Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Announcements and Upcoming Author Events

Virginia Kantra, who - as most of you know - is one of my favorite authors, asked me to share this with you:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/virginia-kantra/month-long-reader-thank-you-and-giveaway-from-alyssa-... 

Month-long Reader "Thank you!" and Giveaway from Alyssa Day, Allyson James, and Virginia Kantra

Beginning Tuesday, May 3, we're doing a special Facebook cross promotion to celebrate our June releases.

Every reader who "likes" all three of our official author pages will be entered into a drawing to win a NOOK!  All we need to award the prize are 3000 "likes" on each page.  So encourage your friends to join in!

In addition, each Wednesday, one of us will award a special prize package of all three books--signed!--to a selected reader who has "liked" all three author pages and left a comment on that week's special prize author's page.

Alyssa Day's page May 10-May 17

Alyssa Day Fan Page

Allyson James's page May 19-24 

Jennifer Ashley - Allyson James - Ashley Gardner

Virginia Kantra's page May 26-31

Virginia Kantra Books

Please feel free to share/re-post. The sooner we each reach 3000 "likes" the sooner we can award the Nook Grand Prize!

Vampire in Atlantis 

Shadow Walker (Stormwalker Series #3) 

Forgotten Sea (Children of the Sea Series #5) 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

hi guys! My computer has been fixed and we're back in business!

I wanted to let you all know that I've got content coming from authors Loretta Chase and JoAnn Ross, as well as my own take on the new Meredith Duran book, which I loved.

So here are links to the books I've read and will be promoting with the authors:

Silk Is for Seduction  I loved this book and wrote on it over at H2H. Also, I've been devouring Loretta's backlist, one good thing from having no computer was extra reading time.

One Summer (Shelter Bay Series)  This one comes out on Tuesday, July 5th, and I'll have something from the author this week.

A Lady's Lesson in Scandal  A great, great book! More TBA!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

hi guys! My computer has been fixed and we're back in business!

I wanted to let you all know that I've got content coming from authors Loretta Chase and JoAnn Ross, as well as my own take on the new Meredith Duran book, which I loved.

So here are links to the books I've read and will be promoting with the authors:

Silk Is for Seduction  I loved this book and wrote on it over at H2H. Also, I've been devouring Loretta's backlist, one good thing from having no computer was extra reading time.

One Summer (Shelter Bay Series)  This one comes out on Tuesday, July 5th, and I'll have something from the author this week.

A Lady's Lesson in Scandal  A great, great book! More TBA!

Melanie - Glad the computer is fixed ! I like JoAnn Ross a lot and when I realized that #2 book in the Shelter Bay series is coming out on Tuesday, I knew that I had #1 book in my TBR collection, so I started it yesterday - I love it.  The Meredith Duran book looks good too, but I have SO many books yet to read, it may have to wait a while. Have a great 4th...

Anne

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Have you seen her blog? I love it!

http://twonerdyhistorygirls.blogspot.com/

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Will do!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Iris Johansen is visiting the General Fiction forum for a whole week starting tomorrow Wednesday November 2 through Tuedsay November 8th, stop by say hi ask her a question, share some special feeling you've had while reading one of her novels.

She also has an Eve Duncan novel The Killing Game made for TV movie debuting this month on LIfeTime Movie Network

Here are the airdates

Wed Nov 2 at 8 PM

Thu Nov 3 at 12 AM

Tue Nov 8 at 9 PM

Here's more about it

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-killing-game

We'll be discussin Eve as our feature this month

Eve (Eve Duncan Series)  

Here's the link to the Iris thread

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/Please-Welcome-Iris-Johansen-1-NY-...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Filmed by Lori Foster (and friends) at the Barnes & Noble in West Chester, OH at yesterday's ROMANCING THE HOLIDAYS book signing.

Lori Foster First the readers: Judy Flohr, Marcie Robinson, Holly Rieth and Kris Bloom. Then Lindsey Faber and me. Back row, Becke Martin Davis, Jillian Kent & Front row, Denise Gwen, Patricia Sargeant, Michelle Stegman. Next is Kay Stockham, Toni Blake and Jen Sokoloski. Last but not least is Donna MacMeans. I missed Marcia James. :-( She was off talking to random shoppers, I think. LOL

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Seated (L to R): Patricia Sargeant, Donna MacMeans, Michele Stegman, Lori Foster; top right, Toni Blake.
Standing (L to R): Becke (Martin) Davis, Kay Stockham, Jen Sokolowski, Denise Barone, Jillian Kent, Toni Blake 
Far right: Radio DJ - Chris from "Married with Microphones," WGRR radio 103.5

Photo taken by Shiloh Walker 
dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Seated (L to R): Patricia Sargeant, Donna MacMeans, Michele Stegman, Lori Foster; top right, Toni Blake.
Standing (L to R): Becke (Martin) Davis, Kay Stockham, Jen Sokolowski, Denise Barone, Jillian Kent, Toni Blake 

Great Becke, it looks like it was a lot of fun

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Great Becke, it looks like it was a lot of fun

The book signings there are always so much fun. Next one is just before Valentine's Day - I'll be there!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

My Ruthless Prince (Inferno Club Series #4)  Has anyone read this latest book by Gaelen Foley? I did, and loved it, as will any fan of the PTSD hero. Gaelen has agreed to answer some of my questions about the book, and so I wanted to let you all know that I'll have some insider info on the Inferno Club posted at some point in the near future!

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Thats exciting, melanie. I, sad to say, still have the third book to read My Irresistible Earl (Inferno Club Series #3) . Ive had it for months, but my reading has been going so slow the past months, as to almost nonexistent. But i have my ruthless prince and am about to start them

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hi Cheyenne and all,

My Q&A with Gaelen will be up next week! Very exciting. I am a convert to these books and hope you will discover and love them, too.

Melanie

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

I can't wait!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

So this is a new book from an old favorite author writing under a pseudonym...I am so excited to read this I can't even take it. PLUS Lucy has just agreed to answer some questions so there will be a Q&A with Lucy March towards the end of January, just in time for the release A Little Night Magic .
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:
So this is a new book from an old favorite author writing under a pseudonym...I am so excited to read this I can't even take it. PLUS Lucy has just agreed to answer some questions so there will be a Q&A with Lucy March towards the end of January, just in time for the release A Little Night Magic .

I'm sooo excited to read this! I've been following its progress for a long time, and I've read some fabulous excerpts from it. I've had it preordered FOREVER!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just a heads up about a few Q&As that will be coming your way.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Hi all,

Just a heads up about a few Q&As that will be coming your way.

I was lucky enough to get an advance copy of THE WITNESS. I always love Nora Roberts, but this is one of my all time favorites. I LOVE the characters and the premise!