Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

Feeling guilty about not wanting to finish series

My head is hung slow.. I've finally gotten a copy of Diana Gabaldon's last book "An echo in the bone." I've started reading it and find that I just really am not interested in finishing it. It's been SO long since "Breath of snow and ashes" that I just have lost my interest. I feel bad because this is my favorite series. I've found so many other good books to read that I just can't make myself sit down and face 820 pages.

Have any of you ever ran into this problem? Series are enjoyable but when there's such a gap between installments does the author run the risk of loosing readers?

cork_dork_mom
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Re: Feeling guilty about not wanting to finish series

its happened to me a few times...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

I've definitely had that happen to me. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood. But... it might be three days, three months or three years before I dive into the series again and WOW, I'm ready for it and enjoy the books.  I've too have had Echo in the Bone sitting on my TBR pile in my Nook for a few months now and haven't started it.  But I know it will be there when I'm ready.

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

I am glad I am not the only one! I feel horrible when I don't finish a book. NOt sure why. Usually I just can't get into the book, its too long or boring and I just stop. I feel like it's a crime or something!

But hey, maybe you will want to read it later in life. Or you can donate to your library or a bookstore too, so at least there is a plus to it. :smileyhappy:

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

sorry bout the short post earlier...

it happens to me, not often,but its not really rare.

i hate when i dont finish a book because i feel like i failed or something, lol

and the thing is, i know when i do come back and evntually read it, ill love it.

it happened with the last book in heidi betts' trilogy, knock me for a loop, most recently

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"