Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Author
J_Stephens
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎04-21-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)



Wicket wrote:
OK ...
I just finished Agnes and the Hitman ..... I think I might have wet my pants a time or two reading that book lol. My hubby just kept looking at me as I am chortling and snickering and out right laughing ..... it's a good thing he thinks I am cute or I might have embarrassed myself lol .... this is a fabulous read (IMO) ...
Anyone else have one they just could not put down because it was so funny??? I would love to add them to my TBR pile :smileyvery-happy:
 


I went to a meeting at my local RWA (Romance Writers of America) group and Sabrina Jeffries was talking about sexual tension.  She mentioned a book called "Lord of Scoundrels."  I picked it up that same night and it was honestly one of the funniest and best books I have ever read.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and don't even loan it out to friends because I want to keep my copy.
 
I think you would like it!
 
Julianna


Learn more about Escaping The Past.
Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)



J_Stephens wrote:

I went to a meeting at my local RWA (Romance Writers of America) group and Sabrina Jeffries was talking about sexual tension.  She mentioned a book called "Lord of Scoundrels."  I picked it up that same night and it was honestly one of the funniest and best books I have ever read.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and don't even loan it out to friends because I want to keep my copy.
 
I think you would like it!
 
Julianna


By Loretta Chase?
Author
J_Stephens
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎04-21-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)



Melanie_Murray wrote:


J_Stephens wrote:

I went to a meeting at my local RWA (Romance Writers of America) group and Sabrina Jeffries was talking about sexual tension.  She mentioned a book called "Lord of Scoundrels."  I picked it up that same night and it was honestly one of the funniest and best books I have ever read.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and don't even loan it out to friends because I want to keep my copy.
 
I think you would like it!
 
Julianna


By Loretta Chase?



Yes.  By Loretta Chase.  The characters are quirky but brilliant.  I actually laughed out loud when I read it.  My husband thought I was nuts.
 
 


Learn more about Escaping The Past.
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

I ordered several of these books today.
Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

We should start a thread called "Books Becke Ordered Today." :smileyhappy:


becke_davis wrote:
I ordered several of these books today.



Frequent Contributor
Lynnn36
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎03-08-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

OMG! I still laugh over the cereal scene in Nobody's Baby but Mine. I love Susan Elisabeth Philips!
 
Lynn
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)



Melanie_Murray wrote:
We should start a thread called "Books Becke Ordered Today." :smileyhappy:


becke_davis wrote:
I ordered several of these books today.


You say that, but if you could see my TBR pile, it really isn't all that funny!  There aren't enough hours in the day...



Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎01-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

I covet your TBR pile!
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

My TBR pile runneth over and over and over
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)



dhaupt wrote:
My TBR pile runneth over and over and over

I think you hexed me -- mine tipped over which had a domino effect and all my stacks fell over and ended up all over the place.  What a mess!  But also fun because I realized I had more books behind these stacks.  (I know, I know...) (Am I the only one who is addicted to Craig Ferguson's late night show?)
 
But I have vowed to get organized.  I can't work on the pile yet (not by reading, anyway) because I just got the new Kresley Cole and I'm reading that tonight!  But I've decided to sort out my TBRs into contemporary romance, historical romance (this is your fault, Eloisa), paranormal, mystery, history and all others  (I bought Craig Ferguson's book -- not sure which pile that goes in).
 
I would get another book case but there is nowhere to put another bookcase.  I need to read faster!
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
Posts: 2,066
Registered: ‎10-18-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

jennifer crusie and susan elizabeth phillips...soo funny...io was just tihnking as i read breathing room how great susan sep is at humor...
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
Posts: 57
Registered: ‎05-09-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)


Wicket wrote:
OK ...
I just finished Agnes and the Hitman ..... I think I might have wet my pants a time or two reading that book lol. My hubby just kept looking at me as I am chortling and snickering and out right laughing ..... it's a good thing he thinks I am cute or I might have embarrassed myself lol .... this is a fabulous read (IMO) ...
Anyone else have one they just could not put down because it was so funny??? I would love to add them to my TBR pile :smileyvery-happy:

 

I agree 100% that book was hilarious.  I got the same looks from my husband because there are so many parts of that book where you can't help but laugh out loud.  I'd also add anything by Janet Evanovich...especially the Stephanie Plum series.  Those books are hilarious!  I got in trouble in College for laughing out loud while reading "Three to get Deadly" :smileyvery-happy:.  The part when she talks about poking herself in the eye with a Turkey baster instead of going out with a guy gets me everytime!  The "Sookie Stackhouse" series by Charlaine Harris is pretty funny too, but in a different way. 
Correspondent
momgee
Posts: 584
Registered: ‎07-24-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Funniest book EVER lol .....(what's yours?)

I have to agree about Evanovich. I just finished Plum Spooky and even my hubby kept saying, "it can't be THAT funny." Oh yes, it was! Carl the monkey, EEP. Hysterical.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx