Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Good Romance...More Erotic

Okay I admit it I've been trying to get into Er-Rom. My problem is that the one's I'v attempted to read to me anyway are smut. They just say dirty words during the act. I won't mention the author's names.

But could someone point me in the direction of really good writing with very sizzling romance scenes where the participants aren't deviants and just try to enhance the "deed" by putting in a lot of smutty, dirty words.

Now don't get me wrong I'm no prude and don't cringe at the f word or anything like that, but come on just give me some really great dialogue to describe the intimacy. Oh and I want it to be mainstream romance, one hero one heroine no threesomes etc..

I hope that's not too much to ask for.

Here's an example I love Laurel K Hamilton's Merry Gentry series and that is very erotic and I know it involves more than two people but I think the circumstances are different there.

So HELP

Thanks

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You might like this one -- it was definitely super hot, but a strong romance, too:

Wicked Burn

New User
JennyLJL
0 Kudos

I'm new to reading romance and have gotten stuck on reading Lora Leigh books and have really enjoyed them, with one of the series being more erotic than the other two I've read.  I do not like paranormal romance so I have not read those by her.  I'm also not interested in historical romance or vampire series and without looking every author up that is listed here, I don't know who writes what.  Would anyone be able to suggest books similar to Lora Leigh's Elite Ops and Navy Seals series and especially ones similar to Wicked Pleasure and Only Pleasure.  Thanks!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You should also check out Sarah McCarty's books -- different from Lora Leigh's, but really good!

New User
DeeKay79
0 Kudos

Good Selection.. i  enjoy all of those... i also enjoy

Emma Holly

Elizabeth Amber

MARILYN LEE (www.marilynlee.org)(fav author when it comes to all that erotic stuff)

Christine Warren OMG!! i just wanna shake her hand!

Eve Vaughan

Nia K. Foxx

Lavey Thorn

Joey W. Hill

dang Lacey Danes.. that gurl is off tha hook!

and many others..

I love to read, Cause its the only way I will get a vacation!

http://sites.google.com/site/marilynleefanclub/
becke_davis
0 Kudos

You need to wear asbestos gloves while reading these, they are so hot:

What She Needs by Lacey Alexander: Book Cover

The Bikini Diaries by Lacey Alexander: Book Cover

See Inside!

New User
Jody_Hart
0 Kudos

All great recommendations!!!  I can't wait to dive into all these novels.  I plan on diving into Charlene Teglia's lastest release.  Looks like my kind of fun....LOL  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jody!! It's great to see you here! I love everything Charlene writes -- one of my favorites is Yule Be Mine. I like her super-hot books but I also like her hot and snuggly stories, like Catalyst, and I found a couple of those by accident when the cover made me expect something hotter. Anyway you look at it, Charlene is a wonderful writer!

When Sparks Fly

Catalyst

Out of This World Lover

EC

The Gripping Beast

Wicked Hot

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Miss Lonely Hearts

Animal Attraction

Claimed by the Wolf

Naughty Nights

Trick or Treat 

Wild Wild West

New User
shoofly123
0 Kudos

I am very picky about my romance/erotica. It has to have a great storyline--not just a book full of sex. I am not into reading about bondage or 3 somes or anything kinky. Therefore my list would include:

Sarah McCarty--Her Promises books and her Hell's Eight books---western erotica

Erin McCarthy--she has 2 or 3 books that involve racecar drivers--very hot

Lisa Marie Rice---Her male characters are to die for---very alpha Special Ops Military types

Sylvia Day---contemporary hot romance/erotica--love Don't Tempt Me and The Stranger I Married

Robin Schone--The Lady's Tutor, The Lover, and Gabriel's Woman---very hot

Laura Leone--Fever Dreams and Falling from Grace--my favorite--heart wrenching and hot

Jess Michaels--Taboo and Something Reckless

Shelby Reed--The Fifth Favor--about a male prostitute that finds love--great story line

Some books that are hot but not necessarily labeled erotica are:

J R Wards---paranormal--Black Daggerhood Books---awesome and simply the best in urban fantasy/paranormal--read them in order!!Dark, edgy and controversial! She needs to have a series or movie made of her books---she woud rake in the dough!

Kresley Cole--Any of her paranormals and she has very hot historicals

Sherrilyn Kenyon--paranormal--awesome writer--right up there with JR Ward's BDB books---read them in order--hard to pick a favorite of her books--probably Acheron--wish they would make a movie of it.

