Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
foxyTF

African American Romance Readers

Hi, I'm looking for any readers that enjoy reading African American Romance Fiction that has a Nook.  I would like to become friends with you so we can take advantage of the LEND feature on the Nook.   I have wasted a lot of money with books that were awful.   Yes, I have downloaded the samples, but some times that does not help.   If you are interested, please reply to this post.   Thank You.         

Reader 2
phephesbest28

Re: African American Romance Readers

hello Im interested in the lend me program too. So this would work out I have lotsof books but would like to read others.

Contributor
foxyTF

Hi, thanks for the response.  Here is my e-mail tfoxsmith@gmail.com send me a note so we can hook up..

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Might I suggest you reach out also to goodreads... They have a great blend of people and I'm sure you will find more readers in no time... Maybe even make it a club or a forum... 

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Reader 4
ChaoticSilence

I feel that they charge more for our books than any others, almost triple the going rate for paper books which has me feeling some type of way.  I am not to sure as to how long I will be purchasing any books from B&N  as they are clearly gouging those of us who wish to purchase books by minority authors!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ChaoticSilence wrote:

I feel that they charge more for our books than any others, almost triple the going rate for paper books which has me feeling some type of way.  I am not to sure as to how long I will be purchasing any books from B&N  as they are clearly gouging those of us who wish to purchase books by minority authors!

Is this true? What's the price? Are they trade paperbacks? Because those are always more expensive than mass market sized paperbacks, and that's set by the publishers not B&N or any other retailer.

Contributor
foxyTF
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone for your input.  This post is for readers who read African American Romance Fiction that are looking to hook up with Nook owners and become friends to take advantage of the "Lend" feature.  If you are interested, please reply to the post.   Thank you.

New User
tammy_torres
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've already added you tfoxsmith so this post in intended for new ppl who may read this...

ADD ME!! I love African American Romance novels!! They're the main reason I got a nook. I'd read them once and they'd sit around the house collecting dust.

Any who... my email is tsmith14@tigers.sgc.edu. I'm also on facebook and twitter. Looking forward to lending with you!

Reader
team_kizzee
0 Kudos

Hi! Im new to the nook community. I purchased a nook color for christmas. I am I African American Romance Reader. I also enjoy all books by African Americans.      

Reader 2
Har-mony
0 Kudos

I would like to join with you using the Lend Me.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi all I thought I'd put in my two cents to this group

Harlequin has a group of novels that you might like

Kimani Press and they are all reasonable and available here at B&N

here's the Harlequin link

http://www.harlequin.com/catalogsearch.html?vcname=Catalog_Search&go=Go&tab=items&fltr=0&fltrvalue=k...

New User
KenyaWright
0 Kudos

If you are interested in Paranormal Romance where the main character is an African American female, then I'll give you my two books for free.

Both books' summary and reviews are here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5402447.Kenya_Wright

The books I will give away are here:

Caged View (Habitat .5)

--can simply be downloaded from smashwords.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/141149

Fire Baptized (Habitat 1)

--email me at wrigkenya@gmail.com. I'll email you the ebook. Just put "B&N" in the subject line.

Fire Baptized Book Trailer : http://youtu.be/a28T5HzpGJ4

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Brenda Jackson is another African-American romance author who often has African-Americans as her main characters.

More about her here:  http://www.brendajackson.net/

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

@KenyaWright:

You made a similar post on either the Paranormal and Urban Fantasy board or the Fantasy and Science Fiction board, or both, but those posts have now mysteriously disappeared, as has the reply I posted when you did not respond to my e-mail.  I sent the e-mail to you as instructed on March 14, and when I did not receive the free ebook by e-mail as promised, I sent you a PM here on B&N, to which you also have not replied.

I am posting this here to warn all other board users not to expect you to honor your offer and to suggest that authors who treat prospective readers this way are not deserving of our time.

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

You don’t need a reason to love; but there is always a reason why you hate.  

How does a man love his woman?  Why does he love the way that he does?  What makes a man do the things that he does; think the way that he is? 

Ever wonder why there are some kids men take care of while not their own?  Ever wonder why there are so many deadbeat fathers and why and how this cycle continues?  Men don’t intentionally decide that one day I’m going to grow up and not take care of my children.  

“While I was nothing but a mistake to you; you were everything to me.  You were the man that I wanted to look up to and immolate.  Why couldn’t you love me?”

A man's tale of how living in the shadow of a deadbeat dad affected his relationships with women, self-esteem as a man and avoiding fatherhood. Have you ever wondered why some men treat women the way that they do? It's not always the mother's fault. Get a deeper understanding of how one man becomes a promiscuous, relationship fearing and emasculated man. Can the love of a good woman save him?

Man Up  

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
New User
kayo2126
0 Kudos

Hey guys add me so we can Lend kayo2126@gmail.com. I love reading african american romance novels.

Reader 2
mrs_tsray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have a lot of AA romance novels and would like to try the Lend Me feature. I've never used it so I don't know how it works but would like to lend and borrow as well. My email is mrs.tsray@yahoo.com. Love to be added and will send requests to those in this group to lend.