Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: DECEMBER FEATURE: The Sweetheart's Knitting Club by Lori Wilde

LWilde wrote:

In the town that Twilight is based on (Granbury, Texas) the entire town square is actually a National Historic landmark. It still looks like it did in 1875. When you're there you can practically see the cowboys and gunslingers walking the streets.

Little known tidbit--one half of the Dixie Cash writing team lives in Granbury and Avon historical author Melody Thomas's great-grandfather was one of the town founders.

How cool! I love this kind of tidbit. I wish I lived closer so I could visit the town.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

LWilde wrote:

Question for everyone:

What's your favorite Christmas Cookie?

There's no Christmas cookie that I'd ever turn down, but my favorite is from a recipe my grandma gave me. It's a chocolate cookie but you bake a Rolo into the center of it. Chocolate and caramel. Perfection.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Lori! Sorry to be late to the party. I started reading your book last night and I LOVE Jesse. Melanie nailed it -- I do love those tortured heroes. Can't stay and chat -- I have to go read!

Author
LWilde
0 Kudos

I do have a book planned for Carrie, but since she's only 22, I'm giving her a little time to grown up first. Remember Carrie's wedding that Flynn had annulled. Well guess who comes back in Carrie's life. <grin> Of course I'll only get to write Carrie's story if the first four books do well.

Lori

Author
LWilde
0 Kudos

hi becke, bye becke.

Author
LWilde
0 Kudos

Wow, wow, wow, I just learned the esteemed Eloisa James picked THE SWEETHEARTS KNITTING CLUB  as one of her top five romance picks of 2009. I am so honored!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Inspired Contributor
kaylami
0 Kudos

Whew!  I just finished The Sweetheart's Knitting Club this morning.  Now I can get on with my Christmas preparations.  I just couldn't put it down.  I live in a small town with a garden club, a scrapbook club and a quilt club.  I loved this first book in the series and can't wait for the rest.  I hope in the future books we'll get a glimpse of the progress of Jesse and Flynn's relationship.

Thanks Lori for a fun book with the perfect amount of heat!  And if you're still checking, my favorite Christmas cookie is the perfect SOFT sugar cookie with plenty of butter cream frosting.  (Of course the shape makes the cookie all the more fun.  According to my kids, the tree shape is the best.)

Kayla