Lara Adrian--new author for me---paranormal--similar writing to JR Ward's books

Anne Stuart---contemporary--all her Ice books are great

Pamela Clare---contemporary---Special Ops/Miliary men--Unlawful Contact--my very favorite

Contributor
Maggie7
0 Kudos

Hi Kate,

I also recommend JR. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series but you really should start from the beginning, Dark Lover and so on. Also Erin McCarthy's Flat Out Sexy and the second book in the Race Car Driver's series, Hard and Fast. They were funny, sexy and the guys were HOT!! JR's series is Vampire Paranormal romance, Erin's is contemporary. I recently read House of Dark Delights by Louisa Burton. This is definitely very erotic and I didn't know what to expect but I was presently surprised. It is erotic paranormal romance but definitely had a story or stories that kept me interested. There are 3 more books that follow it, Bound in Moonlight, Whispers of the Flesh and In the Garden of Sin. I read the first three which I enjoyed throughly and the Garden of Sin is in my TBR pile. Read the reviews on all these books if you want more info. Happy Reading,

Maggie Devoted Romance Fan

Contributor
Lucky13624
0 Kudos

Re: Good Romance..More Erotic

shoofly123 wrote:

Lara Adrian--new author for me---paranormal--similar writing to JR Ward's books

I LOVE her Midnight Breed series! She does have a writing style very similar to JR Ward's so if you like the Blackdagger Brotherhood books (or any of her books really) then I would recommend checking out Lara Adrian's too.

I also recommend Jacqueline Frank's Nightwalker and Shadowdweller series. When starting either of these though I would say to start with Jacob in the Nightwalker series and read though those before starting the Shadowdweller books as there are a few references to some of the characters from previous books. The next set of books is about The Chosen and starts with Hunting Julian

Contributor
clreader
0 Kudos

I just discovered Christy Reece-not quite erotica but very hot and very good!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Christy Reece is one of the authors who will be visiting B&N's Mystery Book Club in February. I'm having a Month of Romantic Suspense with different authors visiting every day. 

In February's Month of Romantic Suspense, visiting authors will include:

*Mariah Stewart

*Annie Solomon

*Anne Stuart

*Laura Griffin

*Pamela Clare

*Jayne Ann Krentz

*JoAnn Ross

*Carla Neggers

*Allison Brennan

*Tara Janzen

*Debra Webb

*J.T. Ellison

*Roxanne St. Claire

*A debut romantic suspense duo, Deeanne Gist and J. Mark Bertrand

*Kay Thomas

*Deanna Raybourn

*Jordan Dane

*Toni McGee Causey

*Sharon Sala

*Susan Crandall

*Christy Reece

*Cindy Gerard

*Stella Cameron

*Nina Bruhns

*And, on Valentine's Day, our featured author will be SUZANNE BROCKMANN. Suzanne will visit with us live from noon to 1 p.m. to chat, and she will respond to comments later in the day as time permits.

There will be a different author featured EVERY DAY.

Also, a lot of romantic suspense authors were featured at Mystery in the past year, including Samantha Graves, Karen Rose, Jeanne Adams, Hank Phillippi Ryan, Kate Carlisle, Loucinda McGary, Shiloh Walker and more. For the February blitz, I'm giving the first choices to authors who haven't been a monthly feature here before. I'll be sure to give our previously featured authors some "Face Time" (shout-out to Hank) in February, too!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

You're my rock star Becke!!!!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

New User
Linda_Krietz
0 Kudos

Hi Kate-

If you are in the mood for a great short story, check out the stories by Chastity Lane. She describes them as "romantic erotica". Since these are short stories, she obviously 'gets to the point' pretty quickly :smileyhappy: but the stories are romantic and couple-centric. There is no violence, S&M, sex with strangers, etc. The stories lead to a HEA and have a committed couple at the center of the plot and erotica.

-Linda

Island Ecstasy (Anthology)

Reader 4
smooches72
0 Kudos

I read a lot of Lora Leigh

Lorelei James

Nalini Singh

Reader 4
smooches72
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

You're my rock star Becke!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you at the Romantic Reads board! That's me on the left, Lori Foster second from right, and Linda Keller (red blouse) from the Barnes & Noble store in West Chester, OH (RWA Bookseller of the Year for 2007) celebrating Christmas at Lori's house with reader and writer friends.

That's Keri Stevens in the yellow sweater at the front, and Toni Blake laughing behind her, next to Lori Foster.

And here's angelic Keri (one of my critique partners) hamming it up:

Stone Kissed 

Holly Lane (Destiny, Ohio Series #4) 

One Reckless Summer (Destiny, Ohio Series #1) 

Whisper Falls (Destiny, Ohio Series #3) 

Sugar Creek (Destiny, Ohio Series #2) 

Letters to a Secret Lover 

Savor the Danger 

Bad Boys of Summer 

Trace of Fever 

When You Dare 

Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers Series) 

Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers Series) 

Buckhorn Beginnings 

Enticing 

The Guy Next Door