Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

Adrift...

I find myself in the most uncomfortable position of being a reader without the next great read.  Somehow my focus for many months has been books in a series.  But at the moment I'm all serie-d out.  I've read...

all the HP

all the Twilight

all the Stephanie Plums

Diana Gabaldon

Sara Donati

Julia Quinn

JD Robb

Patricia Cornwell

Ian Rankin

Sandra Gullard

and now I'm adrift.  I feel like that boat without a sail.  I'm completely unfocused and nothing on my TBR list feels exactly right.  This bites! 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Adrift...

How sad to be adrift, I can think of other great series but since you're series'd out I'll mention some great stand alone authors that I love.

Sandra Brown

Elizabeth Lowell

Kathleen Eagle

Kristin Hannah

Barbara Delinsky

Sue Monk Kidd

Heather Graham 

I hope you find something wonderful to read here with my friends. 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

the_mad_chatter wrote:

I find myself in the most uncomfortable position of being a reader without the next great read.  Somehow my focus for many months has been books in a series.  But at the moment I'm all serie-d out.  I've read...

all the HP

all the Twilight

all the Stephanie Plums

Diana Gabaldon

Sara Donati

Julia Quinn

JD Robb

Patricia Cornwell

Ian Rankin

Sandra Gullard

and now I'm adrift.  I feel like that boat without a sail.  I'm completely unfocused and nothing on my TBR list feels exactly right.  This bites! 

Are you much of a paranormal fan? There are several terrific paranormal series that might anchor you ashore!

Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I actually wouldn't mind doing another paranormal series.  I know we've had some threads discussing these so I'll go search there. 

Has anyone read anything from Charlaine Harris?

Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

HI D,

I've read many on your favorites list but I'm going to research the following authors.  I've never read them before.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I usually have so many books on my bedside table and I'm looking for the next great thing.

Kathleen Eagle

Kristin Hannah

Barbara Delinsky

Sue Monk Kidd

becke_davis
0 Kudos

the_mad_chatter wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I actually wouldn't mind doing another paranormal series.  I know we've had some threads discussing these so I'll go search there. 

Has anyone read anything from Charlaine Harris?

I have several of her books in my TBR pile.  I've read all of her Shakespeare, Arkansas books but none of the others.  I know, I know, I'll get to them soon. 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

the_mad_chatter wrote:

HI D,

I've read many on your favorites list but I'm going to research the following authors.  I've never read them before.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I usually have so many books on my bedside table and I'm looking for the next great thing.

Kathleen Eagle

Kristin Hannah

Barbara Delinsky

Sue Monk Kidd

I've never read Kathleen Eagle, but I can vouch for the other three. If you like women's fiction types of romances: family stories with lots of emotion, you should like all these authors.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

If I remember correctly, Kathleen Eagle, like Ruth Wind, writes books that are very strong on emotion and often feature a Native American storyline.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
If I remember correctly, Kathleen Eagle, like Ruth Wind, writes books that are very strong on emotion and often feature a Native American storyline.

I never doubt your memory, Becke! Here's her website. And here's a link for those of you who want to peruse her books.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

the-mad-chatter wote-

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone read anything from Charlaine Harris

Hi, I have read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris starting with Dead Until Dark.  I enjoyed all of the books in the series.

Phyllis
dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

You remembered correctly, she's married to a Lokota and she writes romance and romantic suspense starring Lokata heros and heroines.

Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

the_mad_chatter wrote: Has anyone read anything from Charlene Harris?

Hey Mad Chatter:  Check out the HBO series Pure Blood over at the Paranormal Club.  Charlene Harris, Sookie Stackhouse series are so great that there's a TV show on every Sunday at 9pm my time and On Demand here has the 1st five you can watch anytime.  A little weird and takes getting use to, the show, but for the most part it follows the books.  Anyways, here a list of books I hope you will enjoy:

ANDREWS, ILONA - MAGIC BITES - MAGIC BURNS 

ARMSTRONG, KELLEY - DIME STORE MAGIC - INDUSTRIAL MAGIC - NO HUMANS INVOLVED - BITTEN - HAUNTED - STOLEN - BROKEN

ARTHUR, KERI - CHASING THE SHADOWS - LIFE MATE CONNECTIONS ERYN - TEMPTING EVIL - DANGEROUS GAMES - EMBRACED BY DARKNESS - FULL MOON RISING - HEARTS OF DARKNESS - THE DARKEST KISS - KISSING SIN

BANGS, NINA - NIGHT BITES

BARTLETT, GERRY - REAL VAMPIRES: - HAVE CURVES - GET LUCKY - LIVE LARGE

BLACK, JENNA - THE DEVIL INSIDE - The Devil You Know

BLAIR, ANNETTE - KITCHEN WITCH - SCOT, WITCH , WARDROBE - MY FAVORITE WITCH - SEX & PSYCHIC WITCH

BRIGGS, PATRICIA - ON THE PROWL - MOON CALL - BLOOD BOUND - IRON KISSED

CASSIDY, DAKOTA - THE ACCIDENTAL WEREWOLF - ACCIDENTALLY DEAD

DAVIDSON, MARY JANICE - UNDEAD UNWED - UNDEAD UNEMPLOYED - DERIKS S BANE - HELLO GORGEOUS - DEAD & LOVING IT - UNDEAD & UNWED - DEAD OVER HEELS - UNDEAD UNPOPULAR - UNDEAD & UNAPPRECIATED - SWIMMING W/THE FISHES - SWIMMING WITHOUT A NET- UNDEAD & UNEASY - UNDEAD & UNWORTHY - UNDEAD & UNRETURNABLE 

