMPORARY SERIES

The Soldier's Secret Daughter (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1588) - BEST CONTEMPORARY SERIES SUSPENSE/ADVENTURE

What Happens in London (Bevelstoke Series #2) - BEST REGENCY HISTORICAL

Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark Series #6) - BEST PARANORMAL

Whisper of Warning - BEST ROMANTIC SUSPENSE

Too Good to Be True - BEST CONTEMPORARY SINGLE TITLE

The Night Before Christmas  - BEST NOVELLA, "THE CHRISTMAS EVE PROMISE" by Molly O'Keefe

Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

The only ones I have read are What Happens in London and The Demon King. I loved them both. I will be looking for the rest now.