Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
jason_t
0 Kudos

Halfway to the Grave: Jeaniene Frost

Has anyone else read this? I loved it. It took a good 100 pages or so for me to really get into it, but once it got going it really took off. The characters were all really interesting, and I also liked the idea of a half vampire that wasn't necessarily a blood-sucker. All together a great read. Highly recommended.
----------------------------------------------------------
There are people who love you, Faith. Or who one day will. Even if you can't see them beside you, right here, right now, they're out there. But if you let the dark get into your eyes, you might never find them. So it's best to keep a little light with you, along the way.
-Harry Dresden
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Halfway to the Grave: Jeaniene Frost

jason_t wrote:
Has anyone else read this? I loved it. It took a good 100 pages or so for me to really get into it, but once it got going it really took off. The characters were all really interesting, and I also liked the idea of a half vampire that wasn't necessarily a blood-sucker. All together a great read. Highly recommended.

JasonT,

The Paranormal/Urban Fantasy bookclub is going to be reading Jeannie's book next month for their book so if you want to join in then please feel free. She also shows up and will be there next month. I am just starting it and will be finished by then.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
jason_t
0 Kudos

Awesome! I just made a post in the "introduce yourself" thread, so I'll be posting there often from now on. Thanks for the heads up on the book club, I'll be sure to join in.
----------------------------------------------------------
There are people who love you, Faith. Or who one day will. Even if you can't see them beside you, right here, right now, they're out there. But if you let the dark get into your eyes, you might never find them. So it's best to keep a little light with you, along the way.
-Harry Dresden
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Your welcome and if you check the thread Our Schedule you can see what is going on in January and February too.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Thanks for bringing this one to our attention, jason_t. I haven't read this but after reading the description, I really want to. I love that cover!
New User
StephWorne
0 Kudos

I loved this book. Can't wait for this club to read it. I will be back for the discussion then. (December right?):smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Pretty sure that discussion was back in dec of 2007 since that is when the original posts were done.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
becke_davis
0 Kudos

StephWorne wrote:

I loved this book. Can't wait for this club to read it. I will be back for the discussion then. (December right?):smileyhappy:

If you type in this title - or the author's name - in the white "search" box upper right, you'll find the past discussions of this and Jeaniene's other books. We've talked about them here and also over at the Paranormal book club board. I know she has visited there, too.

Doesn't matter if the discussions started in the past - you can always update and add to them. Posting a new comment will move the discussion to the front of the "board" again.

Correspondent
lesnes
0 Kudos

Love this series.... Cat and Bones! Can't wait til next year for This side of the Grave.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

It's out in February! We recently talked about her Cat and Bones spinoff books:

Eternal Kiss of Darkness 

First Drop of Crimson  

Correspondent
lesnes
0 Kudos

I can't wait till Feb. it seem sooo far away right about now. I hope she gets to tell Ian's story he is quite the character.

Melanie_Murray

Check out this video, teasing the next Cat and Bones book!

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Thanks for the book trailer Melanie! I can't wait till it comes out!

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

i am currently reading the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson..but

Cat and Bones are the next series on my TBR pile to read. :smileywink:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Halfway to the Grave with Bonus Material