0 Kudos

Re: African American Romance Readers

add me kayo2126@gmail.com..
Contributor
foxyTF
0 Kudos

***An update from the author of the original post*****

Due to the fact that I have received an overwhelming response to this post, I now have enough Nook friends to swap books with.  So please do not send me a friend request.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but I was told by B&N that there is no way to delete the post.  Thanks to everyone who responded.

Contributor
apeebles
0 Kudos

I haven't ran across to many African American Romances that are on the lend me book list. Please feel free to add me to your Nook friend list. peeblesangela@ymail.com

Reader 2
mrs_tsray
0 Kudos

I have a lot of AA romance novels willing to lend. mrs.tsray@yahoo.com
Reader
kbsroberts5
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm new to nook, but have aa books, and ir books to lend. Kbsroberts5@yahoo.com.
New User
Robbins_blurp
0 Kudos

Try my book (Nobody's Hostage) Funny, steamy, thriller that holds you all the way through AMAZON BOOKS .COM

I just released it, so tell me what you think.

New User
Robbins_blurp
0 Kudos

Try my book (Nobody's Hostage)  AMAZON BOOKS .COM

I just released it, great thriller, mystery- funny as anything!

New User
0 Kudos

YES!! THAT IS TRUE!! All AFRICAN AMERICAN BOOKS AND AUTHORS... ARE WAY MORE AT BARNES AND NOBLE THAN ANY OTHER SOURCE.  BARNES AND NOBLE COST IS NORMALLY FIVE DOLLARS MORE THAN ANY OTHER STORE CHARGES. 

I GOT A NOOK AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT AND HAVE NOT BEEN PLEASE AT ALL.  BARNES AND NOBLE STAY HAVING TECH PROBLEMS WITH MY ACCOUNT AND THEY DO NOT SUPPORT ANY AFRICAN AMERICAN AUTHORS. THE AFRICAN AMERICAN/BLACK AUTHORS ARE LIMITED. 

THEY ARE NOT THE GIVEN IN THE FREE FOR FRIDAYS! THEY ARE NOT FEATURED IN THE NOOK BLOG! BARNES AND NOBLE DON'T EVEN SUPPORT INDIE AUTHORS. WHY??

WHEN I LOG ON TO MY ACCOUNT  BARNES AND NOBLE SUGGESTION EVERY BOOK THAT I WOULD NOT READ.... WHY B/C MAJORITY OF WHAT I READ ARE BLACK AUTHORS. I AM UPSET ABOUT THIS AND WISH MY GIFT WAS A KINDLE INSTEAD OF NOOK.  I FEEL LIKE I'M GIVING MY HARD EARN MONEY TO A CORPORATION WHO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICAN/ BLACK PEOPLE.  I HAVE TO MAKE SOME DECISIONS ON THIS B/C ITS NOT RIGHT OR FAIR. I CAN'T KEEP SUPPORTING BARNES AND NOBLE.

New User
0 Kudos

I AGREE. I have bought several ebooks but I'm ready to make a change the LACK OF SUPPORT for African American authors is horrible.  what have you decided b/c i think i should make that move too!!

New User
TheGuiltyBookmark
0 Kudos

I know this is an old post, but I have added this book to my every growing to read list. Thanks for the link and information!

New User
TheGuiltyBookmark
0 Kudos

I know that I'm new here but I normally purchase my books thru Amazon.com. I find they have the best variety of ethnic romance novels. I will be launching my blog to the public (www.theguiltybookmark.com) on October 14th and I plan on making it a point to include African-American authors as well as other Ethnic authors in my romance novel reviews.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry that it seems that B&N doesn't offer more ethnic values today but they do feature many ethnic authors like

Jason Mott-http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/The-NOOK-Blog/Guest-Author-Jason-Mott-on-the-Mysteries-Beyond...

Angela Benson-http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/The-NOOK-Blog/Free-Fridays-Sins-of-the-Father-by-Angela-Benso...

I know this doesn't seem like a lot.

I also try to feature a variety of authors from all backgrounds this week I feature three ethnic authors and I have some I'm trying to feature in November. 

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/

And way back in the heyday of the book clubs we featured Sag Harbor by Colson Whitehead- http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/First-Look-Sag-Harbor-with/bd-p/SagHarbor

I also tend to lean toward Harlequin for my ethnic choices and their Kimani house for my African American choices.

I'll try to support your blog also when it goes live