Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

Any time travel / historical romance books?

Can anyone recommend books that are historical romance and time travel? I like stories where the heroine is from the present and ends up back in time.

I also really like historical romance / ghost stories.

My TBR pile is huge... might as well add on a few more...:smileyhappy:

cork_dork_mom
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Re: Any time travel / historical romance books?

cork_dork_mom wrote:

Can anyone recommend books that are historical romance and time travel? I like stories where the heroine is from the present and ends up back in time.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is my absolute favorite !!! I also like the early Karen Marie Moning,  Highlander books:

1. Beyond the Highland Mist (1999)
2. To Tame a Highland Warrior (1999)
3. The Highlander's Touch (2000)
4. Kiss of the Highlander (2001)
5. The Dark Highlander (2002)
6. The Immortal Highlander (2004)
7. Spell of the Highlander (2005)
8. Into the Dreaming (2006)

Beyond the Highland MistTo Tame a Highland WarriorThe Highlander's TouchKiss of the Highlander
The Dark HighlanderThe Immortal HighlanderSpell of the HighlanderInto the Dreaming
There are lots more, but these came to mind. Enjoy...

Anne
dhaupt
0 Kudos

cork_dork_mom wrote:

In addition to Anne's suggestion try Lynn Kurland's books most all of them are historical time travel one way or the other,

One Magic Moment 

One Enchanted Evening 

A Time for Love    

Also Brenda Joyce has a series out with time travel too

Dark Victory (Masters of Time Series #4) 

Dark Embrace (Masters of Time Series #3) 

Dark Rival (Masters of Time Series #2) 

Dark Lover (Masters of Time Series #5) 

Dark Seduction (Masters of Time Series #1)      

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

I've added ALL of these to my wish list...

I think I may need another job just to pay for my books!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

cork_dork_mom
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

A Knight in Shining Armor  If this is not too late, I love Jude Devereaux, A Knight In Shining Armor.  I have read it countless times. 

New User
scura
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a new publication you might like called 'the house' by Sebastiana Randone. 

It is an adult fairy tale, paranormal time travel romance set in the regency era.

available through barnes & noble.

The house is a tale of a woman, so absorbed with historical novels, that her own reality ceases to offer any hope of romance and beauty.

One day this dreamy idealist finds herself in a mysterious forest.  How she arrived there is unknown. She encounters a scary looking house, wherein magical rooms that transport await.

Her first journey is to Georgian England, where she has a confrontation with a nefarious lord, an archetypal embodiment of the monstrous creatures that haunt fairy tales. She escapes, travelling to the regency era in London. A cast of strange and eccentric characters appear.

one day a handsome, despondent poet arrives from Florence.  His introduction to the exotic time traveller offers promise of restoration and love.  There are however a few obstacles ahead, before her destiny in this mysterious adventure is revealed.

In the end a past life connection starts to unveil.  And like all good fairy tales, the ending is unexpected. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Brenda Joyce's Masters of time series is soppsed to be a good series.
New User
49dina1
0 Kudos

Lynn Kurland books are time travel, ghosts and a little humor . She's very good
New User
49dina1
0 Kudos

Cindy Miles has good ghost romance. I'm reading one now where a young lady goes to a castle and the ghost of 700 years past is talking to her. But I just got done another one of hers.. Lynn Kurland is good too.
New User
49dina1
0 Kudos

"His & Hers" - Dawn Calvert
"Somewhere in Time" Barb Bretton
"Timeless Desire" - Gwyn Cready
"Always & Forever" - Cynthia Freeman
"A Hitch in Time - Christine Holden
"Timeless Love" - Judith O'Brien
New User
ebookfan16
0 Kudos

'Flying High' by Jane Toombs and 'Dead Man's Diamond' by Leah Leonard at ExtasyBooks and BN