Reply
Author
MichellePillow
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎05-11-2010
0 Kudos

Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

We were talking about Amanda Quick on another board. Making a new message so we can move it here.

 

Are you a fan?

Pride and Prejudice: The Wild and Wanton Edition
by Michelle Pillow & Jane Austen ~ Coming Jan 14, 2011

Author of All Things Romance
www.MichellePillow.com
Author
Rose_Lerner
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

I love her!  My favorite is

Deception.  I have always been a big fan of eyepatches.  Although I was disappointed she didn't get to go look for the treasure at the end!

 

Author
MichellePillow
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎05-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

Rose,

 

I think I have a lot of catching up to do. I remember reading her in the 90s. I loved her books. I wish I still had them. The Reckless, Rendezvous, Ravished ones were favorites.

Pride and Prejudice: The Wild and Wanton Edition
by Michelle Pillow & Jane Austen ~ Coming Jan 14, 2011

Author of All Things Romance
www.MichellePillow.com
Author
Rose_Lerner
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

Michelle,

 

Me too!  She started writing Victorians a while back, and I didn't make the transition.  I should really go back and catch up.  I have to admit I have trouble keeping track of the different one-word titles although I loved the books--was Ravished the one about the guy with the scar?  That one was great!

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,827
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

[ Edited ]

 I love all of Jayne's alter egos and my favorite Amanda Quick is actually a short series of three books starring 

 

 

Lavinia Lake and Tobias March, they had three books in their series

 

 

Don't Look Back 

 

Slightly Shady 

 

 

 

 

And once while she was on Center Stage I asked her if she would ever bring them back and she said that they were the least sellers of her historical romances and she almost stopped writing historicals because of that. Then she started her Arcane Society and wham, instant hit.

Author
MichellePillow
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎05-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

 

Rose_Lerner wrote:

Michelle,

 

Me too!  She started writing Victorians a while back, and I didn't make the transition.  I should really go back and catch up.  I have to admit I have trouble keeping track of the different one-word titles although I loved the books--was Ravished the one about the guy with the scar?  That one was great!

 

 

 

At this point, I couldn't tell you. It's been over 10 years. I just remember loving them.

 

Maybe someone who has a copy can tell us---Was Ravished about the guy with a scar?

Pride and Prejudice: The Wild and Wanton Edition
by Michelle Pillow & Jane Austen ~ Coming Jan 14, 2011

Author of All Things Romance
www.MichellePillow.com
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
Posts: 2,066
Registered: ‎10-18-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

im a big fan of hers, my  favorite early amanda quink novel is

Dangerous 

but i also love her historicals in the arcane society

 

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

Deb, I'm with you - I absolutely loved those books. I was so sad that she had to stop writing them. Tobias was my kind of hero.

Reader 4
AvidBookQueen
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎05-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

I've been an AQ fan since 1996... I've read everything of hers, and then when I found she had 2 other genre's I branched out to those as well.  I honestly wasn't a huge fan of contemporary - but by reading the Jayne Ann Krentz I began to like that genre too..... I'll pretty much read anything Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick or Jayne Castle!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,523
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

MichellePillow, Thanks for starting this thread. I was going to but you beat me. This is ok. I love Amanda. I love her books as Jayne Ann.

 

She gives us such great reads. I have read her books for years.

 

Thanks for starting this thread.

 

ReadingPatti

Author
MichellePillow
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎05-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

No problem. :smileyhappy:

 

Her books were some of the first historicals I read, and they really stuck with me.

Pride and Prejudice: The Wild and Wanton Edition
by Michelle Pillow & Jane Austen ~ Coming Jan 14, 2011

Author of All Things Romance
www.MichellePillow.com
Inspired Contributor
bookitID
Posts: 112
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

I've read her novels back in the 90's/early 2000's, so it's been awhile.

 

I'm slowly collecting some of my favorite authors' novels in ebook format (easier to keep/find).  I recently bought several Amanda Quick novels in ebook format.  Next, I will eventually start buying Julie Garwood novels.

 

I have so many paperbacks in my house, that I find it easier to buy ebook format since they take hardly any space (except to make sure that I have backups in case my computer die).

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,827
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

 

bookitID wrote:

I've read her novels back in the 90's/early 2000's, so it's been awhile.

 

I'm slowly collecting some of my favorite authors' novels in ebook format (easier to keep/find).  I recently bought several Amanda Quick novels in ebook format.  Next, I will eventually start buying Julie Garwood novels.

 

I have so many paperbacks in my house, that I find it easier to buy ebook format since they take hardly any space (except to make sure that I have backups in case my computer die).

 

 

Hi bookit, welcome.

Wow I'm jealous, I have recently put an e-reader on my wish list. Nothing will ever compete with the feel of a real book, but I would love to have an e-reader for all those digital reads too.

Inspired Contributor
bookitID
Posts: 112
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Amanda Quick's Historical Fans

 

dhaupt wrote:

 

bookitID wrote:

I've read her novels back in the 90's/early 2000's, so it's been awhile.

 

I'm slowly collecting some of my favorite authors' novels in ebook format (easier to keep/find).  I recently bought several Amanda Quick novels in ebook format.  Next, I will eventually start buying Julie Garwood novels.

 

I have so many paperbacks in my house, that I find it easier to buy ebook format since they take hardly any space (except to make sure that I have backups in case my computer die).

 

 

Hi bookit, welcome.

Wow I'm jealous, I have recently put an e-reader on my wish list. Nothing will ever compete with the feel of a real book, but I would love to have an e-reader for all those digital reads too.

 

 

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't realize B&N had a discussion board until I started messing around on the site while I was investigating whether the nook was something I would like or not. Lo and behold, it had a forum/community...good one too.

 

Anyway, I've been buying ebooks to read on the computer before I finally took the plunge and bought the nook Thursday. The screen on the computer irritate my eyes whenever I read too long, so I figured the nook would help with eye strain. So right now, I'm trying out the nook to see if I like it. So far so good.