DOUGLAS, CAROLE NELSON - DANCING WITH WEREWOLVES

FEEHAN, CHRISTINE - DARK HUNTER - LOVER BEWARE - DANGEROUS TIDES - NIGHT GAME - HOT BLOODIED

FOX, ANGIE - THE ACCIDENTAL DEMON SLAYER

GALENORN, YASMINE - GHOST OF A CHANCE - MURDER UNDER A MYSTIC MOON

HALLAWAY, TATE - TALL, DARK & DEAD - DEAD SEXY - ROMANCING THE DEAD

HARRIS, CHARLAINE - DEAD UNTIL DARK - LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS - CLUB DEAD - DEAD TO THE WORLD - GRAVE SIGHT - GRAVE SURPRISE - DEAD AS A DOORNAIL - ALL TOGETHER DEAD - DEFINITELY DEAD

HARRISON, KIM - DEAD WITCH WALKING - THE GOOD BAD & UNDEAD - EVERY WHICH WAY BUT DEAD - A FISTFULL OF CHARMS - FOR A FEW DEMONS MORE

KNIGHT, ANGELA - MASTER OF THE NIGHT - SEDUCTIONS GIFT - MASTER OF WOLVES - HOT BLOODED - MASTER OF THE MOON - OVER THE MOON

KRINARD, SUSAN - KINSMANS OATH - TO TAME A WOLF - LORD OF THE BEASTS

LAURENSTON, SHELLY - PACK CHALLENGE

LIU, MAJORIE M. - SHADOW TOUCH - THE IRON HUNT

MACALISTER, KATIE - EVEN VAMPIRES GET THE BLUES - A GIRLS GUIDE TO VAMPIRES - SEX, LIES & VAMPIRES - SEX & THE SINGLE VAMPIRE - JUST ONE SIP -YOU SLAY ME - THE LAST OF THE RED HOT VAMPIRES - PLAYING WITH FIRE - Light My Fire - Fire Me Up - Holy Smokes

MARSH, KATE - Ghost of a Chance

MCCARTHY, ERIN - DATE W/ THE OTHER SIDE - HIGH STAKES - BIT THE JACKPOT - BLED DRY - SUCKER BET - Fallen

PETTERSSON, VICKI - SCENT OF SHADOWS - THE TASTE OF NIGHT - THE TOUCH OF TWILIGHT

RARDIN, JENNIFER - ONCE BITTEN, TWICE SHY - ANOTHER BITS S THE DUST - BITING THE BULLET - BITTEN TO DEATH

RAYE, KIMBERLY - DEAD END DATING

ROWEN, MICHELLE - BITTEN & SMITTEN - FANGED & FABULOUS - LADY & THE VAMP

RUSSE, SAVANNAH DARKWING: - BEYOND THE PALE - PAST REDEMPTION - IN THE BLOOD - BENEATH THE SKIN - UNDER DARKNESS

SAINTCROW, LILTH - NIGHT SHIFT

SANDS, LYNSAY - A BITE TO REMEMBER - A QUICK BITE - SINGLE WHITE VAMPIRE - LOVE BITES - BITE ME IF YOU CAN - TALL, DARK & HUNGRY - VAMPIRES ARE FOREVER - THE ACCIDENTAL VAMPIRE - VAMPIRE INTERRUPTED 

SHAYNE, MAGGIE - AWAITING MOONRISE - BLUE TWILIGHT - TWILIGHT BEGINS - EDGE OF TWILIGHT - EMBRACE THE TWILIGHT - TWILIGHT HUNGER - PRINCE OF TWILIGHT - DARKER THAN MIDNIGHT - MOON FEVER - AN ENCHANTED SEASON - BORN IN TWILIGHT - WILD THING - SHEER PLEASURE - DEMONS KISS - LOVERS BITES - NIGHTS EDGE 

SPARKS, KERRELYN - HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE VAMPIRE - VAMPS & THE CITY - THE UNDEAD NEXT DOOR - BE STILL MY VAMPIRE HEART - ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A VAMPIRE

WISDOM, LINDA - 50 WAYS TO HEX YOUR LOVER - HEX APPEAL

YORK, REBECCA - CRIMSON MOON - WITCHING MOON - EDGE OF THE MOON - KILLING MOON - BEYOND CONTROL - SHADOW OF THE MOON - NEW MOON - BEYOND FEARLESS

Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

Thank you for your generous list.  I'm printing it up for my TBR list.  I think I'll start with those books that started the Trueblood shows.  I've heard so many good things about it.