Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: AUGUST FEATURE: Lisa Kleypas Hathaway Series!

Michelle_Buonfiglio wrote:

And, well, I'd like to spill all I know on the LEO, but I'm just not sure I should.  Like, would that be a spoiler or something?  Maybe I could just send you myARC of the next book... 

Cam I am?  I'm going to be laughing at that all day.

First, I'm glad I made you smile. :smileywink:

Second, do not make promises you don't intend to keep. I will drive to your house to pick up that ARC. And I think we live in different time zones, but that won't keep me away...

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Michelle_Buonfiglio wrote:

And I SO wish I'da thought of Cam for that column. The childhood abuse Cam survived isn't a form of PTSD we think of first, is it -- it's easiest to go right to the war-related stuff, no?  But you nailed it, and I wish I were thinking w/your brain the day I wrote it.  I've been really impressed w/the way authors in romance have been taking on the ish of abuse and still've been able to work it w/a very hopeful resonance -- just like we hope it can be worked in real life. I thinkthat's very authentic.

I actually want to respond to this, too, so sorry for the double-post...BUT...

what I loved about this depiction of a man forged out of an abusive childhood is that the author wrote it in a way so that his sense of self is completely colored by it. He doesn't love himself (or forgive himself) and yet he loves Win and craves her goodness. It's all just so heartbreaking and headed for tragedy. One of the most enjoyable parts of this read was the sense I had in the back of my mind, "Oh my god, what if they don't get together at the end???" It seemed like a very real possibility and that made the reading experience that much richer, for me anyway. And at the end, when he confesses all to Win, and she says, "I understand, I just haven't drawn the same conclusions as you," just killed me. What a perfect thing to say to somebody who hasn't been able to forgive himself. Just devastating.

Again, I bow down to La Kleypas.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

lisa kleypas has a short story about kev and winnefred's wedding....online

and the next two books i the series are:

married by morning

and love me in the afternoon

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
pjpuppymom
0 Kudos

I'm a long-time Kleypas fan and have read all of her books, both historical and contemporary.  She's such a talented writer who just keeps getting better with every book.  I loved Mine Til Midnight because, of course, it was Cam's book and we had been waiting so long for his book but I was also delighted by the Hathaways.  What a wonderful family!  Then came Seduce Me at Sunrise and who didn't fall in love with Kev and Win?  But, as much as I adored both of those stories I have to say that the upcoming Tempt Me at Twilight, in my opinion, is the best of the lot and one of the best stories Lisa has ever written.  I can't wait until it hits the shelves and everyone has a chance to "meet" Poppy and Harry in their own love story!

~PJ

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

pjpuppymom wrote:

I'm a long-time Kleypas fan and have read all of her books, both historical and contemporary.  She's such a talented writer who just keeps getting better with every book.  I loved Mine Til Midnight because, of course, it was Cam's book and we had been waiting so long for his book but I was also delighted by the Hathaways.  What a wonderful family!  Then came Seduce Me at Sunrise and who didn't fall in love with Kev and Win?  But, as much as I adored both of those stories I have to say that the upcoming Tempt Me at Twilight, in my opinion, is the best of the lot and one of the best stories Lisa has ever written.  I can't wait until it hits the shelves and everyone has a chance to "meet" Poppy and Harry in their own love story!

~PJ

I agree with everything you said, PJ. She's one of the best and I just can't wait for

Tempt Me at Twilight (Hathaway Series #3).

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

im in the middle of tempt me at twilght- im sucked in!

i have to say that im enjoying this book, i cant wait for lisa kleypas to shed light on ms marks story...and she has to get together with leo...

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

im in the middle of tempt me at twilght- im sucked in!

i have to say that im enjoying this book, i cant wait for lisa kleypas to shed light on ms marks story...and she has to get together with leo...

Cheyenne, I can't even believe that we have to wait for Leo and Cat's story. And just wait until you get to the end of the book! You'll be like me, dying for the next book!

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i finished it!

there are some pretty good surprises in this book, and ur right- im albsolutley dying for married by mornong, and i doesnt come out till next summer

so i got the large print edition of this book at the library when i put in on hold

i was wondering if someone with the paperback version could tell me if i t had an excerpt of leo's story...

i dont know what i want to read next: cant stand the heat by louisa edwards, have you seen her by karen rose, or lip service by susan mallery

Frequent Contributor
njoireading
0 Kudos

Although Win and Kev's story is still my favorite (not to say the others were not very good books that I really enjoyed) I cannot wait for Leo's story.  The very last scene of his in Tempt Me at Twilight is enough to drive one crazy thinking about what happened and will happen.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

njoireading wrote:

Although Win and Kev's story is still my favorite (not to say the others were not very good books that I really enjoyed) I cannot wait for Leo's story.  The very last scene of his in Tempt Me at Twilight is enough to drive one crazy thinking about what happened and will happen.

The first book was my favorite. But I'm with you about that last scene in TMaT.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

u-huh

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

I just flew this series and love it so, so much! I honestly can not say which one is my favorite, though.  They are all wonderful in their own way.  I can't stop thinking about these books and the Hathaway family.  I wish there were more of them.  LOL

I felt the same way after I read Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series last summer.

Can anyone recommend more family series like these two? Thanks!

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

I just flew this series and love it so, so much! I honestly can not say which one is my favorite, though.  They are all wonderful in their own way.  I can't stop thinking about these books and the Hathaway family.  I wish there were more of them.  LOL

Hi Mommy-Read-Write!

Mary Balogh just put out a family series in the past year or two:

First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Series) 

Seducing an Angel (Huxtable Series)  

Then Comes Seduction (Huxtable Series)  

At Last Comes Love (Huxtable Series) 

A Secret Affair 

but if you're knew to her and have time to tackle several (amazing) books, try her Bedwyn series:

Slightly Married (Bedwyn Family Series) 

Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Family Series)  

Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Family Series)  

Slightly Wicked (Bedwyn Family Series)  

Slightly Tempted (Bedwyn Family Series)  

Slightly Sinful (Bedwyn Family Series)  

A Summer to Remember (Bedwyn Family Series)  

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

the cynsters? this is the first book:

Devil's Bride (Cynster Series)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Mr. Impossible 
Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

Miss Wonderful

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

Thank you for the recommendations.  I haven't read any of these authors.  I look forward to trying them out once I'm done with Major Pettigrew's Last Stand - which is great so far. 

I'm still thinking about the Hathaway's.  :smileyhappy:

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Mommy-Read-Write, I loved your question. I've been trying to think of family series all day. I know there are several, but of course my mind goes blank. You'll love the Balogh books, I hope!