Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

Finding a series comparable to Black Dagger Brotherhood??

I was just curious to see if anyone has any suggestions of a series comparable to Black Dagger?  My MIL got me hooked on them and now I'm done reading the series (for the 2nd time).  Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

Re: Finding a series comparable to Black Dagger Brotherhood??

First let me ask you, do you like the vamp part or just the paranormal.

If you just like the vamp part you might try Christine Feehan's Dark series, if it's the whole paranormal thing let me know and I have some great suggestions. 

Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

Good question...  I'd be open to other suggestions as well, as the BDB was the first paranormal book that I'd read.  I found them intriguing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Okay then, here are my picks for you.

Karen Marie Moning her Fever series is really good but a little dark, unlike her Highlander series which has very hunky immortals and good romance.

Laurell K Hamilton has two paranormal series, 1 staring a vampire slayer Anita Blake and one staring a fairy princess Merry Gentry.

Christina Dodd has a Darkness Chosen paranormal series very good.

Heather Graham has some good paranormal novels staring all manner of creatures check out her website for that.

And of course the queen her self Nora Roberts has several trilogies that are paranormal which are very good.

Hope that helped you. 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Christine Feehan also has a series about seven sisters who are witches, called the Drake Sisters series, that is very good.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Check out the vampire books by Teresa Medeiros and Kathryn Smith, and the latest series by Nalini Singh.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Also try Cheyenne McCray. Her magic series is really good.
Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'm excited to get some new books.

0 Kudos

Lynn Viehl's Darkyn Series and Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series are also great reads.
Author
SophiaNash1
0 Kudos

You might also try and get some of J.R. Ward's Harlequin stories written under the name: Jessica Bird. I read some of the Moorehouse Legacy series and they are excellent. One of them is even a RITA Award winner...

Learn more about Love with the Perfect Scoundrel.

Discover all Sophia Nash titles.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've read all of the Jessica Bird books, and while they were very different from the J.R. Ward series, they all ended up in my "keeper" pile.

SophiaNash1 wrote:
You might also try and get some of J.R. Ward's Harlequin stories written under the name: Jessica Bird. I read some of the Moorehouse Legacy series and they are excellent. One of them is even a RITA Award winner...

Author
SophiaNash1
0 Kudos

Becke,

I thought the last couple of her Harlequin series where similar in "tone" and "voice" to her blackdagger brotherhood. I haven't read her earlier single title "bigger" contemporaries, which I've been told are very unlike the blackdagger books. Sadly, I haven't seen any mention of more Harlequin books. They were really good, IMHO...

Learn more about Love with the Perfect Scoundrel.

Discover all Sophia Nash titles.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Here's a link to the Jessica Bird website:  http://www.jessicabird.com/ 

And, if I didn't post these somewhere already, here are links to the books: 

An Irresistible Bachelor  An Unforgettable Lady  Heart of Gold  

Beauty and the Black Sheep (Silhouette Special Edition #1698)  The Billionaire Next Door (Silhouette Special Edition #1844)  From The First  His Comfort and Joy (Silhouette Special Edition #1732)  Leaping Hearts  A Man in a Million  

Here's her biography page.  She lives in Kentucky -- we're practically neighbors!

http://www.jessicabird.com/webpages/jb-bio.html 

Message Edited by becke_davis on 01-19-2009 08:00 PM
Contributor
In_Love_With_Acheron
0 Kudos

The Black Dagger Brotherhood was my first paranormal romance series too, If your trying to stick with Vampires I would try out The Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks. Those were amazing and there are already 2 more on the way. But if you intrested in trying out all aspects of paranormal romance i'd read the Dark hunter Series By Sherrilyn Kenyon, They are by far my favorite, but in a close second is the Nightwalkers Series by Jacquelyn Frank, theres a pretty wide range of paranormal beings in those.

Hope I helped a little

~Kate

New User
vampiredoll
0 Kudos

I love the Black Dagger Brother series I have read a few of the books I'm on Butch's story my fav so far is Z's story. I think if you like BDB you would really enjoy the Argeneau series by Lynsay sands this series is my all time favorite I love it. Also try Kerrelyn Sparks The undead next store.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

It's been a while since we talked about comparable series for DBD, but I think readers will like this by Shannon K. Butcher. My first Butchers were her suspense novels, which are invenitve, fresh, and completely gripping. I read the fifth Sentinel book over the summer and am eager to get my hands on the previous four and for others to discover them!

(Also, her husband is Jim Butcher, so yeah. A talented pair. And they were high-school sweethearts!)

Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars Series #1)  

Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars Series #2)  

Running Scared (Sentinel Wars Series #3)  

Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars Series #4)  

Bloodhunt (Sentinel Wars Series #5)  

Reader
CoriNicar
0 Kudos

Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laura Wright, Thea Harrison, Kresley Cole, Gena Showalter. JR Ward is still my fav!  Check out JR Wards website and it will give you a link to her yahoo message group where other fans talk about authors they enjoy.

Corinne

New User
HBICAZ
0 Kudos

I feel your pain!!  Unfortunately there really isn't anything quite as good out yet.  But I can make a couple suggestions of maybe a new addiction.  Try the Dark Series by Christine Feehan, or the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon.  Those should be enough to stop you from thinking of Z, or Hollywood for awhile anyway.  Hope it helps.