Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Cryssun

Erotica, not smut

So, uhmm, I'm almost embarrassed to say, but I like me some extra hot love scenes. I know some of you know what I'm talking about. The extra explicit and detailed ones. The problem is that most of those have a weak two page story line in between 200 pages of sex, and that's not what I'm looking for.  I absolutely adore and love J.R. Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lisa Kleypas, Kresley Cole, Christine  Warren, Lori Foster, and Gena Showalter-although to me they are a little more tame in the sex scene department. I'm looking for more authors like Lora Leigh, Christine Feehan, and Angela Knight. So any suggestions will be sooo appreciated as summer is just around the corner and I will desperately need a 'mommy getaway' in between lessons, games, and (groan) camping trips!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Erotica, not smut

[ Edited ]

Tempt the Devil 

Untouched   Add these to your pile:

Tall, Dark and Deadly   Hard and Fast   Flat-Out Sexy   Mine to Possess   Slave to Sensation   Hostage to Pleasure   Visions of Heat   Caressed by Ice   Ritual Sins  

Message Edited by becke_davis on 05-13-2009 03:09 PM
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Welcome to the board, Cryssun! All Becke's suggestions are great plus try Toni Blake. If you like historicals, Madeline Hunter might be for you.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention Shiloh Walker! Here's her latest: Chains  
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oh good grief -- how could I forget Toni and Shiloh?  Both of those ladies are in my local RWA chapter, and both are great writers!  I'd add Charlene Teglia, too.

All of these ladies write really hot books, but also have some that are classified in other genres.  Toni's hottest books are written under the pen name Lacey Alexander.  Shiloh writes both erotica and romantic suspense (and more -- she's prolific), and Charlene has some books that are more romance than erotica.  I like them all! 

Animal Attraction   Satisfaction Guaranteed   Wicked Hot   Chains   Hot Spell   Whispered Secrets   Hunters   The Bikini Diaries   Seven Nights of Sin   Brides of Caralon   Tempt Me Tonight   Swept Away  

Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

A couple that I've read recently... 

Wild, Wicked, and Wanton 

Colter's Woman 

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

Add this one to the list:

Animal Attraction  

Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Cryssun wrote:

So, uhmm, I'm almost embarrassed to say, but I like me some extra hot love scenes. I know some of you know what I'm talking about. The extra explicit and detailed ones. The problem is that most of those have a weak two page story line in between 200 pages of sex, and that's not what I'm looking for.  I absolutely adore and love J.R. Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lisa Kleypas, Kresley Cole, Christine  Warren, Lori Foster, and Gena Showalter-although to me they are a little more tame in the sex scene department. I'm looking for more authors like Lora Leigh, Christine Feehan, and Angela Knight. So any suggestions will be sooo appreciated as summer is just around the corner and I will desperately need a 'mommy getaway' in between lessons, games, and (groan) camping trips!!

I agree 100%!!!  There's nothing worse than a romance novel where the writer leaves too much to the imagination in the love scenes!  I've been able to pick up some suggestions from this post, so thanks!
Message Edited by jlrouse on 05-17-2009 02:33 PM
Contributor
Codie_Wallace
0 Kudos

Another good one that isn't really Romance that I find to have ALOT of 'love scenes' in it are the Laurell K. Hamilton Merry Gentry Series. The first one is Kiss of Shadows.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Codie_Wallace wrote:
Another good one that isn't really Romance that I find to have ALOT of 'love scenes' in it are the Laurell K. Hamilton Merry Gentry Series. The first one is Kiss of Shadows.
You're very correct that LKH's Merry Gentry series is not romance but it definitely is a love story and you're also very correct that the love scenes are some of the hotttttestttt I've read. OOh and I like them very much.

New User
Linda_Krietz
0 Kudos

Hi Cryssun-

I was in the same boat. Thanks to everyone for these new suggestions for full-lengths!

If you are ever looking for incredibly hot (but romance/couple-centric) erotica in short story form, check out Chastity Lane. I just discovered her and am loving it!! Info below:

Island Ecstasy (Anthology)

Lush

Contributor
lavenderLH
0 Kudos

Then you should try new author Liza Black, I just read it and it is so hot. The book is called. Diary of Nym. Really Hot. Did I say it was hot?

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

I'd recommend Lauren Dane's books. She and Lora Leigh were the first erotica books I ever read. If you like paranormal as well Dana Marie Bell's books are also very good though more along the lines of Cole and Showalter for the sex scenes. I'll have to check my book lists as those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head but I know there are more that I've enjoyed :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Also try Susan Johnson and Thea Devine.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.