Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Announcements and Upcoming Author Events

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Next Wednesday. December 1st, the amazing and wonderful Marjorie M. Liu is going to be here chatting and promoting her new book, In the Dark of Dreams. I am really excited to talk to her about all her books and I hope you all can stop by and make her feel welcome.

Here's a description of the book; it comes out next Tuesday.

She was only twelve when she saw the silver boy on the beach, but Jenny has never stopped dreaming about him. Now she is grown, a marine biologist charting her own course in the family business—a corporation that covertly crosses the boundaries of science into realms of the unknown…and the incredible.

And now he has found her again, her silver boy grown into a man: Perrin, powerful and masculine, and so much more than human—leaving Jenny weak with desire and aching for his touch.

But with their reunion comes mortal danger—from malevolent forces who would alter the world to suit their own dark ends.  For Perrin and Jenny—and all living creatures— their only hope for preventing the unthinkable lies in a mysterious empire far beneath the sea—and in the power of their dreams.

For more about Marjorie, visit her website at www.marjoriemliu.com.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Announcements and Upcoming Author Events

I've spent a lovely two days reading Barbara Freethy's latest Angel's Bay novel, At Hidden Falls. The story of a woman in search of the meaning of her slightly-prophetic dreams, At Hidden Falls, has heart, family, love, fate...in short, anything you could possibly want in a love story. Of course, I invited Barbara to Romantic Reads as soon as I finished the book! She's going to answer some questions for us, and I'll post them on Tuesday, January 25th; this will coincide with the book's release day.

Here's the story description:

Mysterious dreams draw costume designer Isabella Silviera to Angel’s Bay, the California coastal town where angels occasionally dance above the waves. Isabella’s drive to Angel’s Bay would have ended in tragedy when her car slid off a cliff if she hadn’t been rescued by Nick Hartley. As he helps her to safety, she realizes he is the man who has haunted her dreams. Nick, however, is committed to reconnecting with his estranged teenage daughter, refusing to respond to his powerful attraction to Isabella. And Isabella’s police chief brother has his hands full with a missing mother, an abandoned baby, and an unknown father. What is Isabella’s role in the mysteries—both past and present— that swirl around the town?When she starts helping at the Hartley family theater, all the pieces begin to link together. Loves found and lost, heartbreak and happiness, courage and betrayal are all part of the patchwork quilt of the community—and of life. Isabella’s gift is seeing the patterns. . . . 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

It sounds wonderful, Melanie!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Melanie - Ditto, here - I have to work all day on Tuesday, but I'll stop in from time to time if I can...

Anne

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I guess this counts as an announcement - I just saw this list of award winners:

https://jabbic.hbarwa.com/winners_cat.php?y=2010&cat=5

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just discovered the new romance forum over at Macmillan Publishing - I like the blog on the downside of Valentine's Day:

http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/

Heroes and Heartbreakers.com |

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I guess this counts as an announcement - I just saw this list of award winners:

https://jabbic.hbarwa.com/winners_cat.php?y=2010&cat=5

Yay Monica and Angie two of my favs :smileyhappy:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hey all! This week we're going to have a special visit from the author Kimberly Frost, writer of the really funny Southern Witch books. The latest chapter in this series is

Halfway Hexed (Southern Witch Series #3). I'm ashamed to say that these novels were completely off my radar until recently, and they are such fun stories that I wanted to make sure that you all know about them too!

Here are the other books in the series, and there will be more on them when Kim visits this week!

Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch Series #1) 

Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch Series #2)    

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Hey all! This week we're going to have a special visit from the author Kimberly Frost, writer of the really funny Southern Witch books. The latest chapter in this series is

Halfway Hexed (Southern Witch Series #3). I'm ashamed to say that these novels were completely off my radar until recently, and they are such fun stories that I wanted to make sure that you all know about them too!

Here are the other books in the series, and there will be more on them when Kim visits this week!

Oh COOL! I've only read the first one but it was really good!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Oh COOL! I've only read the first one but it was really good!

They're such fun! That's the best word to describe them - very funny, breezy, romantic. I really enjoyed reading them.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I have got the first two books in the series but hadn't realized the third one was coming out. I will have to look and see if the library is going to get it since I can't afford to get it right now.  I really enjoyed them.  She even signed the first book.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I read, I stalked, I booked a visit!

Julie James will be stopping by next week, the first week of March, to answer my adoring questions about A Lot Like Love. My girls were very cooperative last eve and fell asleep early; I did not fall asleep early, rather I stayed up far to late to read this.

More to come next week!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

I read, I stalked, I booked a visit!

Julie James will be stopping by next week, the first week of March, to answer my adoring questions about A Lot Like Love. My girls were very cooperative last eve and fell asleep early; I did not fall asleep early, rather I stayed up far to late to read this.

More to come next week!

OOh looks a lot like sex to me too Melanie, can't wait

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Ooh, I like this author a lot. I've only read one other book by her

Something about You  and it was really good. So I'll definitely have to get this one.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just got this email from Harlequin about the Queen of Western romance

Linda Lael Miller just hit Number 1 on the NYTimes Bestseller list for
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hey folks! I've got some fun stuff coming up in April and wanted to make sure you all knew about it!

On Tuesday April 5th, Kristan Higgins will be here to chat about the heartwarming and highly recommended My One and Only.

The following week I'm dedicating myself to celebrating the Arcane Society. It's about time RR gave this amazing cross-genre paranormal series a little love. Jayne Ann Krentz is the mastermind behind these books and writes them in all three of her guises. She'll be here the week of April 12th to chat the paperback release of Burning Lamp (Arcane Society Series #8) and her upcoming Amanda Quick hardcover, 

Quicksilver (Arcane Society Series #11). I'll be posting something special from her on April 19th, too!

Then, finally, you didn't think I'd let the release of Castleford's book go unnoticed, did you? I am talking, of course, about Madeline Hunter's final story in the Rarest Blooms quartet,

Dangerous in Diamonds. Check in with us the week of April 25th for talk about this book and a message from Madeline herself.

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

I'm really excited for these. Can't wait to hear from Kristan on her new book. Also I love Madeline Hunter's series and can't wait for the last book in that series to come out.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

kmgevans wrote:

I'm really excited for these. Can't wait to hear from Kristan on her new book. Also I love Madeline Hunter's series and can't wait for the last book in that series to come out.

Katie, I so love Madeline and when I read the first book in the series, was it Sinful in Satin? I remember being so absolutely taken with Castleford! I'm psyched he's going to find a lady to tame his wild ways. :smileywink:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

That is so cool Melanie, thanks

becke_davis
0 Kudos

FYI - we're chatting with LORI FOSTER live over at Romance University for another half hour - until 8 Easter, 9 central time. 4/26/2011

Here's the link: http://romanceuniversity.org/2011/04/22/lori-foster-author-chat/