Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Are you still looking for Fifty Shades-type reads?

Hi everybody!

This is kind of a poll question, I guess, because I'm wondering where you all are with the Fifty Shades boom. I saw today that Maya Banks - who is a terrific writer and has been writing these kinds of stories before E.L. James made erotica mainstream - sold three erotica books about a trio of billionaires who find love.

So are you guys still looking for books like this? Or do you consider the E.L. James books a one-time, amazing reading experience that doesn't put you in the mind to seek out similar books?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Are you still looking for Fifty Shades-type reads?

Which three books are these? I didn't finish the Shades series so I don't know exactly where it ended up.  I know the a couple of books in the Sweet Sereies have some D/s in them.  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

These are brand new books that start coming out in February. I don't know even know if there are final titles yet!

I just wondered if readers were wanting more of these types of stories of if Fifty Shades satisified your need for them.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I've read mostof her contemporaryworld so I'll probably look those when theirreleased.  A couple of books in her Sweet series have elements of D/s.

Contributor
Booknook200TG
0 Kudos

I think the new Banks' books are called something like Fever, Rush, and Burn maybe? But I LOVE, the erotica spin on her stories. Her Colter series is awesome. Pretty much everything she writes is amazing, and re-readable! The Sweet series, is addicting!

Contributor
lilyism
0 Kudos

I found Sylvia Day's Crossfire series is very much like Shades. Eva works as an assistant in an ad agency and Gideon Cross owns just about everything! I actually prefer them to Shades; Gideon Cross is definitely just as droolworthy as Christian Grey. After reading the first one, I just feel like Crossfire could be more of an equal relationship---though there is some dom/sub material there too.

Happy reading!