Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

70s and 80s authors

i recently read twilight whispers by Barbara Delinsky and i really like it. it was published in the late 80s. it got me to  thinking that i read books that were published no earlier than late 90s...i wa hoping you guys could recommend some good books/authors that wrote during this time.

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: 70s and 80s authors

Well, I was reading a lot of romance then: Barbara Delinsky was one of the authors I read, also Charlotte Lamb,Kathleen Eagle, Jayne Castle, Stella Cameron, Nora Roberts, Suzanne Brockmann, Linda Howard, Iris Johansen, Ruth Wind, Fern Michaels and I think Debbie Macomber was also writing then.
Contributor
ReeseJ
0 Kudos

Charlotte Lamb is great!  Also Sarah Holland, Jayne Bauling, Anne Mather, Roberta Leigh aka Rachel Lindsay, Sally Wentworth, Nora Roberts from this time period. Robyn Donald, Flora Kidd, Mary Burchell, Kathryn Blair, some of Madeleine Ker's books are interesting, Lilian Peake. 

I'm a huge Harlequin fan (early 90s on down)!

Huge Bulk lot of books (over 120 books) for low price.
Free Shipping in U.S.
Pics available!
http://adonaipublishing.com/bargainbooks.html

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Some of the authors books I read back then were: 

Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, Rosemary Rogers, Laurie McBain, Patricia Gallagher, Joyce Verette, Rebecca Brandewyne, Bertrice, Small, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Barbara Delinsky, Katherine Sutcliffe, Amii Lorin, Patricia Hagan, Jennifer Wilde, Day Taylor, Shana Carrol, Linda Lael Miller, Jennifer Blake, Shirley Busbee, Madeline Baker, Jayne Castle, Elaine Raco Chase, Anne N. Reisser, Sharon & Tom Curtis, Aimee Martell, Kay Hooper and Barbara Bretton.

These are just a few of the authors whose books I still have on my keeper shelf.  Just lots of wonderful, wonderful reads!!! Sigh :smileyvery-happy:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

1lovealways wrote:

Some of the authors books I read back then were: 

Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, Rosemary Rogers, Laurie McBain, Patricia Gallagher, Joyce Verette, Rebecca Brandewyne, Bertrice, Small, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Barbara Delinsky, Katherine Sutcliffe, Amii Lorin, Patricia Hagan, Jennifer Wilde, Day Taylor, Shana Carrol, Linda Lael Miller, Jennifer Blake, Shirley Busbee, Madeline Baker, Jayne Castle, Elaine Raco Chase, Anne N. Reisser, Sharon & Tom Curtis, Aimee Martell, Kay Hooper and Barbara Bretton.

These are just a few of the authors whose books I still have on my keeper shelf.  Just lots of wonderful, wonderful reads!!! Sigh :smileyvery-happy:

That's a great list!