Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

After Effects of Irene

Hi all you romance fans.

Melanie and her family are having quite the adventure in the aftermath of Irene, they are all fine but have no power and probably won't until at least Thursday, they're taking it in stride and having an adventure.

Let's help her out by blasting all the posts on Romance Reads and show her how much we love her while she's held captive by the storm's effects.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Re: After Effects of Irene

I hope your power returns soon Melanie:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie & Family!

As a person whose been through what y'all are going through during Hurricane Ike, I can certainly empathize.  Doing what y'all are doing and keeping it all in perspective is the best way to handle it.  It's a day by day process.  Hold each other up the best you can.  My well wishes  and prayers for as quick a resolution to everything are with you all.  :smileywink:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Great idea, Debbie! I saw Melanie's tweet about losing power - she must be going nuts!

I think some chocolate might be called for, as well as a frou-frou umbrella drink!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Great idea, Debbie! I saw Melanie's tweet about losing power - she must be going nuts!

I think some chocolate might be called for, as well as a frou-frou umbrella drink!

Becke - I sent her an email today that if she doesn't get power by tomorrow, I'm going to kidnap her and the kids and bring them over for a hot shower/bath. I hope they will get power soon. !!

Anne

Melanie_Murray

Hello! I'm here!!! I'm sitting in the loving glow of ELECTRICITY!!!

Thanks for your patience and funny posts, guys. All told, a few days of no light wasn't so bad. We had water and the stove worked if I lit the gas burners, and since my husband was unable to watch the Yankees I actually wrangled a few date nights out of him. So all it takes for me to get a Scrabble game, undivided concentration, and a glass of wine is a storm that knocks power out of half the homes on the East Coast. :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Thanks for your patience and funny posts, guys. All told, a few days of no light wasn't so bad. We had water and the stove worked if I lit the gas burners, and since my husband was unable to watch the Yankees I actually wrangled a few date nights out of him. So all it takes for me to get a Scrabble game, undivided concentration, and a glass of wine is a storm that knocks power out of half the homes on the East Coast. :smileyhappy:

Yay, you're back.

Wouldn't you know that the moderator for a romance forum would turn loss of electricity into a romatic interlude :smileyhappy:

you devil you

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

You know, that doesn't sound half bad!