Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
BRITBRITCOLE
0 Kudos

BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD AND SOOKIE STACKHOUSE ...

can some give me some suggestions along the line of the black dagger brother hood and sookie stackhouse series becouse i absolutly LOVED LOVED LOVED those and i was hoping i could find another series just as good...

ANY SUGGESTIONS ? :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD AND SOOKIE STACKHOUSE ...

Contributor
BRITBRITCOLE
0 Kudos

Thanx lots i'll check'em out :smileyhappy:
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

You should definitely try Christine Feehan's Dark Series or her Drake Sisters books. They're amazing.

Also: Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series and Lara Adrian's books.

Contributor
BRITBRITCOLE
0 Kudos

OMG yall are the best thanx for all the suggestions
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

We've given you reading for a year! :smileyhappy:
dhaupt
0 Kudos

For all you Black Brotherhood groupies out there I read my library copy of and then went out and bought my own copy of the Insiders Guide. It gives you everything you need to know about the "boys", their mates, synopsis of their stories. I mean it's everything we lovers of the brothers need. 

It's awesome and well worth the $15.00 you have to shell out for it. 

Frequent Contributor
hayleylynnv
0 Kudos

how was the black dagger brotherhood series casue right now they are out almost everywhere i was wondering if they were that good that i should order them online or just forget bout them move on and come back to them when in remember them? casue i wnan no if they are worth the 5 dollars it is to pay to get them shipped?
We are young
We have heart
Born in this world as it all falls apart
We are strong
We don't belong
~Hollywood Undead~
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hayleylynnv wrote:
how was the black dagger brotherhood series casue right now they are out almost everywhere i was wondering if they were that good that i should order them online or just forget bout them move on and come back to them when in remember them? casue i wnan no if they are worth the 5 dollars it is to pay to get them shipped?
Well of course to each his own, but I really like them. They are unlike any vampire romance I've read before. The brothers are hard loving, hard fighting rap listening hard a--es. They're all flawed which makes them all the more interesting and enjoyable for this 50 something reader. I would read them in order definitely.
One humble opinion

Message Edited by dhaupt on 03-02-2009 04:18 PM
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

They're that good, especially if you like your heroes to be extraordinarily Alpha.
Frequent Contributor
hayleylynnv
0 Kudos

ok!! like i heard they were good but i didn't no if they were worth the money ill go order them now!! hahah are they like the same people every book or is it like a different narritor very bookk with the same poeple or lik the same narriator each book?
We are young
We have heart
We are strong
We don't belong
~Hollywood Undead~
Melanie_Murray
Frequent Contributor
hayleylynnv
0 Kudos

do you have to read them in order? cause i have the 2nd and 3rd but the first doesn't look like it is anywhere . so i was wondering if i should wait or read the 2nd and 3rd and so on?
We are young
We have heart
We are strong
We don't belong
~Hollywood Undead~
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

As many as you can read in order, the better, though I don't think you'd feel like you were missing anything if you started with the second one. However the hero in the first book is amazing so it's worth the effort to track down a copy.

New User
Mstrdseed
0 Kudos

Laurel K. Hamilton!!

Read her Anita Blake vampire series... and/or the Merry Gentry fairy series

Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
Well of course to each his own, but I really like them. They are unlike any vampire romance I've read before. The brothers are hard loving, hard fighting rap listening hard a--es. They're all flawed which makes them all the more interesting and enjoyable for this 50 something reader. I would read them in order definitely.

One humble opinion

I'm going to have to agree with Debbie 100% here.  Even though vampire characters are complete fantasy, the way she presents the flaws and trials of each character make them seem so real.  Every character has ongoing problems and struggles that keep you interested through the entire series.  I also agree that this is a series that needs to be read in order.  Each book flows into the next and I think you'd be confused if you tried to skip around when you read them.  The way the books tie together is one of the reasons why I enjoy them so much!  You get a little something from each of the main characters in every book whether the book is actually about them or not :smileyhappy:.

Another humble opinion.

Reader
FUFUbell2609
0 Kudos

In my opinion i think you should shell out the money and get all 7 books, plus the insiders guide. You wont want to put them down...and before you know it you will be done with all of her books an begging for more!! Also you should take a look at her new series "Fallen Angels", if you liked the Black Dagger Brother Hood i think you will like this one too! Hope this helped.

Reader
FUFUbell2609
0 Kudos

Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian, AND Nightwalkers by Jacqueline Frank that should keep  you busy for about a couple months maybe one if they catch you and pull you in just like J.R Ward, and the Sookie Stackhouse books..... hope this helped