Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Wicket
0 Kudos

Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

OK ...
I just finished Agnes and the Hitman ..... I think I might have wet my pants a time or two reading that book lol. My hubby just kept looking at me as I am chortling and snickering and out right laughing ..... it's a good thing he thinks I am cute or I might have embarrassed myself lol .... this is a fabulous read (IMO) ...
Anyone else have one they just could not put down because it was so funny??? I would love to add them to my TBR pile :smileyvery-happy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

When picked up the first shopaholic book by Sophie Kinsella I thought I would die laughing, imagine I was interrupting my husbands tv watching because I was laughing so long and loud. I think that was the funniest so far.
Bye the way Sophie will be featured on the Center Stage thread next week stop by and talk to her.

Deb
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

I thought Playing James by Sarah Mason was hysterical.  Character quirks, dialogue, descriptions...I've read this book at least 5 times and really more when you count the times I've just read favorite scenes.  I recommend this book highly!!!! 
Reader 2
bluewings24
0 Kudos

I just finished reading a The Future Widows' Club by Rhonda Nelson that my friend sent me telling me i needed to read it asap and I'm glad I did.  I could not put it down.  I was rolling with laughter, sometimes til i was crying but there were also a few sad parts but over all it was hilarious.  Good thing my neighbors were out they'd think I'd gone mad!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

i love that title! I would buy that book on that alone!

bluewings24 wrote:
I just finished reading a The Future Widows' Club by Rhonda Nelson that my friend sent me telling me i needed to read it asap and I'm glad I did.  I could not put it down.  I was rolling with laughter, sometimes til i was crying but there were also a few sad parts but over all it was hilarious.  Good thing my neighbors were out they'd think I'd gone mad!

Reader 2
bluewings24
0 Kudos

I agree the title is what had me opening the book after i got it out of the wrapping! 
I just thought of some authors i go to when i'm looking for a lighthearted romance that'll also make me laugh.  Sandra Hill, Susan Andersen, Rachel Gibson.  

Author
EloisaJames
0 Kudos

I turn to Susan Elizabeth Phillips when I want a laugh-aloud read (though I just added the two titles above to my list!).  Nobody's Baby but Mine is a good one, or really -- any of hers.

Eloisa

Learn more about A Duke of Her Own.

Discover all Eloisa James titles.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Going back to the first post on this thread, I got hooked on Jennifer Crusie's books last summer.  I was in Las Vegas bumming around while my husband was in meetings.  I found a great little bookstore (yes, in Las Vegas!) and picked up a couple of Crusie's out of curiosity.

I started reading one of the books (I think it was Tell Me Lies) and embarrassed myself by bursting into laughter when I was sitting by myself.  The next day, I was reading Fast Women by the pool (with one of those frou-frou cocktails to make it completely decadent), sitting in a corner where I was separate from all the families and kids.

Suddenly I realized it had gone very quiet.  I looked around and noticed a guy cleaning the pool -- everyone had gone and they were about to lock the gates!  I know I get sucked into books, but that was unusual even for me!

Other authors that will make you laugh include Lani Diane Rich, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Elizabeth Bevarly, Sophie Kinsella -- heck, sometimes Nora Roberts even makes me laugh out loud (that happened to me a couple times in the second book of the Three Sisters Island trilogy).

Message Edited by becke_davis on 03-30-2008 11:40 AM
Author
Eve_Silver_aka_Eve_Kenin
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I guess I'll jump right in. It would vbe tough to pick a funniest book EVER, but I'll throw Jennifer Crusie's WELCOME TO TEMPTATION, just about anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and Christopher Moore into the mix :smileyhappy:

Eve
http://www.evesilver.net
DEMON'S KISS~RT Top Pick
DARK PRINCE~RT Top Pick
http://www.evekenin.com
DRIVEN~Publishers Weekly starred review

Learn more about Demon's Kiss.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just checked out Demon's Kiss -- looks like I'm going to have to order your books, too.  You all can't imagine how big my TBR pile is now.  It's pretty embarrassing, actually.  Publishers must love me.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Jennifer Crusie is my default laugh-out-loud writer. I always guffaw loudly when I read her!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I was trying to figure out which of Jennifer Crusie's books were the ones that made me laugh out loud.

I think the two I laughed at the most were Faking It and Fast Women.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I laugh at all of them. Her dialogue knocks me out. Lani's book make me laugh, too. And I'm pretty sure I laughed out loud at the bank robbers in Hot by Julia Harper.

becke_davis wrote:
I was trying to figure out which of Jennifer Crusie's books were the ones that made me laugh out loud.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:
I laugh at all of them. Her dialogue knocks me out. Lani's book make me laugh, too. And I'm pretty sure I laughed out loud at the bank robbers in Hot by Julia Harper.

becke_davis wrote:

I picked up Hot at random and loved it.  What got me was the way the heroine got to know the hero over the phone long before they met in person.  The way the author generated all that heat without them even meeting each other explains the title of the book!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

My faves are Crazy for You and Bet me, and I also really like her collaborative work with Bob Mayer. And actually Fast Women was my least favorite.
Author
Eve_Silver_aka_Eve_Kenin
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
I just checked out Demon's Kiss -- looks like I'm going to have to order your books, too.  You all can't imagine how big my TBR pile is now.  It's pretty embarrassing, actually.  Publishers must love me.

I know exactly what you mean. My TBR is enormous and growing by the second! And based on this discussion, I've just added Julia Harper's HOT.
http://www.evesilver.net
DEMON'S KISS~RT Top Pick
DARK PRINCE~RT Top Pick
http://www.evekenin.com
DRIVEN~Publishers Weekly starred review

Learn more about Demon's Kiss.
Contributor
barefoot_countess
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I really love "You're Stepping on My Cloak and Dagger" by Roger Hall. It's about the OSS, which was the CIA in WWII. The whole book had me laughing, and my husband in tears trying to read out loud to me. He takes the idea of a very serious job ("Above and beyond top secret") and shows how the poor U.S. had no idea what they were doing with intelligence when they first started. It isn't really romantic, although he is always trying to meet new girls and has the most hysterical things to compliment them about.

Message Edited by barefoot_countess on 03-31-2008 07:08 PM
Frequent Contributor
dghobbs
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Becke,

Just seeing the titles of these Wonderfully funny novels, made me smile!! Jennifer Crusie is a delightful writer.

I just read Lani Rich's "The Fortune Quilt." I thought from the cover that it would be terribly serious, and was pleasantly surprised at how sweet and funny it was. :smileyhappy:Doug
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dghobbs wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Becke,

Just seeing the titles of these Wonderfully funny novels, made me smile!! Jennifer Crusie is a delightful writer.

I just read Lani Rich's "The Fortune Quilt." I thought from the cover that it would be terribly serious, and was pleasantly surprised at how sweet and funny it was. :smileyhappy:Doug

Covers can be so frustrating.  I also had a completely wrong idea what that book was going to be like. I absolutely loved it  (The Fortune Quilt).  Have you read her latest, A Little Ray of Sunshine? Wonderful!
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

Life Laughs by Jenny McCarthy was definitely the most hilarious book i have ever read!!!
Shannon~