Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Ch-ch-changes...

Hey all:

Did you see Paul's post over in the Announcements thread? I don't know how many of you frequent the other boards, but they're making some changes to them starting in June. A few are being consolidated, eliminated, etc. As far as I know RR is remaining as is, with yours truly still moderating. But I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't seen it.

Melanie

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Ch-ch-changes...

 

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Hey all:

Did you see Paul's post over in the Announcements thread? I don't know how many of you frequent the other boards, but they're making some changes to them starting in June. A few are being consolidated, eliminated, etc. As far as I know RR is remaining as is, with yours truly still moderating. But I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't seen it.

Melanie

 

 

I saw it and I don't mind telling you I was scared, I've been visiting all my clubs and searching for good byes and I'm so glad yours won't be one Melanie. You have opened my eyes to so many new and fascinating authors and you've taught me so much about romance novels.

Not to mention how much I've enjoyed the camaraderie that I've felt with you and everyone else here at my home away from home The Romance Book Club.

So now my heart can start beating at it's regular pace again.

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Ch-ch-changes...

Debbie, your message is so sweet and just made my morning. I too was a little nervous when I first heard about these things happening, but as far as I know the romance board will continue to add to your TBRs shamelessly. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
Posts: 848
Registered: ‎08-03-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Ch-ch-changes...

dhaupt wrote:

 

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Hey all:

Did you see Paul's post over in the Announcements thread? I don't know how many of you frequent the other boards, but they're making some changes to them starting in June. A few are being consolidated, eliminated, etc. As far as I know RR is remaining as is, with yours truly still moderating. But I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't seen it.

Melanie

 

 

I saw it and I don't mind telling you I was scared, I've been visiting all my clubs and searching for good byes and I'm so glad yours won't be one Melanie. You have opened my eyes to so many new and fascinating authors and you've taught me so much about romance novels.

Not to mention how much I've enjoyed the camaraderie that I've felt with you and everyone else here at my home away from home The Romance Book Club.

So now my heart can start beating at it's regular pace again.

 

Melanie - I too held my breath until I read the announcement - I second Debbie's comments. What would we do without you !!!! But I do feel badly for the members of the other clubs *sigh*. Maybe they'll all start reading romances !! Happy Reading...

 

Anne

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
Posts: 1,151
Registered: ‎07-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Ch-ch-changes...

Do we know yet for sure which clubs are closing?

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Ch-ch-changes...

 

Lexa555 wrote:

Do we know yet for sure which clubs are closing?

 

 

Here's what the announcement said:

 

We'll be combining Epics and Classics as well as Fantasy, SciFi, and Paranormal and we'll be shuttering Religion & Spirituality, Shakespeare, Family Room, and Food & Drink.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
Posts: 1,151
Registered: ‎07-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Ch-ch-changes...

Thanks Melanie. Sorry I didn't actually take the time to read the article before I asked.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Ch-ch-changes...

 

Lexa555 wrote:

Thanks Melanie. Sorry I didn't actually take the time to read the article before I asked.

 

No worries!